5.0 out of 5 stars A Must for Kylie Fans
Published on 19 Nov 2002 by Mr. R. Acourt

2.0 out of 5 stars Ewwwwwww
This show is loads of effects and dancers, some Kylie and almost no live band. I went to see the gig in Forum, Copenhagen with 2 of my mates and we all thought that it was a bit too big, and watching this DVD just adds to the feeling. The effects are great but it seems like they inhibit the rest of the show, it’s practiced until every detail is perfect and...
Published on 28 Dec 2002 by jensvang

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must for Kylie Fans, 19 Nov 2002
Mr. R. Acourt (Northampton, Northants United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kylie Minogue - Kylie Fever 2002 - Live In Manchester : Limited Edition [DVD] (DVD)
I was at the London stage of this tour and purchased this DVD (region 1) hoping that it would be pretty much the same as the one I went to see. I was not dissapointed, in a word Fantastic. Kylie even popped up the same through the stage at the end to sing Blue Monday. The dancer used in 'Confide' did not seem as energetic as he did when I watched him at London but that could be just my imagination (still wished I could move like that). The DVD is full of extra's and as I said in the title, A Must Have for any Kylie fan. If you have not seen this tour live then it is more than just a concert, it is a spectacle, a show of singing, dancers and acrobats. The special edition comes with a live audio CD and nicer packaging, well worth the small amount extra. If I could give this a 6 then I would do, compared to Kylies 'Live in Sydney' DVD this beats it hands down.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best show of Kylie's career, 20 Feb 2003
Matt (Cardiff, UK) - See all my reviews
Having been very fortunate to see Kylie perform in the UK on the 'On A Night Like This Tour' in 2001, I was greatly looking forward to seeing 'Fever'. But this tour is COMPLETELY different to it's predecessor. The original band remains (including Kylie's talented backing singers Sharina and Laurine) as do Kylie's impressively strong vocals - SHE DOES NOT MIME!! However, conceptually, 'Fever' is a massive progression (due to the hard work of Kylie, William Baker and Alan McDonald), while at the same time there is still that ever-present connection between Minogue and her audience - something Madonna lost with 'Drowned World'. The show is divided into themes, with songs placed appropriately in each part, together with stunning D&G costumes, a great set and great dancers. It may lack the pizazz and high-energy of 'OANLT' but the effects (a result of the massively increased budget) are amazing: Kylie's entrance from beneath the stage encased in 'the borg'; dancers appearing from the roof; moving screens; off-the-wall imagery; Kylie's podium rise during 'Burning Up' to name but a few. The SAW hits are still there, including 'I Should Be So Lucky' which cunningly merges into 'Dreams'. In fact, I was the most pleased that Kylie had incorporated so many songs from her Deconstruction era: 'Confide in Me' is still a classic and 'Cowboy Style' and 'Limbo' from 'Impossible Princess' were performed immacuately. 'KylieFever2002' is not your average pop concert but without doubt showcases an artist that has grown from the SAW days into a much-respected woman of our time. And after reading some of the reviews claiming that 'The Crying Game' is c*** I can say only this - it's bloody amazing!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Come into Kylie's world!, 1 Dec 2002
By A Customer
What can I say? Brilliant! I did see the Fever tour live, but this DVD is just as good. Some songs get even better watching them the second time around, such as 'Confide in Me', 'Cowboy Style', 'Locomotion' (the performance turnes this lame tune into a very sexy little number) and of course 'Burning Up'. And Kylie's vocals are very strong, better than they've ever been. Ten out of ten!

5.0 out of 5 stars Tiny Kylie, massive show!, 29 April 2004
You can't help but hold your breath as the lights go down and the Feverhots up!
Kylie appears through the smoke from the floor, decked out in a sci-fiinspired costume complete with helmet. As she stands facing the audienceyou can feel her gaining power from the screaming crowd, and that's it -you are hooked.
Those first words 'Come, come...come in my world' make the hairs on theback of your neck stand upright and they do not go down until she says herfinal goodbye.
The show is filled to the brim with songs old, new and borrowed! It's anabsolute gay festival on that stage, big colours gorgeous dancers andenough energy to power the world for a night!
I was lucky enough to get to go to the show and have to say that the DVDreally is just as good as being there in person, well, almost. BUY IT.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kylie Fever Stateside, 5 Feb 2004
Since I'm from the good ole USA, the last time I heard anything from Kylie Minogue was 'Locomotion' from the 80's. Then came came 'Can't Get You Out Of My Head'. Unbelievable song but it wasn't until watching the Fever concert that I realized what I had came across. I wasn't familiar anything between 'Locomotion' and the Fever album but I have been hooked ever since. The concert was like nothing I have seen before! Now I'm out on a mission to infect everyone I can with the delightful disease I have been exposed to. If you are new to Kylie, this is definately a great place to start.

5.0 out of 5 stars kylie Fever tour 2002 was brillient from a big Kylie fan!, 28 Nov 2002
Well what can I say, a stunning performance as always by the Princess of Pop,Kylie Minogue.She sings lots of songs from her past to the present and the stage setting was brillient and I loved the lighting and the chandeliers etc projected on a large screen.One point I must make and that is about the documentary,section 3 on the dvd of the documentary makes a grating noise,apart from that the dvd is a must have for all fans of Kylie and you must have it in your collection.
Buy this today on DVD/Video you will be glad you did and you wont be bored.

5.0 out of 5 stars What An Entrance, 17 Jan 2007
I've never really grown up as a Kylie fan, not a bit into her Stock Aitken and Waterman years back in the day, but from "Spinning Around" where she amazed us all in her gold hot pants I've been hooked on her, and her material just keeps getting better and better.

Having just seen the Showgirl tour Live in London, which was an absolutely fantastic spectacle, I thought I'd have a look at her previous tour video - Fever. I remember trying to get tickets to that show in Manchester, but they had sold out so quickly I never managed it.

The intro to this video brought tears to my eyes and made all of my hairs on my arms and neck stand up. It is an immensely powerful intro and entrance - you can't help but to fall instantly in love with Kylie when she comes up from the floor in her robot costume. She looks incredible. The video is worth it for this alone, but in fact, this standard is kept up throughout the show.

If you only ever plan to own one concert DVD in your entire life by any artist, this should be a contender.

5.0 out of 5 stars Get the fever---it's HOT!!!!!!, 20 Nov 2002
By A Customer
Anyone who was lucky enough to see Kylies Fever tour 2002, will need no introduction to this concert, it did however sell out within hours so many people were dissapointed, so this review is for you!!! Fever 2002 became the most sucesfull tour by a female artist. The DVD looks amazing with fantastic costumes,
brilliant stage sets and at the centre is Kylie, having the time of her life putting on a show stopping performance. Most of the hits are there, from early SAW right through the to the present day, there are also a few surpises--Cowboy Style, Limbo, and a fantastic ballad medley that will have every Kylie critic eating there words--"She can't sing"....let me tell you readers she can!!
As well as the complete concert there are some great special features-A bonus live disc containing 72 minutes of music, a feel the Fever documentary, digital tour book, stage projections.
It all comes packaged in a foil slip case which looks amazing.
A must buy!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Feel the Fever with Kylie's Fever, 23 Jan 2003
OK, having read all of the other reviews I disagree with the ones that gave this DVD 2 stars. Why? I saw this concert at Sheffield and she was amazing! The Live In Sydney tour was far too camp and gay and this one got rid of all that and gave us a perfect blend of great singing, dancing and the phenomenon that is Kylie! She gives the concert the best she can do and she surpasses all expectations - The Crying Game, Come Into My World, Better The Devil You Know, Confide In Me and Cowboy Style are just some of the highlights. There are a few tedious moments - the one minute intro on Shocked and the tap dancing before Limbo (Yawn) but they can't fault the DVD. Buy this now!

5.0 out of 5 stars Let Kylie Come into your World, 19 Nov 2002
This is by far the best concert DVD that Kylie has released.
I was lucky enough to watch the show in Manchester on the night of the recording and this DVD brings back all of the excitment and atmosphere of that evening.
Along with all of the favourite Kylie classics, she performs some excellent tracks from the 'Impossible Princess' album. Check out the rather risky version of 'The Locomotion'!
The additional extras of the DVD give you an insight into the backstage life of Kylie and on the Special Edition, the CD covers many of the best songs on the DVD.
For any Kylie fan this is a MUST!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›