on 25 January 2004
I've been listening to India Irie's music on Jazz FM for a few months now, but having just watched her, and her excellent band perform live on BBC4 I decided that I just had to buy the album.
The music is so beautifully interwoven and the lyrics so honest, India Irie deserves all the aclaim she receives.
From Brown Skin to Can I Walk With You to Little Things, these songs just make you feel greatful for what you've got and inspired to be all that you can be. Very few songs or artists can hope to have that effect on their listeners.
Keep on remembering the little things and the joy they bring...
on 22 January 2005
Theres nothing like the feeling you get when you come home from work and sit down to the silky vocals of india.arie. After buying her first album acoustic soul when it first came out i bought this one in anticipation of another great CD. I wasnt let down. While i dont believe this album is as good all round as her debut, there are a few tracks that are absolutely mind blowing. Namely "good man", "the truth" and my personal favourite "beautiful surprise" - such a simple song yet it is utter musical perfection. I garuntee that the hairs will stand up on the back of your neck when you listen to this song. Buy it and enjoy as quick as you can
on 5 October 2002
That amazing soulful singer/songwriter is back. Or should that be pure musical genius. Yes guys Miss Arie is back looking and sounding better than ever with 'voyage to india'. The follow up to her multi-platinum selling 7 x grammy nominated 'acoustic soul' album. But is this album as good as the first i hear you say? The answer is yes. Although this is along the same lines as 'acoustic soul' its more upbeat and her voice has grown a lot more as has her songwriting. She's a woman with many talents as she lends her hand at the production side aswell. there a many a great soul songs on here with a hint of rnb. stand out tracks have to be 'little things' and the amazing 'talk to her'. If this is anything to go by. The future is bright. The future is India Arie.
on 19 March 2007
I've been listening to this album, and having loved her debut album very-very much, I am still trying to give this album the benefit of the doubt. Eventho I'm still not as blown away (as I was with her first album) since the first play.

I would probably say that this album has a more commercial sound to it and not as deep and intense as her debut album. Just doesn't seem to posess the same character as her debut album, which was the thing that gave it the BADA-BING in the first place.

It sounds nice, but that is it really, nice.. like that guy you'd take home to your parents to impress them, but not that guy you'd take home with you to make hot and passionate love with.
on 25 August 2005
Few artists have managed to hit the ground running like India.Arie.
Her second album bursts with the self-assurance of someone who is great at what they do. This tremendous album will become a timeless classic.
If you've not heard her work, prepare to be delighted.
on 20 March 2006
Now after being captivated by Acoustic soul, I didn't think she would be able to do it again. I was prejudiced to think that this would be more of the same but oh no. Voyage is a maturer sound with more finesse but with more of the same truths and refreshing wisdom.
Her acoustic sound is still an intoxicating sound and her composition knows no limit!
My favourite track because it talks to me personally is she in the track (Slow Down)-->"I lost my cell phone again the other day....Sometimes you gotta be still before you can get ahead". She also sings beautifully about love in the song "truth".
The song I had some trouble with is "Complicated Melody", it just didn't fit with the others but I think thats because its really personal and if you are in that situation it can have real depth.
So there is a mixture of everything in here, spirituality wisdom, romance (Beautiful suprise), poetry. More than anything this album is healing. This album is not the same as her first it is different you will not be dissapointed if you loved her first album.----Rachel Hawadi
on 4 October 2002
I can say no more than that this album is truly the greatest piece of musical genius I have ever heard. Not only are the lyrics thought provoking , and the voice of India Arie special, but every melody and harmony fit together to create a masterpiece. I have enjoyed every song over and over again, finding new parts to love every time. Although the whole album is a stroke of genius, tracks that stick out to me are 'talk to her', 'get it together', and 'good man'. This album is special and deserves to be heard, whether you enjoyed acoustic soul or not, India Arie has proven that this was only an introduction to her talents. This album embodies everything touching and inspiring about music.
on 29 January 2004
When I first heard Acoustic Soul (India's first album) I can genuinely say I was blown away. For me, no album, including this one, will top her debut. That said, even a second rate album from this woman would be fantastic. India is on top form for the songs "Talk to Her", "Get it Together", "Good Man" (listen to the lyrics.. they will send a shiver down your spine) and "Interested" (the bonus track that I can listen to on repeat and never fail to feel uplifted by); however, lyrics are trite and melodies are boring and basic in songs such as (the ironcially named) "complicated melody". But buy it.. it should be in all soul-lovers CD collection. I sincerely hope this is not the last we shall see of India.. she has far too much talent to stop now.
on 5 December 2011
This is India's second album, I know this got mixed reviews at first, as some people said that it wasn't as earthy & organic as the first album, and was 'too polished'. I argee that it is more polished and in a way, its more commercial than her first offering, however this does not make the album bad, I think this is a stunning album and India has returned at a very high standard, even though it is a bit different to her original. If you loved her first album, don't be put off though, all the the songs here have depth as well as beautiful melodies, vocals & all the songs have the potential to be released.
on 28 October 2003
This woman is one of the most talented singer/song writer known to me. She does her own thing and is extremely successful at it.
I was quite nervous about this album as people tend to release one good album and then it's usually down hill from there. But India has managed to maintain her authenticity and still go beyond producing just a good album. It is absolutely brilliant.
Each song has its own exceptional message (all of which should be taken into account) and they sooth the mind after a weary day.
This is therefore a must have C.D. particularly if you just want to chill out!