5.0 out of 5 stars Love the music -- worth buying
I have just been to see Debbie Wiseman conducting the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra at Cadogan Hall, London so thought I'd buy this album as a momento.
Published on 2 April 2008 by Graham Gall

1.0 out of 5 stars OK Music, for a DRM-crippled Album
I got the album after hearing Wiseman's awesome work for the soundtrack of "Haunted" and wanted to hear more. After attempting to listen to this album on my PC, I am forced to three conclusions:
Published on 11 Jun 2004 by Geoffrey Kidd

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the music -- worth buying, 2 April 2008
Graham Gall (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Something Here -- The Film and Television Music of Debbie Wiseman (Audio CD)
Hadn't come across her music before so wasn't too sure what to expect but was pleasantly surprised. I particularly enjoyed 'Wilde West', 'Judge John Deed' and 'My Uncle Silas'. In truth all the tracks are good but some are a little better than others but that shouldn't detract from the overall pleasure of hearing the music as it was intended to be heard from one of our best film composers.

By the way it played fine on my PC using Windows Media Player so not sure what the previous reviewer was on about.... maybe his PC was at fault

1.0 out of 5 stars OK Music, for a DRM-crippled Album, 11 Jun 2004
Geoffrey Kidd (Berkeley, CA USA) - See all my reviews
1. The album is DRM-crippled. It won't play in my PC unless Windows Media Player 9 is used, and it doesn't play at all well when it does, including audible clicks and pops in the sound. And no, I'm not going to bother trying it on a standard CD player after this experience.
2. With the exceptions of "Wilde West", and the short suite from "Haunted", the music is pretty pedestrian. It's not BAD music, but it's nothing to stir the heart.
3. I'll never buy another CD from the publisher of this DRM-crippled beast again, and I'm one heck of a lot less
likely to buy anything else Wiseman puts out as well, if this is an example of how her publishers treat her listeners.