5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous.
Published on 9 Oct 2006 by sue

3.0 out of 5 stars My Hero
I was trying to obtain the very first episode of my Hero. Series 123 & 4 is not what I wanted and the comedy was a bit dated.
Published 5 months ago by Benard Strtinger

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous., 9 Oct 2006
This review is from: My Hero - BBC Series 3 - Episodes 1-5 - Starring Ardal O'Hanlon, Emily Joyce, Hugh Dennis and Lou Hirsch [DVD] (DVD)
Probably the best Britcom this side of the millenium, My Hero puts a whole new spin on Superheroes. With the main character an alien, this creates a lot of jokes and scenarios similar to Mork And Mindy, but thanks to characters like the wonderfully cruel Mrs Raven, the devilishly tight Arnie, and the insane Tyler, the show maintains its freshness and becomes an original show, well plotted with lots of humour.

It's a shame that only Series 3 was released on DVD, and hopefully the others will be soon. Well, except for the ghastly Series 6, where James Dreyfus took over the reins. Shocking.

Ardal O'Hanlon does a wonderful job, and makes everything incredibly watchable. If the Beeb can bring out his 5 years, they'll be doing everyone a favour.

4.0 out of 5 stars Superb comedy, except for the irritating baby, 6 Sep 2010
CrinkleCutChip (East Ayrshire, Scotland) - See all my reviews
I love "My Hero" to bits but found this series, particularly episode 1, a bit disappointing. The arrival of the baby, who can already talk and fly, spoiled things for me. I found it extremely irritating.

But as always, exceptional comedy from Thermoman, Mrs Raven, the doctor, and Arnie.

It would have been five stars but for the baby.

Why on earth couldn't we have Series 1 and 2 first? When are they coming in a suitable format for the UK? I note that there is a US region format out for Series 1 and 2 -- why can't we have them?

5.0 out of 5 stars EXTREMELY FUNNY!, 29 Jan 2006
Absolutely side-splitting a truly great comedy, from the evil mrs raven to the 'full-of-himself'doctor crispin, i hate those stupid people who go around putting bad comments on everything they see, they must have no life. Anyway there couldn't be a better idea for comedy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Because I can't give it six, 22 Aug 2008
Jane Godfrey (Poole, Dorset) - See all my reviews
Absoutely Brillient. Pay no attention to the bad and horrible reviews. This is one of the greatest sitcoms of all time. It stars Ardal'O'Hanlon of Father Ted fame and Thermoman/George Sunday. It has him trying to have a life with a woman called Janet (Emily Joyce) whilst trying to be superhero Thermoman. It has fantastic one-liners and the witty dialouge had me in fits. You will never stop watching it. Splash out and BUY IT NOW!

3.0 out of 5 stars My Hero, 28 Jun 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars my hero, 24 Jan 2012
christmas present for grandson - he loved it will be getting others in the series soon to make a complete set

3.0 out of 5 stars My Hero Series 3 Episodes 1-5, 30 May 2011
A great series but DVD marred by being in 14:9 cropped 4:3 ratio disc. It is a pity as it was broadcast in 16:9 widescreen. Why would a distributor dumb down the presentation in this way? Series 2 in the USA is properly in 16:9 so no excuses for UK not doing ot properly.

Will not buy second part of the series until it is properly presented in the format (16:9) it was broadcast in.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Hero, 17 Sep 2003
This is one of the best british comedies ever ranking up there with the likes of Fawlty Towers and Black Adder. It is interesting and gives you a bellyful of laughs.
The highlight of the edisodes is the baby which can't talk and has other superpowers. It reacts in baish ways with adult intelligence. The episodes range from Geroge Sunday (Thermo Man)being able to speak dog to him looking like and old decrepid man.
My favourite episode is Pet Resue. In this episode George and Janet have to look after Biggles Janet's mum's dog. George hates it and one of the highlights of the episode is when he stands on a table in fear of "The playhouse of fleas". George decides to try and understand it by ordering a animal translator. When he gets it he accidently starts speaking piegon and piegon comes to the door. Then he changes it to dog and the first thing biggles says is "Bloody hell a human has never spoken to me". Through the course of the episode the dog tells George things which leads to George telling Janet's mum that his name isn't Biggles and he hates his coat. George tells biggles to assert himselves so when Janet's dad tries to put a new jacket on him he bights his balls. This leads to him saying that he will put the dog down at the vets, but doctor Pierce insisted on having at the surgery. But their wasn't enough drugs to kill the dog so they decided he would be put down in the morning. That night George rescuses biggles and takes him to his long lost mum.

5.0 out of 5 stars a bloody good show, 25 Jan 2009
Carole Lee (australia) - See all my reviews
hi to any one ,i am looking for the entire series of my hero in REGION 4 for australia ,i just love this show to bits .
can any one help please.
thanks

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst sitcome EVER!, 1 Jun 2005
By A Customer
Drivel, drivel, drivel. Excruciatingly awful on absolutely every level.
It stuns me that people are paid to produce this stuff. The writer and cast should be locked up and forced to watch this DVD 24 hours a day for the rest of their lives.
Painfully bad.