Format: VHS Tape|Change
Price:£5.75+ £2.80 shipping

on 4 February 2013
Cannot put into words how much of a fantastic movie this is, brilliant acting from a stellar cast, has its sad bits but is most definately a feel good movie.
on 23 July 2003
I went to see this film with my friend and enjoyed it! The film funny, sad, romantic and had a good storyline and some great characters. But after leaving the cinema I couldn't work out what the point of the film was, there was no real plot and no real ending or showdown which left me disappointed. The whole film was actually a bit confusing and difficult to keep up with! I would, however recommend it for women who enjoy a cosy, tissues and tea night in.
VINE VOICEon 5 February 2008
Understanding one's parent is a difficult issue but one has to do it because it tells you much about yourself. I could sympatize very much with the basic story as I "discover" as well secrets about my parents which helped me to understand them better. But this is as well a movie about friendship, friendship which last a life time and friends who are there and act in the most difficult of times. But it is not a sad or too deep a movie. There is enough to lighten it up, but the message does not get lost. I enjoyed it very much!!

But I have to admit as much as I love Maggie Smith she is not right in the role of a Southern American. She is simply too British for this.

Otherwise an enjoyable movie.
on 10 April 2016
Very good film, although too sweet and sugary to my taste. I can relate to the issue of unhappy childhood. In real life this understandin is not always achieved, Nothing is said about the main character's sublings or sublings of her mother, from which I conclude that they do not stay in touch. The film is nice and sweet and easy to relate but it is a little bit like a cake in beautiful wrapping.
VINE VOICEon 20 August 2006
Having been completely hooked on the book of the same name, I expected the film to be just as good. Although the actresses provide great performances, it is not quite as special as the novel. The characters have been "flattened" for the screen, and the storyline has been mutilated.

However, as a chick flick it serves it's purpose as an enjoyable experience, and still has that essence of Ya-Ya about it.
on 23 July 2012
I thoroughly enjoyed this film. The adult Sandra Bullock felt only anger at the impact on her childhood of her mother's mental health but did reach an understanding of it by the end of the film. This was very carefully crafted with no superfluous sweetness and I could identify with the Sandra Bullock character. Can't say much more really!
on 18 September 2009
After falling in love with the book I thought the film would be a pleasant way to spend the evening...I was wrong. There are a host of fairly familiar characters, well they have the same name, but the plot has been butchered (often quite pointlessly) and the warmth, humour and depth of character cut. There is no character development (a key component of the book) and most of them are no longer that likable. As adaptations go this is one of the worst I have seen. Don't bother just read the book.
on 15 December 2013
Had looked around for ages in the shops for this DVD and then found it when looking through Amazon! It arrived promptly and was exactly as described! Great value for a really girly film!
on 1 March 2014
Great feel good movie in the 'steel magnolias' 'witches of Watson's genre. Some lines so funny they made me laugh out loud - Maggie Smith with her portable oxygen is hilarious.
on 18 June 2014
Great film - Purchased as I enjoy S Bullock, was not disappointed. It was very compelling storyline, watched with my daughters - give it a try