Price:£39.95+ Free shipping

on 20 October 2009
This filter is good, well built and it does its job. There are better filters out there but you cannot complain about the price.

Pros:
1) Cheap.
2) Well built.

Cons:
1) Not the thinnest of filters.

I purchased this filter to fit on my 10-20mm Sigma wide angle lens, but have found that although there is no vignetting on its own, if I try to use this on top of a UV filter then there is vignetting and I have to take the UV filter off (not convenient at all). It must be said that this is not the filters fault; it is my purchasing rationale that was at fault here.

I have not experienced any real problems with his filter but would advise purchasing a thinner filter for wide angle lenses in the long run it's worth the extra cash.
66 comments|6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 December 2010
Bought this a while ago and it's done many photos in many overseas locations. Pretty solid mostly, but one day the clip to keep it in place spring out and it fell apart. This was when I was unscrewing it and it was on a bit tight so the sideways pressure obviously popped it out.

I did manage to put it back together though and luckily I didn't scratch anything. Now I am a bit more gentle with it and it's fine.

So overall a good price, and if your gentle with your stuff it'll be just fine, but pros stay away.
on 23 May 2010
Broke two, by lightly just twisting the filter around, Going to another make next time.
on 10 November 2012
Bought this for my Sigma 10-20 to go on my Nikon D5100. As you'd expect, there's no problem with fitting and operation is standard - twist and shoot. I have no reason not to give five stars other than the yellow cast I get over some lighter objects. I'll happily give the filter five stars if this is my fault for not using it correctly, but as it stands at the moment I'd rate the filter as being 'okay'.
on 12 April 2010
I bought this item, and was originally very pleased with the product. When I actually took it out for use, the polariser glass separated from the ring holding it to the lens, making it unusable. One day is all it took. Shoddy build quality, contacting buyer for a refund.

Avoid at all costs. I see I am the second person to suffer this problem.
on 14 October 2012
I bought this lens to go on the front of a Sigma wide-angle zoom. I wanted a screw-on circular polariser so that I could still attach the lens hood. Filters that slide into slotted holders don't allow this. It works a treat and I'm delighted. It works well to remove glare, saturate colours and 'blue-up' the sky. I recommend it, and why pay more!
on 30 July 2014
Hoya is a good make of optical glass and I have already bought other Hoya filters. It works as well as you might expect although, depending on the angle of shot in relation to the sun, sometimes the polarising effect is a little trickier to get right. That's experience rather than the lens though.
on 15 June 2013
Not the most expensive polariser out there but does a good job on the front of my Sigma 10-20mm lens. I haven't yet taken many shots at the 10mm end but so far no noticeable problem with vignetting.
on 25 April 2013
The screw on for the lense is tricky but it eventually goes on. Their is no change in the view when turning the filter, seems more of a solid rather than circular.
on 21 May 2010
I have two of these filters, both supplied by Camera King, both work perfectly. Excellent valueHoya 77mm Circular Polarising Filter

See one answered question