5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Album, 21 Jan 2004
This review is from: Mensch (Audio CD)
I first heard about this cd whilst staying with my best friend in Germany. I bought it following my friends advice and I'm so glad I did. This is a really soulful album with fantastic tunes, not disimilar to a German Chris Rea in some respects, just better! Please don't be concerned about the German language if you don't speak it, you'll still love the CD. The lyrics easily make it through the language barrier. My friend also told me the inspiration behind this CD, the singers wife and brother died of cancer in quick succession. This doesn't mean the CD is depressive, it's best described as deeply powerful! Buy it, you'll love it! Mas Gut.

5.0 out of 5 stars Grönemeyer ist sehr gut!, 27 Oct 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Mensch (Audio CD)
This has to be the best European album within the 21st century. Whether you are a German speaker or not I am positive that this diverse and tallented album will enhance any CD collection. Grönemeyer has captured every emotion and mood through each individual track and its own particular style. Mensch manages to create a very clever phenomenon in making you think that each track is your favourite. The German Language has never sounded so good, so please buy his album after all "Momentan ist richtig, Momentan ist gut, Nichts ist wirklich wichtig"

5.0 out of 5 stars Introducing a living legend..., 27 Jan 2004
Kristian Romaniewicz (West Yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mensch (Audio CD)
I first heard of Herbert when i went to stay with my girlfriend in Germany and despite having a basic 'grasp' of German, i couldn't help but be impressed. Herbert has been around for ages and apparantly was just as popular with my girlfriend's parents as he is now. One of those classic artists, the songs are good enough to trancend any language barrier. Top class.

5.0 out of 5 stars MENSCH - HERBERT GRONEMEYER, 23 Jan 2007
Keith Axford "Axe" (Hertfordshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mensch (2002) (Audio CD)
Like other reviewers, I was introduced to this artist by some German friends. At first, I was a bit dubious as their taste in music is very Euro, but this album is very very good. The quality of the songs and the playing are first rate and being sung in German is spot on. This is probably one of my most played albums, and I buy a lot of music. Gronemeyer is enormous in Germany and has been around for some time. This was a kind of comeback album following the death of his wife. Much of it was recorded in London and he is respected throughout the world by other musicians. Many of his albums can be bought with English lyrics although, I feel one should listen to the music in the original language and although my German is minimal, the language is no barrier to ones enjoyment. Interestingly, a favourite of mine, Andy Partridge of XTC, wrote many of the English lyrics used on other albums and one cannot get a higher seal of approval than that. So do yourselves a favour and buy this album, you will not be disappointed and then seek out Unplugged which is a prime of example of music stripped down to the bones being expertly played and sung.

Mensch
Mensch by Herbert Groenemeyer (Audio CD - 2006)