5.0 out of 5 stars Forget the kids - brilliant fun for grown ups!
Bought this for Christmas as a bit of fun after dinner. After a few bottles of wine, just the sight of the elephant masks had us in hysterics. The dull parents in the other reviews need to lighten up! Highly recommended for a short term entertainment though not sure we'll play it very often. Well worth the money for the biggest laugh I've had for ages!
Published on 10 Jan 2008 by Mrs W. H. Smith

1.0 out of 5 stars What a disappointment
Our daughter really wanted this for Christmas when she was 5. Such a disappointment for her. The game is very limited, too tricky for young children (adults struggled to get all the doughnuts onto the trunk) and a complete waste of money. Doh says it all for anyone buying this rubbish.
Published on 3 Sep 2007 by A. Clarke

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Forget the kids - brilliant fun for grown ups!, 10 Jan 2008

1.0 out of 5 stars What a disappointment, 3 Sep 2007
A. Clarke "madcyclist" (Hampshire, UK) - See all my reviews
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars

1.0 out of 5 stars What a gimmick!!!!!!, 7 Oct 2007
M. McPolin - See all my reviews
= Durability:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Doh Nutters (Toy)
I bought this game for my 3 year old, I thought it would be a really good family game!!!!!! While the pieces are durable, the elephant masks are very heavy and so are quite sore to wear after a short while. It is very difficult for an adult to collect the rings yet alone a child, hence it has hardly been out of the box! It is also very difficult to get it back into the box. It is educational from the point that you will have to teach both yourself and your children to hold there temper as it is one of the most fustrating games i have come across and inevitably leaves everyone in bad form after trying to play with it.

VERY, VERY, VERY DISAPPOINTING GAME!

DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't believe all the reviews, 5 Jan 2010
Mr. Richard W. Allies (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Doh Nutters (Toy)
Santa brought this for my 9 y.o. daughter - last minute request. Having read the reviews I had my doubts, but the game appeared anyway. I have no idea what game some of the other reviewers have been playing, but it wasn't this one!
The sight of everyone in elephant masks was enough to provoke shrieks of laughter (not alcohol fuelled), and the kids got the task down to about 10 seconds to complete the game. Then the adults took over, and the record stands at 5 seconds! It won't be out every night, but is great for a laugh at parties for both kids and adults.

1.0 out of 5 stars One of the worst games ever for my child, 12 July 2009
G. Austin "graeme_austin" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Doh Nutters (Toy)
This game looks great on the TV adverts but when you try and play it, you'll find the elephant mask is incredibly uncomfortable for an adult to wear (and my daughter who was nearly 5 when she got it).

When it comes to actual play, only a miracle can get a do-nut onto the nose piece of the mask. I watched a 3 year-old, 5 year-old (mine) and a 7 year-old all fail to get a single donut on the nose without using their hands.

An utter waste of money and time. Only buy this if you can't find a drain to pour your money down.

5.0 out of 5 stars DOHNUTTERS - EXRREMELY FUN GAME, 20 Jan 2010
This review is from: Doh Nutters (Toy)
THIS GAME WAS HARD TO COME BY OVER THE CHRISTMAS PERIOD BUT BUYING THROUGH AMAZON WAS EASY.
GLAD I BOUGHT THIS AS MY NIECE WAS ANCHORING AFTER IT FOR AGES AND HAS PLAYED WITH IT NON STOP.

5.0 out of 5 stars Doh Nutter, 10 Sep 2010
This review is from: Doh Nutters (Toy)
Fantastic!!! First time I played this (I am 42!) was at a family fun evening (where the average age was over 60!!)
We all had so much fun I decided to but it for my children - actually - the older you are the funnier it is!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the best!, 14 Jun 2014
A. FLETCHER (Surrey) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Doh Nutters (Toy)
To be fair this game 'does exactly what it says on the tin!' However my Daughter found it very boring, only used it once and then we sold it to someone else. :-(

I think younger children would enjoy it, or they'd at least enjoy running around in the masks! But children who are close to the top end of the age bracket might find it boring after they've played it a couple of times.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fab, 1 Jan 2014
This review is from: Doh Nutters (Toy)
My niece was really happy with her game which is great and a great classic game to own. Good fun for kids

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple game, simple fun!, 1 Jan 2014
G. O'DONNELL (Stuck in my house with a dead cat and an insane wife.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Doh Nutters (Toy)
We've had this for a few weeks now and it's provided us with plenty of fun family times!

To all those people moaning that "it's a bit tricky", do you expect everything handed to you on a plate in life?! Of course it's a bit tricky....it'd be the worst game in the world if there were no challenge to it. Actually, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't even be classed as a game if it were over and done with in 10 seconds. Get a grip losers! With the right technique it's pretty simple. Practice makes perfect! The moaning whinge-bags on here need to get over their lack of dexterity and man-up a bit.

Is the mask heavy or uncomfortable? No, not really. Man up wimps! I bet you cry when the wind blows in your face. Pansy's!

Coincidentally, my 9 year old son managed to get 7 hoops on his trunk last night after we bet him he couldn't do it. Cost us a tenner but it was worth it watching him manage to get 6 on in 10 mins but then took another hour to get the 7th on. I've never seen such determination. I'd have pushed for an 8th but even I don't think that's possible.

If all else fails you'll have 12 cheap life-rings for mice or similar sized rodents. It's win/win!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›