4.0 out of 5 stars Sugary but sweet
Its fluffy, its cheesy, its sugary...its all that and more. But I couldn't help but enjoy it. I even saw it at the cinema. I must admit though, on first viewing I did just find it all a bit overpoweringly cheesy. Yet I went on and got the DVD and have found after several viewings, that I can appreciate it for what it is - Girly fluff!
Sure the acting in it leaves a...
Published on 3 Aug 2004

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as terrible as made out to be, but not stellar
Published on 15 Dec 2008 by H

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Sugary but sweet, 3 Aug 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Crossroads [DVD] [2002] (DVD)
Sure the acting in it leaves a lot to be desired at times, and the plot is kinda unbelievable at times, but all in all its not so bad. Sure some of the reviews here aren't so good, but I bet the reviewers aren't the target audience...the 10 yr old dreamers, the women with a little girl at heart. And they're the ones that will appreciate this film.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Secret Britney Fan, 14 Feb 2010
Ms. Elizabeth Ml Clare "michaeljacksonfan" (Somerset, England) - See all my reviews
I know it's Britney Spears acting and I'm aware of the movie critic's opinion on this one, but as a fifteen year old girl I loved this film and even as the twenty year old that I am now, I still love this film. It's obviously cliche and predictable, but she falls in love and they all make friends and there's a roadtrip, come on! It's what us girls live for. (Well, I am a Quentin Tarrantino fan too so I like a bit of arm chopping off action as much as the next person) but of course we all crave the impossible romance that somehow works out and we definetly get it!
If you're a girl and love teen romance and Britney Spears (even if it's a secret!) go for it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Crossroads!, 12 July 2004
This review is from: Crossroads [DVD] [2002] (DVD)
Absolute CickFlick, thought it would be another singer tring to act, which technically is true, but Briteny improved within the fist 20mins. Very impressive. Funny. Sexy.
Great Film! Excellent DVD. Loads to do & see on it!

5.0 out of 5 stars A good movie and I liked it!, 7 Jan 2009
FAMOUS NAME (UNITED KINGDOM) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Crossroads [DVD] [2002] (DVD)
Okay, so I'm not a 'Britney' fan, and considering all the bad publicity she gets and the way this movie was slagged off, was enough to get anybody to watch it to see what it's really like! Actually, I'm highly suspicious of such movies that get such a bad rating and always tend to think the opposite as a result - and as was the case with this!

This is a 'good' movie and with a good story, and anyone who doesn't like it is basically saying that because Britney did not get her clothes off and it's not full of sex and swearing, it's a load of rubbish... I wonder how much the negative response this movie got affected Britney Spears and contributed in making her what she is today!? The same was done with 'Madonna' when she used to turn out good movies like 'Desperately Seeking Susan' and 'Who's That Girl' and they got slated as 'rubbish' because they were too 'tame' and not what people had expected - then she went on to make the sort of movies people wanted of her, which in my opinion no longer seemed worth watching...

However, back to this movie; this has a good and interesting story and is a nice film that would appeal to any age - particularly Teenagers I guess, when they're at that period of change in their life - growing up and so on - pity about the 'uninspiring' title though - which particularly in the UK would not go down well because for those Americans out there that don't know; we had a Soap over here years ago by the same name which was ridiculed.

Don't 'slag it' - watch it, and you might be pleasantly surprised! (if you're really honest about it!)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as terrible as made out to be, but not stellar, 15 Dec 2008
H (London) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Crossroads [DVD] [2002] (DVD)
This type of film is never going to be especially deep, meaningful or groundbreaking - it's a teen oriented girly movie. Its purpose is to be light, fluffy and entertaining. It fulfils that purpose, but of course the fact that it was "Britney's first film role" overshadowed all and led to the kind of derision that took it far more seriously than it was ever meant to be. Of course it's cheesy, but as fluffy teen fare this movie works - in fact, there's actually a pretty sensitive treatment of sexual assault in the movie. Britney, contrary to reports, is perfectly believable. Never in danger of winning any Oscars for it, but certainly no better or worse than many of the lauded teen stars of 2002 when it came out.

That said, even as a fan who if anything would be biased in her favour, it doesn't sit right. I could never shake the impression that this was more a furthering of Brand Britney and an attempt to push the 16 year old schoolgirl image out of people's minds since she was by then 21 ('I'm Not A Girl Not Yet A Woman' and all that) than a real film project for her, and the movie does little to dispel that. Teen movies have shown they can be more intelligent than popcorn fluff, and this lacks the wit and bite of oldies like Sixteen Candles or more recent films like Mean Girls.

It's not bad, it'll happily enough entertain its target audience (teens and Britney fans), and as far as films go I've seen far worse. However, she would have been much better off going the way of Beyonce or Justin Timberlake and going the traditional studio based route into films rather than setting up her own vanity project via her record label. I can't imagine she would have lacked for offers, and it might have allowed her something a bit more substantial to test her acting chops on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Give her some credit!, 1 Jan 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Crossroads [DVD] [2002] (DVD)
Ok, i think it is about time this film had a review it deserves. I am 23 years old and LOVE it! And funnily enough, my mates do too.
People say Britney can't act and the film is rubbish - she has made a film targeted to teenagers so she is not going to make it too serious. The film does cover some sensitive issues and all the characters tackle them really well.
People are just out to criticise her, and i think thats harsh. This film is as cheesy as they get, but to be fair we have had many a girly night in watching and singing along.
Buy it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Good!, 17 Nov 2003
This review is from: Crossroads [DVD] [2002] (DVD)
Crossroads isn't exactly the best film. I'd say it's audience is aimed at teenage girls (me) around 13-17 year olds. It's Britney Spears movie debut and it isn't hard to tell but despite this it's still a good movie. It's perfect to watch with a few friends or something.
The only thing wrong with this is the name, I don't think it should be called Crossroads, I think The Britney Movie would have been more fitting as the movie is basically set around her!
But hey you might as well have a watch!

4.0 out of 5 stars good, 27 Jan 2014
This review is from: Crossroads [DVD] [2002] (DVD)
i bought this dvd as a gift so haven't watched it myself but i do hear it is good.. .

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant film!, 11 Oct 2013
This review is from: Crossroads [DVD] [2002] (DVD)
I loved this film as a teenager and wanted to see if it was as good as I remember, it was. Its a lovely coming of age film with singing throughout and a strong storyline.

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible, 11 Aug 2013
This review is from: Crossroads [DVD] [2002] (DVD)
I absolutely love this film, the 90's put into just over an hour! fantastic condition, very pleased with this purchase!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xa3440930)

Crossroads [DVD] [2002]
Crossroads [DVD] [2002] by Tamra Davis (DVD - 2003)
6.87