5.0 out of 5 stars Fellowes Powershred Performance Oil
My current shredder (Fellowes) came with a recommendation that it is oiled each time the bin is emptied, which meant I was getting through a lot of the shredder oil sachets to keep performance at the optimum level. My shredder came with a small bottle of this oil, which seems to work well, so I purchased this larger bottle for longer term use.

The top of the...
Published on 7 April 2010 by S. Thomas

1.0 out of 5 stars It's not a special oil!
Did you know that this oil is simply canola oil otherwise known as rapeseed oil?

Fellowes data sheet for their 'special' shredder oil.

[...]

You can buy a 500ml bottle of pure organic rapeseed oil from Tesco for a mere 2.

HTH.
Published 10 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Fellowes Powershred Performance Oil, 7 April 2010
S. Thomas - See all my reviews
(No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)

The top of the bottle needs to be cut open. Fortunately I learnt from the experience of opening the small bottle that you need to remove just the tip of the nozzle with scissors and, if you do that, the red cap snaps reassuringly back into place (if you cut lower, the cap does not fit back on very well). I am happy enough with the seal provided by the red cap to store the bottle on its side.

My shredder is still as quiet as the day I bought it and continues to cope with the paper generated by a home office (it is probably emptied just over once a week on average, but can sometimes be required to work extra hard). This oil has certainly ensured that the shredder remains clog-free and this bottle size means you do not have to compromise on the amount of oil used as it lasts a long time. Other oils may work just as well but I do not want to jeopardise the longevity of my shredder by trying out anything other than an oil designed for this purpose specifically.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lube it up baby., 7 Sep 2009
Tan y ddraig (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Fellowes Shredder Oil 355ml (Office Product)
No doubt you have neglected your poor shredder and are beginning to wonder why it makes so much more noise than it used to, not to mention clog up with paper dust and gunk? Well like any well used machine it needs lubricating!

Lots of people have written about using vegetable oil on the mechanism which is fine if its used daily and burnt off, but if you shred once every week or two you will find the oil quickly goes off and the smell of rancid vegetable oil will never be removed from your trusty machine. The Fellowes oil is apparently highly refined and has preservatives in it to stop it causing the latter problem. So far it's been fine although the bottle could do with a screwtop nozzle to seal it and reduce messy spillages.

You literally only need to use about 5-10ml for each lube so a 350ml bottle should last you the best part of a year or more and keep your mechanical chopper well oiled and in tip top condition.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Stuff, 3 Nov 2010
Mr. K. Duffy (Hampshire UK) - See all my reviews
Why oh why is this stuff not marketed better? I found out about it when I was ordering a new shredder (it came up in the product search), my old one was a cheapie and really struggling, it was getting out of puff with two sheets at a time. I ordered both the shredder and the oil. When the oil arrived I thought I would try it on my old shredder. A few drops in the slot has given it a completely new lease of life. My new shredder, while perfectly fine (and a fairly expensive one) is still in the box. So..... the moral of this story: try some of this stuff if you think your shredder is on its last legs. From what I know now, shredders' should be oiled regularly in any case, so if this doesn't sort your old shredder out, you've lost nothing, you'll need the oil for the new shredder. If you were planning on going for a decent one, like me; who knows, you could save yourself 50 quid

1.0 out of 5 stars It's not a special oil!, 20 Oct 2013
This review is from: Fellowes Shredder Oil 355ml (Office Product)

Fellowes data sheet for their 'special' shredder oil.

[...]

HTH.

5.0 out of 5 stars Marvellous., 24 July 2012
E. Austin "Esti" (Manchester, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fellowes Shredder Oil 355ml (Office Product)
I'm really glad to have purchased this Shredder Oil. My poor shredder was in such need of rescue after never having been oiled (for YEARS!!) and the Fellowes Shredder Oil, used in tandem with lubricating sheets Aurora SP1000 Shredder Lubrication and Sharpening Sheets (Pack of 12) has done the trick. I notice that other buyers of the oil seem to have had problems because they cut off too much of the end of the nozzle. I find that using a large sewing or darning needle to make a hole in the nozzle end is very effective, aiding to distribute the oil without messiness. Very helpful tip too (from someone else) to drizzle it on a sheet of paper to be shredded. You have to use your own judgement as to how much oil to apply. But the sound of your shredder running smoothly and much more quietly will guide you.

4.0 out of 5 stars Oiled up to the nines, 24 Jun 2011
This review is from: Fellowes Shredder Oil 355ml (Office Product)
Prior to purchasing this Fellowes shredder oil I had been using Extra virgin olive oil to lubricate my shredder. This worked surprisingly well but made my house smell like Antonio Carluccio (he washes in it) so I was looking for a product to take it's place. That's what i have found with Fellowes shredder oil. It will breath new life into your shredder. In fact it is so effective and exciting to watch that I have become obsessed with "shredding". I will find any excuse now to go into my study and do some "shredding" and this has resulted in my marriage collapsing. So in summary, great product, but be wary of the impact it may have on your life.

5.0 out of 5 stars shredder oil, 19 Sep 2010
This review is from: Fellowes Shredder Oil 355ml (Office Product)
Shredder jammed, after managing to remove paper bits, used this oil by putting zigzag pattern on sheet of paper and passing through shredder. Now running quieter than when new! Make sure you only create a small hole in top as oil flows very easily. Enough in bottle to last a lifetime for us.

4.0 out of 5 stars Shredder oil, 4 April 2009
Mr. K. Garner (Sheffield, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fellowes Shredder Oil 355ml (Office Product)
Seems fine. Effectiveness will be more evident in a few years.
Post and packing cost rather high compared to product value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Value, 1 Jun 2009
P. Pankhania - See all my reviews
Excellent value shredder oil. Just squirt an 'S' shaped line onto a piece of scrap paper and pass through the shredder each time you empty it. Works well and hasn't jammed.....yet!

5.0 out of 5 stars works brilliantly, 19 Jan 2010
S. Shah - See all my reviews
works brilliantly, no smell- use it every time we empty the shredder, would recommend to use all the time

Fellowes Shredder Oil 355ml