5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!
I have been photographing landscape for the past 4 years and most of my shots include water bodies (lakes, rivers etc.) and sky in them. I use polarising filters in almost 50% of my shots as it makes those clouds stand out in high contrast like cotton puffs and eliminates those unwanted irregular reflections from the surface of water.
I've tried several polarising...
Published on 18 Sept. 2002

2.0 out of 5 stars Very little polarising effect
Bought this for only a little less than another one (Hoya 72mm DMC PRO1 Digital Circular Polarizer Glass Filter [Camera], which I also bought). Results were chalk-and-cheese: the other one has a pronounced polarising effect. whereas this one hardly changed anything.

Have returned this one and kept the other one.
Published on 19 Feb. 2012 by keribillen

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 18 Sept. 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Hoya 72mm Circular Polarizing Filter (Accessory)
I've tried several polarising filters and found Hoya to be the best. It beautiful crystal clear images with excellent colour saturation. Best of all it's so slim that you can use it with a wide 24mm lens without any shadowy edges appearing in your print.
Best quality. Recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hoya circular polarizer filter, 9 July 2009
Nanojan "Jan" (South Yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hoya 72mm Circular Polarizing Filter (Accessory)
This is a must if you want those brilliant blue skies. I always carry this with me. It fits on top of my UV filter easily and you can still attach the lense hood too. Quite a sturdy lense, but do not tighten up too much as difficult to remove, I did this with my first one!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good for most photographers, 1 Feb. 2009
This review is from: Hoya 72mm Circular Polarizing Filter (Accessory)
This is a great filter. I bought it for use with a Nikkor 18-200mm lens, and was very pleased with the results - Hoya does excellent filters made from optical-grade glass, with coatings to ensure that light is not reflected by the filter.

That said, buyers thinking of purchasing this filter might want to consider getting a larger filter with an adaptor ring instead. The Hoya filter isn't the thinnest of filters, and if you stack filters like I do, this might cause shadows to appear at the corners of your images when shooting using the wide end of the lens range.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best, 1 Mar. 2008
Philip (Redbourn, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hoya 72mm Circular Polarizing Filter (Accessory)
I bought this for my canon 28-135mm Zoom lens and have been superbly impressed by the filter. Just brings out the colour and especially clouds on landscapes superbly. Hoya as ever have a great filter here.

2.0 out of 5 stars Very little polarising effect, 19 Feb. 2012
keribillen (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Hoya 72mm Circular Polarizing Filter (Accessory)

Have returned this one and kept the other one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 6 Oct. 2011
David P (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Hoya 72mm Circular Polarizing Filter (Accessory)
Another excellent Hoya filter in our growing collection. If you have never tried a polarising filter, don't be put off by the cost, do it now. The effect, particularly on sunny landscapes, is stunning. Now you too can take pictures like you see in magazines.

This is a quality item, it has a lovely smooth dampened action to the rotation.

The only slight drawback I have found on our Canon 15-85 lens is that at wide angle, even though this will happily mount on top of the UV filter (Hoya HMC of course) that we have fitted to protect the lens, it does produce some severe vignetting due to the combined depth of the rings - so you have to fiddle about taking the UV off before putting this on. But that is just a characteristic of the lens, not a fault of the filter. I think you might find slimmer ones, but at a much higher price than even this one.

You can find CPL filters for about a third of the price of this if you hunt around, but what is the point? If you've paid hundreds of pounds for a decent camera and hundreds more for lenses, why stint on something so key to the results it can produce? You wouldn't fit remoulds on your Ferrari!

Fine for us, very pleased with it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Hoya circular polarising filter, 26 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Hoya 72mm Circular Polarizing Filter (Accessory)
Having sold and used hoya filters for many years ,I find this filter well up to the usual good Hoya standard.

5.0 out of 5 stars 72mm Polarizing Filter, 17 Nov. 2009
G. C. Bland "Geoff Bland" (Cheltenham, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hoya 72mm Circular Polarizing Filter (Accessory)
An excellent piece of kit - improves images extremely well and is particularly effective on those which include areas of sky. I would not be without it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Why would you be without one ?., 15 July 2011
Mr. A. J. Walker (Edinburgh UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hoya 72mm Circular Polarizing Filter (Accessory)
This is an essential item for any self respecting photographer, along with a skylight filter or UV filter.
Its a Hoya, Its a Polarizing filter, why would you be without one, Get it and hope for clear blue skys.

5.0 out of 5 stars Polarising filter, 30 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Hoya 72mm Circular Polarizing Filter (Accessory)
The name says it all, a quality product, giving great results, very easy to use, and the difference, is really something else. In use from day of purchase. Great service very prompt delivery, thank you.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›