X

4.0 out of 5 stars A Good Album - Takes a few listens
After listening to the album about 10 times now, I think the Leps were wrong to go with the single Now. It's not as radio friendly as some others.
You've got to admit, the fan base want the overlayered harmonized hard rock that was introduced by 3 time producer (and 1 co-produced) Mutt Lange, but you've got to give the band credit for trying something different. It's...
Published on 13 Aug. 2002 by K. Miles

3.0 out of 5 stars Not good enough!
I've been a fan of the leppard for many years now and feel compelled to buy every album they release. I bought this one and I have to admit I was disappointed this is not the hard rock we have come to know and love, but it seems they have gone down the pop/rock route which I don't like. I saw the lepps on the "X" tour and only playing 2 tracks from the album on that tour...
Published on 17 Aug. 2006 by J. Dixon

5.0 out of 5 stars awsome, 13 Aug. 2013
This review is from: X (Audio CD)
give this 5 stars,delievery was fast and efficient,well worth the money i would recomend to anyone ,love it well chilled now i have this cd

4.0 out of 5 stars x, 24 Sept. 2013
This review is from: 'x' (Audio CD)
An album I'd been looking for a long time. Liked the songs although not as heavy as some of the earlier albums was still a good listen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Def Leppard Stuff, 29 Mar. 2014
J. Scobie (Edinburgh, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: X (Audio CD)
Fantastic album from Def Leppard. I am in the process of getting all of the band's albums to get a collection of great songs...

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 12 Jan. 2014
This review is from: X (Audio CD)
Love def leopard, needed to replace my collection so this was good price good quality and keeps me going in the car

2.0 out of 5 stars X, 22 Jun. 2013
This review is from: X (Audio CD)
Not as good as there older stuff. Bit too commercial for my liking. Sill some decnt tracks on it though.

4.0 out of 5 stars Please don't misunderstand me..., 17 Jun. 2009
Robert Thomas "Buléon" (Brittany, France) - See all my reviews
This review is from: X (Audio CD)
I like this CD, I really do. But is it the Def Leppard of old? I think not. Gone is the sex'n'drugs'n'rock'n'roll lifestyle. These are the days of 'have you seen the price of bread at Tesco?' Everything seems so ... comfortable. Like an old pair of slippers that your kids tease you about. The songs are well written, well crafted, well orchestrated, and well (perhaps over-) produced, but they all lack that certain 'bite' that we were so familiar with. The spine doesn't tingle any more. Ah! Where's the Sanatogen?

3.0 out of 5 stars Quite A Let Down From Def Leppard, 13 Nov. 2002
Matt (England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: X (Audio CD)
Being mostly into bands who have broken up or died (or a combination of both) it was quite a unique experience to be full of anticipation when waiting for the release of Def Leppard's tenth album.
I became a fan of the band in 2000 and quickly collected all their albums so this is the first album they have released since then and needless to say I was very excited about the prospect (especially after the stunning performance on Euphoria).
The day finally arrived and I was a little uncertain what to think really. The usual Leppard sound was completely absent from this album (apart from a very small cameo appearance in Four Letter Word, sadly it was gone for the chorus).
My best description of the album would be a collection of teen-chart songs (Britney Spears') performed by Def Leppard. Maybe it's because my expectations were too high after hearing that it would be a cross between Slang and Euphoria (my two favourite albums).
If you're a Def Leppard fan then give the album a chance because everyone has different tastes and the direction the band are going in may appeal more to you than it does to me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 2 Aug. 2014
Great Album

2.0 out of 5 stars Y, not X, 30 Nov. 2011
This review is from: 'x' (Audio CD)
'X' should have called this one 'Y'!

Couple good tracks. Not sure why Leppard added those horrible pop songs though.

3.0 out of 5 stars lower, 17 Jan. 2006
This review is from: X (Audio CD)
I have just made a "best of def leppard" selection at a friend's request, and I noticed that the number of tracks per album making the cut has been going down with time: almost all of Pyromania, then a bit less of Hysteria, ending with only one track from Euphoria (Promises) and one from this X album (Love don't lie). I am not much into ballads, and if you are like me this album will disappoint. The guys have lost most of the edge after all these years.

X
X by Def Leppard (Audio CD - 2002)