Format: DVD|Change

on 30 August 2002
Having been adopted by the Littles, Stuart is now one of the family. He has his own fully-furnished room , with books and toys. He plays soccer and works on his airplane in his spare time.He even drives to school in his little red sports car, accompanied by George his older brother walking alongside as guardian. Despite the comforts of a good home and family and over-protective but well-meaning parents, Stuart is feeling lonely. George is preoccupied with friends of his own size, as are the other kids at school. Mr. Little is busy at work all day, Mrs. Little is busy with their new baby sister, who is having trouble saying her first word.
One day, Stuart sets off alone for the trip home, feeling dejected. As he's driving along the pavement, lo and behold! - a beautiful little bird comes careering down from the sky and falls into the passenger seat of Stuart's car. As it happens, this bird, by the name of Margalo, is being chased by a falcon (named Falcon), that seems hell-bent on catching her. Thus begins a mad chase as Stuart pulls out all the stops to get home without being caught. Upon arrival, Stuart tries to mend Margalo's broken wing, while she tells him of her life as an orphan, having lost her mother a long time ago. Being of a sensitive nature, Stuart feels much sympathy for this charming bird, and begins to think that perhaps this could be the answer to their mutual loneliness. Snowbell, the Little's house cat, now having accepted (somewhat reluctantly) Stuart as a member of the family, isn't too enamored by Stuart's new friend. Snowbell, the most sarcastic cat that ever lived, no longer has a desire to harangue Stuart, but sees Margalo as a prospective new victim. Naturally, Mr. and Mrs. Little are smitten by the bird, and allows her to stay indefinitely. With Margalo around, things seem to be looking up for Stuart. He no longer feels alone, and there is even a hint of romance in the air.
But all is not well. One day Margalo disappears, and Stuart is convinced that the evil Falcon has abducted her. With the help of a reluctant Snowbell and his alley-cat friend Monty , he sets off on a perilous journey to a dangerous part of town in order to find her. But there is more to his new friend Margalo than meets the eye.
Anyone who loved the first Stuart Little film will absolutely love this second installment. The film-makers have done a great job in creating a story that has the viewer hooked from beginning to end. Nathan Lane gets all the best line, and steals the show as Snowbell the cat. All the voices are suited to the characters, and Michael J Fox is perfect as Stuart, as is Melanie Griffith as the enchanting Margalo. James Woods manages to be really scary as Falcon. One has to suspend disbelief when Stuart is driving along the busy Manhattan pavement in his little mouse-sized convertible without a)raising an eyebrow and b)being squashed; or when he is sitting in class with the other kids as one of the boys. And Mrs. Little has to get the prize for the most dim-witted mother on the planet, as George (who is obviously not very good at lying) spins a yarn to explain Stuart’s absence as he goes on his quest to find Margalo.
Despite that, this film cannot be praised highly enough, and will be loved by both children and non-cynical adults alike. This is a positive, feel-good movie, with a message that with every cloud - there is a silver lining.
on 3 May 2011
STUART LITTLE 2 is even scarier, funnier and better than the first film! The acting is way better, the voice-overs are better and the storyline is even more intense! The scenes are scarier and thestart is sweet and so is the ending! The music is very heart warming too! I highly recommend this film! The kids will love it and so will you! WATCH IT!!!!
on 3 March 2004
This film i brought for my children when it first came out and 2yrs on they still love it .It must be the most watched film they have and they have a few its ideal for children aged 2-8 in my oppinion.
on 2 July 2009
My 5 year old son absolutely loves this film. I have not personally watched it but it gave me hours of peace on holiday as he just wanted to watch this (and the first stuart little) constantly.
on 1 December 2010
Buying Stuart Little 2 after watching it previously all these years ago has made me remember why I loved this film so much. Don't be put off by the fact it is only around 70 minutes - the events within them make it feel much longer because THAT much is going on.

This is a warm, family film that is quite touching. I think that Michael J Fox as the voice of Stuart was a great idea. He adds the personality and it is a joy to hear Stuart. The other actions such as Jonathon Lipnicki, Hugh Laurie and Geena Davis are very good actors and seeing them on screen again made me all nostalgic because they represent such a loving family.

A thing I really adore about this film though is the engrossing soundtrack by Alan Silvestri. I love his work, especially in films like Forrest Gump but the themes he created for this film are just lovely. When I heard it again I just instantly thought about Stuart Little, it was that memorable. It was like seeing an old friend again. Some parts are quirky, other parts are touching. The string instruments are what set it apart though. Sweeping and beautiful, it brings me back to watching this film as a child and I won't forget it.

The film itself is entertaining and enjoyable! There is nothing to fault with this film! It also never gets old!
on 11 February 2004
your children will love this movie.it is really funny and my children were glued to the tv.it has a great story to it too.
if your children liked monster inc and toy story then this is another movie they will love.do not miss out on seeing this movie you will not regret buying it.
on 6 August 2007
My 2yo loved Stuart Little I and II, but the second film contains the death of a very major character - the 'bad' falcon. The first film showed 'baddies' getting their come-uppance, but, in typical kids-film style, always made clear that they weren't really hurt, learned their lesson etc. The second film doesn't do this - the falcon falls from a very great height after a fatal collision, crashes out of sight inside a bin, and a hungry cat jumps up on the edge licking his lips!
After several viewings, my child picked up on this and got distressed.
Great films, full of humour and charm, but who really wants to explain death to a toddler?
on 30 May 2014
Great film, reminds me of my childhood. The only thing that I was a bit umm about is that it arrived a day later than expected which never usually happens with Prime but it's no biggy :) would recommend.
on 26 March 2013
For years I possessed the video for my grandchildren.when I recently got rid of my video player I replaced The video of Stuart Little 2 with the DVD. The grandchildren love it and so do I.
on 4 August 2010
This is a really great family film, we all love watching it especially my youngest who is 4 who watches it over and over. Well worth purhasing and having it is a family classic.