5.0 out of 5 stars Probably one of the best world compilations out there
Published on 15 Jun. 2004

2.0 out of 5 stars World Muzak, more like
I was deeply disapointed in this compilation. I am still fairly new to world music, so I thought this might an ideal purchase for me. But no. Basically, this is world music for the utterly petrified. So I suppose it would be quite good as a very gentle introduction.
Published on 7 April 2003

5.0 out of 5 stars Probably one of the best world compilations out there, 15 Jun. 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Beginner's Guide to World Music (Audio CD)
Why waste loads of money, and loads of time, trying to build a half-way decent World-oriented CD collection (like I did), when you can buy this 3-cd collection for an absolute give-away price? Thoughtfully & intelligently compiled from some of the best labels' back catalogues. Not necessarily the most famous artists on here but that doesn't mean it isn't chock-a block with classy tracks. Get it. And get volume 2 while you're at it, it's even better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommend to all world music lovers, 25 Sept. 2014
Jan Obhlidal (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Beginner's Guide to World Music (Audio CD)
Nice and interesting selection from all over the world.

2.0 out of 5 stars World Muzak, more like, 7 April 2003
By A Customer

Beginner's Guide to World Music
Beginner's Guide to World Music by Various Artists (Audio CD - 2002)