on 25 November 2009
My son was brought this for his 5th birthday and loves it he attaches everything to the hook you can move the crane up and down and spin it around and he has spent hours playing with it. Very sturdy, good quality, nothing has broken after a year. Well worth the money and he now has the Log Zimber Truck too.
on 2 February 2010
We're very impressed with this toy- it looks great,is simple and well built. We thought it a bit expensive, but have changed our tune- it feels like it will outlast us! Will definitely buy the Bruder brand again. Our young builder loves it.
on 20 September 2010
My 6 year old loves playing with this crane (and I caught his dad and older sister having fun with it too!). The moveable and extendable parts are good. We don't often spend this much on a toy, but this one is worth it - especially if you have a younger child to pass it on to in due time.

Update - 18 months on and he's still playing with it. (2012)
on 7 January 2012
Bought this as a Christmas present for my 3 year old lad and i am very very happy with it. It is very well made, no flimsy plastic that breaks if you look at it. Crane arm extends quite a way which i thought my lad would find a way then to break when at its weakest, not a chance with this! Well worth the money i paid for it, highly recommended. I bought the extra light and sounds module with this, set of blue and orange lights with the truck horn, engine sounds and police siren. Looks a little wierd now my lad has the blue lights flashing and the police siren roaring as he pushes the crane about, but hey he is over the moon with it.
on 9 January 2012
My 3 yr old grandson has an ever growing fleet of Bruder toys and the crane is, so far, the favourite with loads of features and moving parts to keep him happy, I might have to buy another to keep at our house for when he visits (and for me to play with as well).
on 6 December 2010
Much better condition than expected, arrived the next day, my grandson aged 4 loves it, I have made buckets & chains for it which improves the play action, even his Lego has to be built using the crane.
on 1 June 2015
Ok I am actually quite surprised at the totally positive reviews for this toy. It is a good toy that my son likes but it has a few flaws. We also had an issue with the product that arrived. So firstly the main drivers unit of the lorry lifts up in a very realistic way to reveal the engine. It is a nice touch but when my son tries to push the crane along the floor it inevitably lifts up, which is frustrating for him. A more secure locking mechanism or something would be better. You can't push from the back due to the crane module which is obviously turns 360 degrees.

Second issue was that the support legs for the crane arrived broken. I really didn't want to send it back for such a small thing especially as my son was so happy with his reward for potty training but it was a bit annoying.

summary:

crane works great
looks great
difficult to push around
doors don't open
part broken on arrival

Nothing world endingly bad but I might have stretched to the more expensive Scania model if I knew what I knew now.
on 31 December 2010
Bought for my grandson for Christmas. He played with it from the moment he opened it and every day since. As he has only had it for 6 days I cannot comment properly on durability but it appears to be fairly robust.
on 5 January 2016
My three year old is delighted with this gift from Santa. It is also robust enough to withstand meddling from my 1 year old, and bigger than expected. Would be good if the doors opened, but other than that is a really good truck. hours of construction fun to be had.
on 25 November 2010
robust truck the support legs are the only weak point as they could be broken off when attached and the truck
moved across the floor otherwise a good truck.