5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Pop Electronica � you need this in your life
Published on 8 Feb 2003 by Chairman Paulo

1.0 out of 5 stars One word- BLAND
After reading a review of this album in Q magazine I was interested enough to buy it without hearing it. Mistake! If this is supposed to be a good example of modern post-beats electronica then Lord help us.
Published on 21 Oct 2002 by M Mills

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Pop Electronica � you need this in your life, 8 Feb 2003
This review is from: Zoomer (Audio CD)
This is an inspired mixture of glitches, guitars, meaty beats and haunting vocals. All adding up to perfect pop music for the 21st Century. The album starts off strongly with a very confident, if angry, Reality Check and standards never fall. Real pop songs with real melodies and clever, knowing lyrics abound, but my favourite track is probably the mostly instrumental DJ Guy, containing the most gorgeous bleepy melody ever. Beware people claiming this is el*tr*cl*sh, it is way too good for that.

4.0 out of 5 stars More Bleep for your pound (or euro)., 21 Sep 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Zoomer (Audio CD)
Having turned to electro dance music once again I found a review for this great CD in a local paper. Listening to it for the first (few) times I find that there are some wonderful tracks with enough blips and beeps to keep a thechnophile happy. But there are also some great tunes/songs - frogtoise sounds a bit like Prefab Sprout. Just what I needed to get me going on Saturday morning!

1.0 out of 5 stars One word- BLAND, 21 Oct 2002
M Mills "marv" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Zoomer (Audio CD)
So which direction am I coming from? Well I am a devotee of retro-electronica but interested enough in the genre to follow the evolution of the style through the late-90's acid-fuelled techno-crisis, past the late-90's beats-driven hogwash and firmly into the early noughties return to retro which I welcome with open arms..
The Amazon review above is quite correct when it states that those looking for original or workmanlike beats will find nothing here to interest them- fair enough- but the electronics are frankly boring and derivative. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with being eclectic if the artist adds something- but this (these?) add nothing. Elements of the album are clearly influenced by Kraftwerk, among others, but retain nothing of the synth-meisters style, technical skill or (for their time) jaw-dropping originality. However I don't think Schneider TM set out to achieve that heady goal, so again, fair enough..
I'm sorry but this is just a poorly thrown together mish-mash of dull euro proto-synthpop with a nod in the direction of minimalistic beats. I was already sick of that heavily distorted drum machine snare by the end of the second track- little did I know it would feature heavily and prominantly on most of them. The "songs" are no better than nearly-average and the craftmanship is conspicuous by its absence..
Completely wasted my money- listened once, won't be listening again. Forget this and go to 'Kittenz and Thee Glitz' by Felix Da Housecat and listen to how this kind of thing *should* be done..

Zoomer
Zoomer by Schneider TM (Audio CD - 2002)
Click for more info