on 9 December 2002
It requires some skill however and perhaps is not suitable for younger teenagers. It revolves around a 'Call My Bluff' concept, with a twist, players have to write their own descriptions for what the words, people, films, laws,etc mean.

The game involves each player taking turns to be 'The Dasher', he or she picks a category, then reads out the word/person/film title on the card - he or she then writes the correct answer on his or her card and the rest of the players write plausible answers on their cards. The answers are all then read out by the The Dasher - the remaining players have to pick which one they think is the correct answer.
Obviously if you get it right - you get points and if someone thinks yours is the correct answer you get points too. The skill lies in coming up with answers that are in a similar style to those on the card, something which develops over time.
This is a game best played by at least four people but the more the merrier.
Film titles is one of the best categories as you have to come with the plot line for a film - and honestly you would not believe what my father comes up with!
Absolute Balderdash is a must for any family who has unlimited amounts of imagination and neat handwriting!!
on 30 July 2006
This is such a GREAT GAME! I can't tell you how funny it is and how quickly you pass the time....and you definitely get the creative juices flowing! We played it with a group of five and of seven, both of which were fine sizes. Probably not a best one for under 12's or just two people. Its a little like 'Call My Bluff' (the TV programme) and its fantastic - set yourself up for A LOT of laughter and enjoyment. Definitely a must have.
on 4 November 2003
A brilliant game that is best played with at least 5 or 6 people. It is the sort of game that provides hours of amusement after dinner and over a few drinks while not stifling any conversation that is going on amongst the group.
I highly recommend.
on 12 December 2002
If you want to have the kind of stomach-clutching laughs that make you smile for a long time after the party (or quiet night in), buy this game. It doesn't sound as appealing as it actually is, but your and your friends' ideas for 'dictionary definitions' is hilarious, not to mention the words themselves! I never played it with kids, but I expect that would be fun too. For 20-30 somethings, this is just surprising fun. Move on from Twister and banish all thoughts that board games are boring. It makes you think, gets you talking about all sorts of things you never thought you'd be talking about and is a truly unusual way to spend an evening.
VINE VOICEon 5 August 2003
Good fun for older children and for adults, as an after-dinner party game. Can be hilarious, depending upon the company and alchohol consumption!
on 13 July 2004
You might think the instructions are part of the game, but once you actually start playing you realise that like the best games, the format is quite simple. In this case, the better the liar you are, the more you'll convince the other players your answer is feasible ( just like real life! ).
If you can't think of anything convincing, write something humourous.
This game had us in fits of laughter as well as being subconciously educational.
on 24 June 2012
I can't get enough of this game. It's delightfully fun for any group of people. There is nothing inappropriate, so it's a great game for the family, but since you are free to write what answers you wish to, it can equally be played with a bunch of friends and some drinks (and inappropriate answers!) It's a brilliant game because it involves everyone every round and becomes funnier and funnier. It's good for kids too, because you write your answers down, have to use your imagination and then you learn what the words/laws/people etc. were after the round is finished. The best board game I've played.
on 14 September 2005
Just buy it. The more friends to play with the better. It's hilarious. Just when you think you've chosen the right answer, you're surprised by just how creative your friends are. You won't stop laughing. Get it!
on 23 January 2007
This is absolutely brilliant and I highly recommend it. We have many games that we save for when friends come over, and this one has been a winner!! I have not tried the 2 player game, but for 4 and 5 of us, it was excellent fun, even when one player was under 12.

Don't worry if you don't think your imagination or creative juices aren't up to it...I didn't think mine were, but a round or two in, you'll really surprise yourself!!!
on 3 January 2011
I bought this some time back as a present for my brother who loves playing Monopoly and Cranium. I bought this after seeing an advert and thought I would take a chance, I'm so glad I did!!

We all played this together the first time we played it and in the group was my 12 year old niece. No one guessed she made up the story about a pimp!!!

I wish we could play this more but unfortunately my sister in law hates this game! So bear that in mind; it's not for everyone!!!