5.0 out of 5 stars A Never Ending Inspiration, 19 Oct. 2003
Mr. S. T. Clare (Didcot, Oxon United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: This Never Ending Now (Audio CD)
If you're reading this review, you're already likely to be a Chameleons fan. After all, this is an album earmarked for people who already have the songs on other albums but who yearn to hear them again, albeit with from a new perspective.
So, do I recommend it?
You bet I do.
Buy it...turn off the lights and pull the curtains...put it in your machine and press play...then simply listen, relax and lose yourself.
I did...and for one glorious moment I was 18 again...

5.0 out of 5 stars 'Is it any wonder' this is a first class album, 30 Jan. 2010
D. Mayner (Derbyshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: This Never Ending Now (Audio CD)
Having been a student in Manchester in the early 80's I was lucky to have seen the Chameleons live several times and have their first three albums on vinyl (also now on CD for convenience). I still play their music more than any other band in my collection - there seems to be a timeless quality to their music that refuses to be pigeon-holed.
Back in the early 80's though I was an angry young man and played my music loud. I didn't really care that the sound quality on the records wasn't brilliant, the Chameleons were! Now I'm in my 40's and a little more mellow I still play the early stuff but enjoy the more recent CD's even more. I think Why Call it Anything is a great album but This Never Ending Now has been a big surprise. It is like a greatest hits album where every song has been reworked in a new and fresh way. Not as 'unplugged' as Strip but a more acoustic, mellow and melodic working of some great songs. Also, the recording quality is exellent - probably the best production of any Chameleons CD. Mark's vocals are clear and the guitars are sharp and well defined. Even my wife will happily listen to this album, whereas I usually only play the early records at the required volume when she is out of the house! Whether you have been a Chameleons fan for 30 years or have never heard them before you should get this album. You'll still be playing it in 20 years time!

5.0 out of 5 stars No Wonder I Feel Like I'm Floating On Air, 6 Nov. 2009
The Chameleons were my favourite band of the 80's. At the time some of these songs were the soundtrack to my teenage years. To now hear them again acoustically is magical. To also regard the songs in present tense is comforting too.

Anyone who is a fan of The Chameleons needs no review comments to influence them to purchase this album. For those who are new to the sounds, bear in mind that these tunes caressed our ears electrically with "delay" effects on guitars etc.

Consequently, cut down for acoustic enables us to experience new chemistry with the old songs making them evocative and attention-grabbing as always.

This Never Ending Now
This Never Ending Now by Chameleons (Audio CD - 2002)