Format: Audio CD|Change

on 11 October 2002
I've listened to this album, like, a dozen times already and I still love it. My friend has it so I decided to give it a try and boy was I in for a big surprise! It contained most of their well-known greatest from the yesteryears to today. Hits like "You're My Inspiration", "You Come To My Senses" and "Hard Habit To Break" really struck a nerve to me. They were my long time favourites since the 80's. Also, contained in the CD is edited versions of "Hard To Say I'm Sorry" and "Will Still Love Me?". These edited versions were previously available on radio and CD singles only. This is what I would consider a nice repackage album. Digitally Rematered for optimal sound quality to boot. I really love this particular album. Chicago fans, this is one hell-of-a-CD not to be missed! Two thumbs up!
on 6 December 2006
The Chicago Story: the complete Greatest Hits offers the finest selection of music by the band. Chicago reached stardom in the mid 70's throughout the 80's, with a host of hits such as If you leave me now, You're the inspiration, Will you still love me, Hard habit to break and many more. I really enjoyed listening to the album and is one of my favourites, as it is a fine blend of music from the 70's and 80's. The music is a combination of jazz, rock and pop.

I would strongly recommend this album if you are fan of quality music from the 70's and 80's. This is really a great album you can listen time and time again. Their is an element I admire most about the music which are its soothing tonne and upbeat feeling to it.
on 16 April 2006
the 3 star rating of this cd is bewildering. I sincerely hope at your time of reading it has gone up as this cd is one of the very best discs I have ever bought in my entire life and to see it with three stars makes me quiver. Do you know I have bought this cd locally 7 times in 2 months and I want more copies. That is how good it is. I have been driven to giving it to so many people because of the joy it has brought to my life. I began on old chicago records, and while I accept people saying it is missing a lot of old stuff considering it is an alledged 'complete hits story' it does not take from the fact it absolutely rules and contains a very large amount of well mastered superb recordings.
The very old chicago stuff does'nt hold up on cd possibly. You need to get that on vinyl to experience it properly. Even the old 70's songs (in particular 'baby what a big surprise') included here are utterly different sounding to the cbs master tapes which you can hear of reproduced through vinyl. They are absolutely excellent here, but very 'worked on' through digital mastering. It seems chicago included what held up. What they have included of old is top sounding that's for sure, and, among the many reasons, I love this cd cause as a person who has beef with cd (usually) when it comes to dated music, I was spoilt and loved here by some fine cd mastering. This cd is worth at least 5 other cd's and alone that can be a measure of what a stunning band chicago are. Cannot recommend enough. The track left off here from 80's chicago that you NEED is Prima donna. Wow. Chicago are one killer band. Much respect and much diss to the folks who have seen a cd of this standard sit around with three stars. An utter disgrace. I could write 50 pages (and have). You are looking at, overall, one of the most under-rated bands (in every sector) you will ever be lucky enough to experience. Yes, chicago hardly went unnoticed in years gone by, but they are still the quintessential under-rated rock band.
VINE VOICEon 28 January 2004
I have known of Chicago for a while but i only knew three songs from them, if you leave me now, hard habit to break, and hard to say i'm sorry. Those three songs i loved before i even heard this album. But seeing a friend of mine in essex changed that. she had this album and she played it for the four days i was visiting her. That's when i heard for the first time, you're the inspiration, i dont want to live without your love and you come to my senses (which i wasn't that fussed about but now i love it.) when i returned home the next morning i woke up and i found myself singing those songs over and over again. I couldn't stop myself. Those songs were playing in my mind and i couldnt get them out. Eventually i wanted to hear them again so i bought the album then you know what i haven't been able to stop playing it. I think i am now a fan of chicago. They are brilliant and i can't wait for the dvd.
on 17 February 2013
loved every track on this cd, invoked so many memories for me, i was so pleased to find it on amazon, as i bought one copy in a charity shop recently, only to find that when i played it at home, it was a bad copy, and several tracks would not download onto my ipod, so i bought the pucka copy from amazon, played it in the car recently on a long journey, really enjoyed it, well done amazon
on 20 July 2014
Not what I was expecting. Chicago have produced a great variation of music over the years and this CD does not represent that.
on 6 February 2010
This disc set of 2 is the best set to buy, to get all the tracks you will remember from your past. I wanted one set rather than lots of discs this is the set. What more can I say.
on 13 December 2014
This the collection. Contains all their songs and others not in the mainstream. Chicago are definitely one of those bands that have survived the test of time.
on 18 January 2011
I ordered this cd quite late and payed extra to make sure it was delivered before xmas.(it was just fri xmas eve,lucky me)Happy with the product and service.
on 19 July 2015
Cd was delivered in less than 24 hours from ordering. Arrived in perfect condition and blaring from cd player as I type this. Thank you