Format: DVD|Change

on 27 November 2002
This episode is OK but not great. It was the first shown after a break of five years and saw the Trotter's loose the fortune they had got from selling an antique marine time keeping pocket watch in the last of the 1996 trilogy (time on our hands). I know that many die hard fans felt that this should never have been filmed, and I was among them at the time - although my view has changed a little since.
In this Xmas special of the actors seem a little out of touch with their characters after the long break. David Jason as always is fantastic and the story line is amusing if not a little weak. There are two more episodes to be screened this Christmas and I hope they are an improvement on If They Could See Us Now.
Having said all that, Only Fools and Horses is at best sheer brilliance, and at worst very entertaining. I would certainly recommend this to anyone who has watched and enjoyed previous series or Xmas OFAH's specials.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 17 December 2014
Like several of the later 'Only Fools and Horses', this episode isn't up there with the best of them. Whilst, in my opinion, the show's heyday was in the 1980s, with a writer like the late, great John Sullivan, and actors as good as David Jason and Nicholas Lyndhurst, any episode of 'Only Fools' is miles better than you're average sitcom.

'If They Could See Us Now' was broadcast originally on Christmas Day in 2001, and charts our heroes fall from millionaires to paupers after a series of bad investments. 'Only Fools' has a history of adding sensitive pathos to the humour, and none as much so as Uncle Albert's final curtain. The ending of this special raised a big laugh from me, purely because it was just so very typical of the Trotters, Del especially, that they should not realise that they have messed up their chance of the big time yet again, just as we the audience like it.

In short, lots of laughs as usual, and one that can be enjoyed by the entire family.
on 12 February 2010
When I initially heard about the there being another 3 episodes of Only Fools and Horses I must admit I was quite excited. After I had finished watching this I must admit I was in different, while this was not brilliant it was still very good and I think that is where the problem lies. I was expecting the same quality as the last 3 episodes and in all honesty that was simply not there, there were moment of pure genius (Rodney dressed as a Gladiator) but then some very average moments. I would say my biggest criticism was Damian who I felt they could have done so much more with instead of the little rat hoody boy that he was. However like a previous reviewer said Only Fools and Horses is at best sheer brilliance, and at worst very entertaining
on 2 December 2013
Completely forgot I needed this last DVD to complete the set... I now have the complete set!!! What a plonker!!
on 27 January 2010
Part of me really still wishes that they'd left them alone but given that they didn't, it's a good effort all round and a very enjoyable episode of OFAH.
on 27 August 2015
A follow on from their millionaires lifestyle and filled with laughs as the Trotters persue other ways of making a fortune. Maybe this time next year!
on 3 December 2013
I orderd this as i got the box set but found out some one most of taken this one as its not in they any more so got complet serers now lovely jubly
on 3 April 2009
Brilliant as usual. Strongly recommend you buy the box set which contains the FULL series and the Christmas Specials - it's awsome!
on 8 January 2012
A great buy, have always loved Only Fools and Horses, great entertainment, never get tired of watching them, still makes me laugh.
on 27 February 2016
More laughs from the Peckham gang,they look a bit older and some faces are missing but at least the story goes on funny