4.0 out of 5 stars Wow!
Before these headphones, I had a pair of £50 Sennheisers. They met a rather...destructive end, after being dropped down a flight of concrete stairs. FOr a replacement, all I wanted was something to listen to music and play video games while everyone else in the house was asleep, not for DJing or anything that requires £200 quality.

Compared to the Sennheisers,...
Published on 15 Feb. 2011 by El Presidente

3.0 out of 5 stars Useful long cable, but below average sound
I've owned these for a while now and picking up some newer headphones recently wanted to compare them to the Panasonics.

Published 14 months ago by Mr Baz

4.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, 15 Feb. 2011
El Presidente (Surrey, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Panasonic RP-HT225E-K Monitor Headphones with XBS - Black (Electronics)

Compared to the Sennheisers, these headphones hold their own nicely. Very bassy, but with clear vocals. The mid-ranges are a little muffled, but otherwise shockingly good. They also cancel out noise better than my previous headphones and they're more comfortable.

However, if you like to blast your ear drums into next Tuesday, you'll be hard pressed. The volume is adequate, but not ear-bleeding.

Since I bought them for just over £10, these headphones are more than worth the buy. I just hope they last.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Headphones!, 18 April 2012
Really great purchase. Bought for my lap top as I like to watch catch-up TV. The sound quality is excellent considering the price and also because it came with a larger adapter, I can also use it on my piano (which sounds great also). Would definitely recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent product, 5 Feb. 2011
I can find little that is wrong with these headphones. They are comfortable and very generous in terms of cable length.
Let's go into detail about these headphones:

Aesthetics: They look like a pair of bog-standard headphones, to put it simply. The outer surface is matte which looks very nice, while inside the headband is a bit ugly. However, nobody will be looking at the inside area while they are being worn and they do not detract from the comfort which is fine. They have a plasticy feel to them but they don't feel particularly cheap as they are quite sturdy, but flexible enough to be worn without any kind of discomfort. The cups are big, so you'll look like a Cyberman whilst wearing them. This, however, allows for more breathing space inside.

Wearing: The cups are big enough to fit your ear in, and then some: as I said before there is plenty of elbow room for them and for audio to move around. If they are worn for a prolonged period of time the top of your ears may ache but this is short-lived. Helpfully the whole thing can be adjusted and the cups move around very loosely which basically makes it feel like one size fits all (which it should). And most importantly, they are incredibly comfortable - so much so that you might even forget you're wearing them!

Listening: If you just wear them without any sound pumping through into your eardrums, they do a fairly good job of blocking most sounds out. However, when you turn some music on then you can forget about hearing the phone ring, your doorbell, etc. You'll be immersed in whatever you're listening to within seconds, so make sure you listen to loud music on high volumes. And the phones' noise cancellation is outstanding - I had a loud song on nearly full blast, and a person stood right next to me couldn't hear it at all. You can count on these if you want to listen to something completely in private. I must point out that it sounds a little muffled compared to my Skullcandy Ink'd earphones, but in contrast you can hear background sounds a lot better with these headphones. A fair tradeoff, IMO!

Overall: Ten out of ten. Comfortable earphones at a fine price. Watch out for the exceedingly long cable, though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Headphones, 26 Oct. 2011
I am so pleased with these. I have always found headphones uncomfortable. The plug-in ones don't fit in my ears and the headphone variety always begin to hurt if I keep them on for any length of time. Since they don't fit properly I have to have the volume full on to hear anything.
These are WONDERFUL. Comfortable, efficient. I can wear them all day. At last I can hear music the way it's supposed to sound - properly balanced. And I hear all sorts of peripheral sound that I just couldn't pick up before. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic RP HT225, 2 Dec. 2010
Great no-frills headphones, this is my third pair (my last lasted ten years) and I will probably always get them. The ear cups fit snugly around the ears and work well at cancelling out background noise - very useful if you have someone watching loud TV in the next or same room!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Useful long cable, but below average sound, 27 Feb. 2014
Mr Baz - See all my reviews
(#1 REVIEWER)    (No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)

The main advantage of these are the longer than normal 3m cable and built in volume control., though the length can mean you get more cable tangle than some other phones. Build is as expected fairly basic but not unacceptable for the asking price. These are somewhat larger phones if that's what you are looking for, just bear in mind the portable aspect (better suited to home listening)

Audio wise I compared these to the Sony MDRV150's I bought and possibly unfairly to the much more expensive (though not crazy priced) Yamaha HPH 200's. Running through my Asus Xonar PC sound card to ensure a quality signal.

No prizes for guessing the Yamaha's clearly won and sounded the best by a long shot. What was surprising was the Sony MDRV150's sound much better than the Panasonic phones. The HT225's sounded quite weak on bass and with fairly poor tonal seperation and response. I was quite disappointed though you might find the sound adequate for basic use, they're fairly low volume and require quite a bit of pumping on the EQ to try to wring out better sounds.

I'm not shocked a pair of cheaper phones sounded "ho hum" I was just surprised how much better the MDRV150's sounded, much better bass and frequency response. These are clearly better than the £2 car boot sale ultra budget offerings, possibly worth considering if you need the cable length or in volume control, and they are fairly comfy too. Not as good as expected though.

2.0 out of 5 stars Great at first, but, 27 Feb. 2013
Bought for my son on his PC worked fine for 8 weeks, he was very happy,, but then the connection at the plug failed so only one side worked, trying to arrange refund. Although cheap they really should have lasted longer, great sound poor product life, it may be worth paying a little more in future or it could have been a one off failure.

3.0 out of 5 stars Could be better, 6 July 2012
This product is OK, for the price. However, the right headphone only works when the volume is on full, meaning the volume has to be adjusted on the computer/tv/stereo. Good enough if you just want it for background listening, but if you're listening to music a lot, you'd be better of spending a bit more. Check out the reviews for the Sennheiser HD201's.

Also, they start to hurt my ears after a while, because I wear glasses, so I wouldn't recommend if you wear them.

Overall, they definitely have nothing on a good pair of headphones, but if you want to use them for children watching DVD's in the car, or just for some light listening, they do the job.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good enough for me, 31 Mar. 2013
I gave these headphones a 4/5 rating, not because I don't think they're perfect, but because I imagine they won't be quite as perfect for any costumer as they've been for me. I'll elaborate on what kind of headphones I've been looking for: I needed headphones that are reasonably comfortable, didn't involve any microphones (because I'm paranoid and not super-skilled with computers, OK?), and they needed to be somewhat sturdy so I wouldn't break them. They needed to not stand apart from the crowd (because anything that did would imply that I knew something about music (which I don't)), and they needed a wire that was long enough for me to walk across my room without carrying my [popular semi-portable music storage device] with me. These headphones (which admittedly I've only had for about a week, so don't take my word for their sturdiness) fulfilled all of these demands, and thus are great for me. Also, I was pleasantly surprised to find that they included one of those plugs which can make ordinary headphones plug into musical instruments like, say, a keyboard.

In summary, these are nice for anyone who just wants to listen to music (or to oneself playing the keyboard horribly, whichever one prefers), i.e. myself, but I would naturally assume that the informed costumer who knows what he wants knows that he wants something else.

4.0 out of 5 stars good sound, 19 Feb. 2013
Bought this for my husband so he can watch videos (utube etc) on his computer without disturbing the rest of us. He's very happy with the sound and the ear pieces are comfortable.