5.0 out of 5 stars ONE OF THE BEST!
The Legend Of Zelda: A Link To The Past was a fantastic game on the SNES and you know something, its just as good on GameBoy! I am so glad they have released this game on the little cart because now you can take this great adventure with you anywhere. I first got the game when the GBA SP was released and I was hooked! I was in London at the time but on the way back...
Published on 29 Oct 2005 by Mark

3.0 out of 5 stars Too short
I completed this game in about 4 hours. It's incerdibly short, and pretty linear despite a huge enviroment to explore. The game definetley shows it's age, and just isn't up to the standards of today's games.
I heard great things about this game before buying it, like it had some excellent puzzles, but I found it incredibly easy and I only found one puzzle which made...
Published on 23 April 2003

5.0 out of 5 stars One Of The All Time Greats, 31 May 2003
GPickup (Salford, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - Four Swords (GBA) (Video Game)
Having grown up playing Zelda games (on the NES through to todays Gamecube) i always went back to playing my fav. one - Link to the past. When hearing that this absolute classic was being ported onto the GBA I could'nt wait.
This is an excellent game and although some of the original text has been shortened and one or two puzzles slighly dumbed down - it is still really enjoyable. Its a classic RPG that feels right at home on the GBA and will give any player hours of fun.
Not only do you get the great SNES game but (thanks to help from Capcom) you also get a brillant brand new multiplayer adventure in the form of "Four Swords" - Get 3 mates round and battle it out to see whos the best!!!
So to sum up - Excellent game.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure gaming brilliance in the palm of your hand!, 14 Feb 2003
J. Day "Swift" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This game was a winner as soon as the words 'Zelda: A Link to the Past on Game Boy Advance' were uttered by Nintendo. Just a straight conversion of the SNES game would have got my five stars. Nevertheless, not satisfied with just bringing the RPG classic to GBA, Nintendo bring us an entirely new game on the same cartridge: The Four Swords!
In a Link to the Past, we see our hero Link in the fourth chapter of the Legend. Having been awoken in the middle of the night by a telepathic message from Princess Zelda, he sets out to rescue her from the castle dungeon on a stormy night. Little does he know that he is about to be led on a quest to find the legendary Master Sword in a bid to defeat the evil wizard Agahnim who wishes to conquer the world.
Link's journey takes him across the land of Hyrule where he must traverse vast deserts, shrouded forests and breath-taking mountaintops. And that's not even the half of it. After finding the Master Sword our elven hero is thrown into an evil version of Hyrule in which he must rescue the lost maidens and prevent Hyrule from being overrun with monsters from this twisted parallel world.
As for my verdict on the game, I really cannot fault it. The game excels in its typically brilliant puzzles, its winding plot twists and its amazing range of locations for Link to explore. There is just so much atmosphere in the game and the unbelievable large worlds mean that it could take new players weeks just to explore it all.
There are a few gripes with this version though in comparison to the original SNES one (when the word Capcom came up before the titles I knew something was going to be fishy). Early on in the game some of the text is different, having seemingly been dumbed down (do Nintendo think today's gamers aren't as intelligent as they were back in the 90s or something?), which spoils some of the mystique of the Legend explained in the opening titles and the mystery in the conversations between Link and his uncle. For no apparent reason, one or two of the puzzles have been changed. One of the best and most ingenious puzzles in the game in the Ice Palace has been changed beyond recognition, which anybody could now pull off first time round. I blame Capcom.
Fours Swords is noted as the first ever-multiplayer Zelda game, and brings all the ingenious puzzles and adventurous dungeons in the style typical to the series, but this time with the brilliant co-operation system of four other Links.
However, the weak story line and the underwhelming sound effects (some of them are even taken from Link's Awakening on GB colour! 8bit sound fx! Joy!) means it could have been better. But what do I know, I've only ever played this with my brother so I haven't really experienced the madness of four players at once. The only big problem is that you need three Zelda fans for friends with a copy and a GBA each to get the most out of Four Swords.
I have been able to look past the faults of this conversion, and if I can, I think anyone can because I grew up with original and I must have completed it over 300 times since I got it 12 years ago. It's my favourite video game of all time, and it is still regarded as one of the best games ever created. Inferior to the original, but still an absolute must as it comes with Four Swords, this is classic gaming in the palm of your hands.

5.0 out of 5 stars one of the best games ever .. ever..ever...., 9 Jan 2006
By A Customer
i love this game, not only because it is one of the best games i have ever played, but also because it has a different feel to it than the other Zelda's. its like the daddyo of the zeldas, the one that was so massive and lasted you years.
Im glad its out for the GBA now because atlast its become portable. if you've never played it, you'll probably love it, and if you have, then youll know how re-playable it is.
Worth buying

5.0 out of 5 stars review, 25 Mar 2014
what can I say its one of the best Zelda games of all time and its better that you can play it on gba as well

4.0 out of 5 stars looking forward to playing, 12 Dec 2013
not played yet as still playing minish cap,
would love to be able to play on my new 3ds xl console
delivery excelent

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 8 Nov 2013
Mr. M. Churton "marc awesomo" (stoke, england) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I have always struggled to get into the Zelda series because well Mario is easier.

THIS GAME RULES!

the vicar hates it

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful port of a classic, 30 Jun 2011
E. Murphy - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Admittedly I never found anyone else who had this game so Ive not played the four swords add on, but as a review of just ALttP, its amazing. I used to watch my brother playing it on the SNES when I was little so when it came out on Game boy I snapped it up.

Even though its been ported to handheld, its still got the same amazing feel and the world is so expansive that it doesn't matter that you're staring at it on a tiny screen.

The storyline is brilliant, and makes you really feel for the characters, and I loved the voice acting on Link. He doesn't saying anything but his 'hups' as he jumps off ledges always makes me smile.

The gameplay is still good after all this time and I feel its a game you can go back to again and again.

I highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A masterpiece!, 14 Sep 2014
This game is great! It features fun and challenging gameplay and a big and varied world. Even today i would say this is the best tloz game of all time :D

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 12 Oct 2014
impressed with this game did not know GBA could be compatiable with the ds light

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 23 July 2014
Great game, great buy. I would definitely recommend it to any zelda fan

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - Four Swords (GBA)
Used & New from: £14.00