Format: Audio CD|Change
Price:£5.50+ £1.26 shipping

on 17 November 2005
I bought this album on vinyl in 1985 & have recently rebought it on CD as I cannot live without it. Punk it definately is, but it isn't angry, it isn't preachy, it isn't copied. It is original, pure burning energy played in more a garage style than the bands in the UK at that time. The lyrics are fun (like, "I'm in love with the girl the store down the road..!") and not about typical punk cliches.
It is one of the best American punk albums I've heard; I'd like to compare it but they are in a league of their own.
on 11 August 2012
Any album with 'If Only You Were Lonely' (a classic drinking song) plus about 30 post-punk/hardcore classics must be worth 5*s.

The 'Mats are my favourite band and this was the album I 1st heard, strangely- 'Don't Ask Wny' is a case in point, sounds a bit like the Pistols (on a really good day), well crafted, great guitars and lyrics. Same goes for opener 'Takin' A Ride' which just explodes from the stereo. Lots of these songs crop up in their sets through the years so theres no 'embarassing early material'-issues here.

These guys are the ultimate in self-deprecating genius (who wants to be famous when its all handed to you on a plate) and there's nothing finer than that, in my opinion
on 2 July 2012
Not the best record of the band, but this was the fresh sound of the post punk era in USA. Tim is my favorite record of the band, but I like most of their material.