5.0 out of 5 stars Garagemental, 26 Sept. 2008
This review is from: Northwest Battle of the Bands Vol.3 (Audio CD)
Many of these bands can be found on Garage Hangover which has full length mp3s you can download as well as plenty of info.
What can be seen as America's answer to the British Invasion-at least in the North West-meant few of these acts had more than regional hits and only two-who also recorded for the same Jerden label-made it into the higher end of the Top 100-the Kingsmen and Paul Revere & the Raiders.
The Sonics never had anything resembling a hit and they were among the biggest guns!
As for the 100s of others who competed in the Battle of the Bands many were as good as the Kingsmen and Raiders-they just weren't as lucky

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best volume in the Northwest Battle of the Bands series, 13 April 2014
This review is from: Northwest Battle of the Bands Vol.3 (Audio CD)
I own volumes 1, 2 and 3 of the Northwest Battle of the Bands series and out of the three volumes, it is volume 3 which completely floored me! The songs in this volume, are just what an avid 60's Garage Rock fan like myself is looking for! Don't get me wrong! Volumes 1 and 2 are good but volume 3 is just killer (to me, there is a fine line between being good and being killer :))! There is not a single bad track on this album! What I love so much about this particular volume is the fact that it is such an awesome mixed bag of Garage Punk, Garage Pop and Moody Garage Rock gems! :)

Anyway, to put my immense love for this compilation into perspective, here are the tracks which really stood out (brace yourself for this is going to be a rather long list, since it is such an outstanding album) in no particular order:

Flash & Crash - Rocky & the Riddlers
The Page Boys - I'll Be There
The Sonics - Lost Love
Tymes Children - Beaver Patrol
The Bag - Incubatin' Middle of the Night Gyratin' Blues
The Brave New World - The Train Kept A Rollin'

So, if you are thinking of buying just one volume from the Northwest Battle of the Bands series, then go for volume 3! I promise you that you are definitely in for a treat! :)

Northwest Battle of the Bands Vol.3
Northwest Battle of the Bands Vol.3 by Various Artists (Audio CD - 2002)