5.0 out of 5 stars fiskars soft touch scissors
very nice to use,light but sturdy. I have very bad hands but these are easy to use and they don't hurt your hands at all. Very good buy. Thanks.
Published on 13 Feb 2010 by Mrs. Maureen Matthew

3.0 out of 5 stars ease of use
Published 23 months ago by coco

5.0 out of 5 stars fiskars soft touch scissors, 13 Feb 2010
This review is from: Fiskars 208801 Soft Touch Multi Purpose Scissors (DIY & Tools)

5.0 out of 5 stars Just brilliant!, 26 Oct 2010
I bought these as a present for a relative, as I have owned a pair myself for about 10 years. I stumbled upon them by accident, and decided to give them a go for cutting fabric only - as opposed to multi-purpose use.

Most dressmaking scissors have very long blades & big handles, & as my hands are not that big, I have always found them unwieldy to use. When I came across these, with the shorter blade, cushioned handles & gentle spring action I couldn't believe how much of a difference they made to cutting out swathes of bridal fabric, and also snipping into small areas with ease. The assistance of the spring action means that your hands do not tire anywhere near as quickly as they do with normal scissors.

I will NEVER use traditional dressmakers scissors ever again - these are just Brilliant!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Painfree cutting, 17 April 2011
Scotias Tippy "Too busy Crafting to stop and ... (St. Andrews, Scotland) - See all my reviews
I am a craft tutor, and have tried many different tools. These scissors are wonderful, as they don't go over your knuckles as normal scissors do, they allow pain free cutting if, like me, you suffer from swollen knuckles/arthritis etc. They are wonderfully sharp, and not to heavy either. I highly recommend these, for all types of craft work from paper to fabric.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant everyday scissors., 30 Mar 2012
Andy_atGC (London UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
I bought these about a year ago to replace some rather nasty and elderly scissors, one with a comfort grip and the other without, but both could cause pain on the fingers or thumb when trying to cut more difficult material, such as card and those plastic bubble packs that cannot be opened other than by removing the sealed edges. Both material will quickly blunt many a lesser pair. But I have used these repeatedly on just those materials without any serious effect upon the scissors' sharpness. I have needed to sharpen them just once in all that time, and then very recently after needing to open 6 or 7 bubble packs in quick succession and it failed to open the last two. A quick sharpen, 3 or 4 passes on the Fiskars' SCissor sharpener, and it was quite literally better than ever.

Although not as precise as the 'baby brother/sister' fine point version, these are an excellent tool and less expensive than other alternatives that will be far less comfortable or easy to use.

The half shears/half scissor handle approach may need a little time to become second nature to use, especially after many years' of using traditional scissors, but once you use them a few times it will become second nature. I honestly have not used any scissors as comfortable as the Fiskars.

Sharp as you will ever need, a good price and the comfort with some precision, I don't think that you could find any better.

Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good for poor hands, 19 Mar 2013
I have limited use of my hands and these scissors are the best for me to use for most things. I previously bought a supposedly specially designed for disabled pair and cannot use them at all. Good for paper, material and in the kitchen. Had my first pair for several years and still good for cutting everything.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Scissors, 20 May 2013
The packaging from the supplier could have done with being a bit more robust, as the courier had bent several of the outer packages, but the product was perfect. Very happy with my purchase!

5.0 out of 5 stars Soft touch scissors, 6 April 2013
These scissors are just fantastic, these are my second pair - just wouldn't have anything else!! First class service, same day delivery and really excellent price, what more could one ask for!! Truly the BEST thank you for a fabulous product, hopefully I'll be back again!! AAAAAA

3.0 out of 5 stars ease of use, 5 Oct 2012
These sissors looked good and do help me to cut the cat food pouches open very well as I have a problem with my right hand. I am unable to use normal sissors so these have the spring to keep them open and all I need to do is squeeze them together to make the cutting action. However they are a bit big for me and I couldn't tell they were too big until I got them. They do exactly what they are meant to do and on the whole I am pleased with them. I still need a smaller pair. They are not too heavy even though the blades are very long.
I thought they may have been going rusty at the spring point but I perhaps needed to clean them a bit better !

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy on Hands, 28 Oct 2011
Ordered this sometime ago. When I first got it I thought absolutely fantastic, but it is not very good with thick woollen fabric. Ideal for light cotton materials, just glides along. If you suffer from arthritis then this will be a good one to get. Easy on the hands. Don't know if they do one for thicker fabrics. Reliable make would be nice to get one pair that does all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great item for sewing purposes if you have arthritic hands or limited finger dexterity, 5 July 2014
I have enlarged joints on my thumbs and conventional dressmaking scissors now cause me a lot of pain, compounded by difficulty in squeezing the blades shut owing to arthritis. These sprung shears are an absolute godsend and a joy to use as the blades open and close without expending any effort, and there is no hard scissor handle pressing down on the thumb joint. Even my husband is impressed by the design, quite a compliment! Ideal for cutting out fabric, but you could keep them for any craft type purpose. I have now ordered the fine snips from the same range to replace my smaller sewing scissors too.