5.0 out of 5 stars One Fantastic CD
Published on 18 Aug 2003 by Mr. White

3.0 out of 5 stars Some Ooohh la la, alongside a little ump pah pah...
I bought this album having listened to it being played in the Virgin Mega Store in San Francisco. The DJ reckoned it was number one in the "world music chart". Always a sucker for advertising, and the fact that I liked the two songs played, I decided on the strength of that to buy the album.
What I purchased is mostly excellent. There are few tracks which I would...
Published on 16 Feb 2003 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Some Ooohh la la, alongside a little ump pah pah..., 16 Feb 2003
Amazon Customer "Gadget Lover" (Alvechurch, Worcestershire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hotel Costes - 5 (Audio CD)
What I purchased is mostly excellent. There are few tracks which I would consider a little "corny and parisien pastiche" but the rest of the mixes are excellent. If you want something to tap along to and generally chill out to, then this could do it for you. Certainly if you have not purchased anything like this before then the tracks which are winners are worth the purchase price alone (you will have to make up your own mind on the rest).

5.0 out of 5 stars One Fantastic CD, 18 Aug 2003
This review is from: Hotel Costes 5 (Spkg) (Audio CD)
If it's pounding tunes that you want, then this isn't what you're loking for. If it's something to chill out and relax to however, then this is more than likely just the ticket. It features some fantastic tracks, of which some of my favourites include track 5 - Summer in Paris, track 9 - Doo Uap, Doo Uap, Doo Uap, and track 14 - One Night in Rio which I find particularly appealing. This CD is fantastic to have simply playing in the background, at a party or whilst chatting with friends, or for actually listening to. Definitely a worthy purchase, this CD mixes a unique style with class, appeal and brilliance. Go on, get this CD now!
And if you love this CD then I would recommend several others too: Jakatta - Visions, Underworld - A Hundred Days Off, Mr. Scruff - Trouser Jazz, and Bonobo - Dial "M" for Monkey.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pompougnac did it again . . ., 18 Oct 2002
Isabella (Geneva, Switzerland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hotel Costes - 5 (Audio CD)
Slightly different from the other 4 albums, but yet another very impressive mixture. Stephane Pompougnac has managed to present the Parisian Lounge music together with a bit of Latin, English & old French tunes thrown into it. This one is a bit more "tranquille" and has a brasserie ambiance but certainly worth buying. Bravo !

5.0 out of 5 stars This is something very special..., 31 Dec 2003
P. Gill (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hotel Costes - 5 (Audio CD)
Stéphane Pompougnac has crafted an awesome mix here, I prefer Vol 5 over all the previous Costes CD's. I can't praise it enough though I usually flick it off before the ridiculous rendition of Steppin'Out at the end. There are so many brilliant tracks on this Cd and the way in which they have been put together is truly inspired. More than A+. A very special record.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well Done Stephane!!!, 26 Nov 2002
This review is from: Hotel Costes - 5 (Audio CD)
The music starts at a very "spacy" kind of a tune that its intention was immediately noted that to take the savvy listeners out of this planet. As the tracks progresses, it brought down our minds a bit back to the old Costes albums as released previously. However when one hits track number 5, Les Champs Elysee, we know that Stephane definitely has the hang over it....one felt that, yes, I am ready to surrender and just let the music "take over"!!!
Definitely another great album from The Costes Team and Stephane Pompougnac. Well done on the first appearance on the album. His slightly wicked look fits in perfectly with the kind of music he mixes.
This is the music people would found refuge in......

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant mood music!, 2 Dec 2008
N. Lammond "neil" (netherlands) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hotel Costes - 5 (Audio CD)
I now have the majority of the Hotel Costes series after an ex colleague recomended them. For me Vol 5 is the best of the lot which is saying a lot because the rest are also pretty good too!

My favourite on this Cd is the gorgeous 'Summer in Paris' with it's sublime female vocals and jazzy feel. This song comes in after a couple of other fantastic tracks which really get things going one of which has lots going on including a random Leslie Phillips type 'Hellooo'. After this awesome middle section the Cd carries on in entertaining fashion and you find yourself listening right through time after time. If you like lounge music with a french/latin feel buy this asap!

4.0 out of 5 stars starts great then gets average, 3 Sep 2006
This review is from: Hotel Costes - 5 (Audio CD)
I think this is probably the best of the Hotel Costes series or at least of the four that i own. The first few tracks are great and well mised (five star stuff) but it tails off around the half hour mark and when I put it on I find I'm not really listening to it by the end as it's all a bit dull and unimaginative. Still if you're into loungey french stuff it's worth having for the first half.

2.0 out of 5 stars Wallaper, 4 Oct 2009
This review is from: Hotel Costes - 5 (Audio CD)
This really is style over substance. Beautifully packaged - it had to be! - believing that it is some sort of audio super-model Vogue, Hotel Costes5 presents some of the blandest mood music you are likely to hear; in fact you probably have already heard it down at your local wine (whine?) bar.

It gets two stars as it was cheap.

4.0 out of 5 stars Another classic from Stephane Pompougnac, 15 Jan 2013
S. Gower (Berkshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hotel Costes - 5 (Audio CD)
I own a lot of this Hotel Costes series and I have not heard a duff one yet. This is not may favourite (hence just the four stars) but still provides a perfect jazzy soundtrack to your life.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice but that's all, 8 Dec 2012
Flappit Witch (Yorkshire, where else?) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hotel Costes - 5 (Audio CD)
This is my 2nd Hotel Costes CD. The other one, etage 3, blew me away. This one didn't. Although its growing on me. Maybe I'll give it 4 stars in 6 months time

Hotel Costes - 5
Hotel Costes - 5 by Stéphane Pompougnac (Audio CD - 2002)