on 23 June 2003
Firstly, do not buy this for help with hazard perception! Ok, so it does explain what the new part of the test is, but It only has 4 example clips- all of which come on the free video from the DSA when you book your test.
As far as the Theory part of the test goes, I fully recommend this CD-ROM over the others available, it does have helpful pointers and shows where you have gone wrong. Theres plenty of questions that they can ask you in the mock tests, and I believe all of the questions from the actual test are on this product- there was not a question that I had never seen before.
If you work thorough this Cd-ROM carfully and slowly you will past the multiple choice part of the test. Just don't buy this product if you're struggling with the new hazard perception part.
on 28 February 2003
I bought this software a couple of weeks ago after booking my theory test and today i passed it first time, just like it says you will. this is better than getting the book because you don't see the answers right next to the questions. also the mock tests are really good and are different every time. if you go through every topic on this cd and make sure you know the answers then you will have no problems in the actual test. as well there is information on buying cars and what precautions you should take. the only thing that is missing is the explanation of the answers, but overall a great piece of software that really helps with the theory test. before i got this software i knew very little about any of the topics such as road signs and speed limits etc, but i know a lot more than i did before and it has made me a better driver. if you're looking for some theory test software to make sure you pass first time, then this is definetely the one for you.
on 11 January 2004
I expected the software to be a lot more visually appealing than it was. The contents of the software was however more important and I found the simplicity of the layout very easy to follow. One main concern when using this piece of software is when answering a question where multiple answers are required...you must count how many answers you click on as they will not let you know if you have not completed the question! Be very careful of this as I have missed out on full marks for the mock numerous times as a result of incomplete questions. I think it's great being able to test yourself on different parts of the syllabus.
I'm not too sure about passing first time with the software! Overally it's as good as any software can be and I therefore recommend it to anyone about to take their theory and needs to cram!
on 28 February 2003
This isn't a bad little program. It has an excellent learn and revise system. However, the question randomiser and the review for the mock tests are both a little dodgy. I have done several mock tests with the program, and each time I have had a couple of questions that have been repeated from each previous test (which is unlikely with a database of 800 possible from the DSA. I doubt there is the full 800 on the CDROM as I cannot find the exact number anywhere... it's just refered to as "the database").
There is a review section after the mock test where you are given your score, and a breakdown of each question you answered. You are given your mark out of 35 and your mark as a percentage (I don't know why they have included the percentage as the easiest way to see how you've done is your score out of 35). You are also given a list of all the questions you have answered in text format, which makes checking many of your answers pointless as they need a picture to go with them. There is a scroll bar provided to scroll through your answers, which is very difficult to use. If you want to scroll one line at a time, your ok as you only have to click on the up or down arrows, however, if you want to scroll to the bottom of the list , you have a 2 pixel thick bar which you need to drag down, which will be hard for those new to computing to aim at. The questions are arranged so that the questions you answered correctly are at the top of the list, and the ones you answered incorrectly at the bottom. This does seem rather pointless, why would you want to read through the questions you got correct before the ones you got wrong, so you are forced into using the 2 pixel wide thick bar, which never stops anywhere that you want it to!
But as I said at the start of this review, this is not bad for learning and revision. I wouldn't say that it's good for the mock tests, but I wouldn't say thats it's bad either.
Good luck with your theory and practical driving tests.
on 5 January 2011
excellent product at a very reasonable price, I am pleased with the purchase and I would recommend this product as a true bargain.
on 10 February 2003
i Passed my test 20 years ago but bought this to bring my knowledge up to date. I liked the fact that no two mock tests were ever the same and the hazard perception area gives an idea of this test. A useful product for those learning to drive car or motorbike but come on AA how about one for aspiring lorry or coach drivers. A useful piece of kit