5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best raw bands I've heard in a while

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing
Published on 30 Sep 2002 by Jammy_Banton

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best raw bands I've heard in a while, 19 May 2003
D. O'Reilly "Dave Oh" (Gatwick, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Basic Instructions EP (Audio CD)
Yeah, the first listening to this little EP made me rock my socks off! After the first song "Bring it to me" it goes into the excellent remix of "May B 1 day" giving a raw electropunk stylee thats going to please. The tightly sounding "Don't they know" gives a simple "punk kick up the arse" when you pump it through the stereo and also the madness that is "Panic" just makes you want to jump in the air and go crazy.
Genius.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 30 Sep 2002
This review is from: Basic Instructions EP (Audio CD)
Following the adrenaline rush of 'Chat and Business' I had high hopes for this EP. In short, I was severely disappointed. 'Bring it to me' starts promisingly enough, however it is followed straight after by a poor remix of 'May b 1 day', one of my favorite tracks from the debut album. 'Don't they know' is just grating and not of the usual Ikara Colt standard. 'Panic' resucues the EP and prevents it from being total c**p. The last track is exactly the same as the album version of 'May b 1 day'. I just hope this is not a sign of Ikara Colt's future especially after the brillance of 'Chat and business', which has hardly been out of my stereo for the past 3 months.

Basic Instructions EP
Basic Instructions EP by Ikara Colt (Audio CD - 2002)