5.0 out of 5 stars Great game for adults and kids
We play this game with our 6 & 9 year old children. They need a lot of hints and we give them multiple choice answers. There are 200 flags, so you can play a short or long game. We were surprise how fast the children learn and they have fun at the same time! A good game for adults as well, believe me, it is not easy but great fun !
Published on 5 Jan 2009 by Joe

2.0 out of 5 stars Difficult
Not age appropriate It was far to difficult and not suitable for age 8, the adults found it very hard.
Published 7 months ago by M.Carmel Heys

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game for adults and kids, 5 Jan 2009

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent game, 4 Mar 2009
This review is from: Flags Of The World Educational Game (Toy)
I bought this for my 7yr-old who was showing some interest in flags. He loves it and so do we! He has already magically memorized ALL the flags and beats me and his dad regularly! Brilliant game and fantastic value for money + it has taught us grown-ups a few things too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Teaching English - adults and children, 15 May 2010
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Flags Of The World Educational Game (Toy)
Wonderful for the classroom...

Each card represents one of 194 countries.

The Nation's flag is on one side of the card and the other side shows its capital city in a nice text box, on a map of the country within its continent. Underneath are 2 facts... mostly A1 to B1 English, but I find them challenging enough also for B+ students due to difficult spelling and pronunciation like 'mountainous' and relative clauses:
A few cards say things like: "Consists of nine low atolls among the South Sea Islands, which are in danger of disappearing should the water level rise".
Most cards say things like: "It is an agricultural country west of Russia"

Each card is colour coded according to the country's continent, which makes it easier to categorise the cards and therefore to sort and choose the ones you want for your lessons...

The product suggests 5 different games, which are all worthy, but it's the cards that provide inspiration for many other games, in my opinion, and which you can adapt to your own students and topics.
They are great as a visual resource when you are teaching Nations and Nationalities... (also saving expensive printing of coloured flags from free websites if you are a freelance tutor, for example)

The game comes with an A3 size map of the world and on the reverse of this are all the flags (The convenient A3 size means it can be photocopied quite well and used as a stand alone resource and especially for creating many other of your own 'made up' games to use within the EFL classroom).

I'm not sure how long the cards will last, as they are quite flimsy. Fine for a family I'm sure, but won't last a year in a busy language classroom... PLASTIFICATE as I'm sure this'll be a resource you'll use again and again.... (also thick cellotape does the trick!)

I also use them for .... 'Taboo', 'Guess the country', 'where have you been?' 'where would you like to go...'
The students like them and they like learning the geography, probably more than learning the English names!

Great for a quick game that you whip out of your bag at the end of a lesson (or when you've got a nasty cold, and can't prepare much) .... but also as a resource to use in your complete lesson plan...

Highly recommend!

4.0 out of 5 stars LEARN YOUR WORLD FLAGS HERE, 20 July 2010
= Durability:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Flags Of The World Educational Game (Toy)
200 Odd Flags -who`d have thought there were so many. Have not played the game yet as I bought them for my 5 year old to learn a few of the main ones -blow me 2 weeks latter he knows over 100 of them. We are now tackling the Uzbekistanis and Turkmenistans plus the hundreds of caribbean islands. He really enjoys learning them and for that reason I would invest in it.
Also I can now show off at work that I know just about any flag anyone can think of.

5.0 out of 5 stars Maps galore, 17 Aug 2010
This review is from: Flags Of The World Educational Game (Toy)
This game is brilliant fun for those who enjoy or want to know more geography and about the world. Probably only fun for adults or those over about 15 years as even the so-called 'easy flags' can be difficult but it presents a challenge for those wanting to learn and do some revision!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good game, 8 July 2010
This review is from: Flags Of The World Educational Game (Toy)
This was intially brought as a joke but we have played this game with many frineds and I have brought multiple copies. It teaches you a lot and is very interesting without being boring.

4.0 out of 5 stars great if you love flags, 24 Aug 2009
This review is from: Flags Of The World Educational Game (Toy)
I bought this as a birthday present for someone who loves flags. He loved it. I'd say it was more educational than fun unless you actually think flags are fun anyway, but its still great!

5.0 out of 5 stars A fun way to learn, 11 Mar 2012
This review is from: Flags Of The World Educational Game (Toy)
This is a great game to help both children and adults learn the flags of the world! My son knows far more flags than I do but there were still many in there that he had never seen before. There are several games that you can play with the cards and you could no doubt make more games up yourself. The cards themselves are nice and sturdy - a great little game!

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun and educational, 20 Jan 2012
This review is from: Flags Of The World Educational Game (Toy)
I gave this game to my flatmate for Christmas and we started playing it straight away. We're both geography students, so I thought it would be interesting to see how much we knew. I've always thought of myself as being quite good at recognising flags, but upon playing the game discovered how wrong I was! Lots of them are very similar, and you have to have a good knowledge of countries of the world in order to even make a guess. It's pretty difficult, but really interesting and I've already learnt a lot. I liked it so much that I bought one for my brother as well. Suitable for all ages - fun and educational.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good educational game for the older child, 28 Jun 2011
= Durability:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Flags Of The World Educational Game (Toy)
I bought this for my 7 year old son as he knows all the world cup flags and I though he would enjoy this. He does love it, but he is really too young to understand the rules properly (and I think I must be too old to understand them!). There are lots and lots of cards,which he loves but does tend to scatter all over the floor. I think for a 9-13 year old this would be great - gives the capital of each country and where it is in the world, but could do with a bit more info I think .I am going to hide it away for a couple of years, and try again.

Flags Of The World Educational Game