4.0 out of 5 stars HELLO DOLLY!
Published on 13 July 2002 by FIELDY

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars
fast delivery but boring
Published 12 days ago by denise pickersgill

4.0 out of 5 stars HELLO DOLLY!, 13 July 2002
This review is from: She's Out [DVD] [1995] (DVD)
She's Out is the third and final part of Lynda La Plante's excellent 'Widows' trilogy and follows central character Dolly Rawlins (the always amazing Ann Mitchell) as she is released from prison having served eight years for the manslaughter of her husband. What police don't yet know is that Dolly has stashed stolen diamonds worth millions from a raid her husband carried out in 1984. Unfortunately, the diamonds have been stolen and sold, Dolly is left penniless and the police are on her back. Thrown to the wolves (or six ruthless women she was inside with) Dolly devises a surefire plan to secure her future and theirs, if they help. Dolly is going to rob the mail train. She's Out is gripping from start to finish, never letting up throughout it's six parts. Unfortunately, the series suffers from lack of continuity (Dolly never saw Shirley Miller shot, despite telling Esther so, and just where is Bella O'Reilly? She took the diamonds so surely she'd be back for a cut?) and the fact that none of the other leads can match Ann Mitchell for sheer talent, nor are any of them at all appealing in any sense. The mail train robbery is far-fetched at best, but leads to one of the best shock-endings of a tv series since the final part of Widows series two. Gripping, tense, enjoyable, let down slightly by huge plot-holes and some uncharismatic leads. Still recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars She's Out.. She's Kicking Ass!, 26 Jun. 2005
This review is from: She's Out [DVD] [1995] (DVD)
I would recommend this DVD to anyone who enjoys Lynda la Plante's work. I watched this when it was aired on TV 10 years ago and have been waiting for it's release since then. The book is also great. It's so good that I read it twice! Couldn't put it down once I had picked it up. The acting is excellent, especially Ann Mitchell, who plays the lead role as Dolly. I would recommend viewers to watch the Widows DVDs first and then this as the story of She's Out follows Widows. I can't recommend this DVD highly enough, especially at Amazon's great low price. Buy it now!

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth the wait?, 5 Aug. 2013
This review is from: She's Out [DVD] [1995] (DVD)
I was desperate to see this as I had just finished watching the `Widows' boxed set. I had a wait of a couple of weeks between series by the time I ordered `She's Out ', it arrived and I was able to see it. If I had watched it concurrently i.e. straight after the first 2 series I might have been more impressed but I felt it was a little disappointing overall. I had completely forgotten the ending - don't worry (no spoilers!). It is good to have the entire story. I have nothing but the highest praise and admiration for Ann Mitchell who has always been underrated whether on stage or screen. There are limited extras which again was disappointing especially the glaring omission of an interview with the lead actress - without her the `Widows' phenomenon, which was ground-breaking of its time, simply would not have worked or been remembered with such respect and affection. So, yes, I am gald to have been able to add this to my collection but would recommend watching all 3 series in rapid succesion for maiximum effect (if I'd done that my rating could well have been `I loved it' because I know I did when it was shown on TV orginially.

5.0 out of 5 stars entertaining, 30 May 2011
This review is from: She's Out [DVD] [1995] (DVD)
the follow on from widows. the story is very good it kept my interest all the way. the diamonds farce then the mail train holdup. well worth a viewing. good value for money . loved it.well worth a look. all the cast pulled their weight and the storyline is first class. i didnt like the ending though.cant say any more. so buy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 18 Aug. 2002
JJ (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: She's Out [DVD] [1995] (DVD)
I loved this when it was on television and I have waited for what seems a lifetime for it to be repeated and now finally I can buy it on DVD.
I am a big fan of Lynda La Plante's works and She's Out is a great follow on to the widows films/novels.
I recommend this to any fan of a good gritty drama and obviously to any fan of Lynda's.
Cant wait to buy the DVD.
10 ou of 10

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely splendid series, 9 Mar. 2011
Mr. D. J. Linnell "francophile" (Northampton, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: She's Out [DVD] [1995] (DVD)
I really liked this eries much more than Widows 2 which was not as good as the original. I throughly recommend you buy it as I really did not find it dated.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant 1990's Drama!!!, 26 Nov. 2012
This review is from: She's Out [DVD] [1995] (DVD)
After enjoying Widows Series 1, skipping through Series 2 very quicky, just got "Shes Out" sheer brilliance, acting, writing,
Ann Mitchell is fantasic (as always) and the characters are just like the girls in the first series of Widows, great. I love Gloia she's great and says as it is, and Connie is also wonderful. I wish Lynda La Plante could do more.....Well Done, buy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars An Amazing purchase, 2 Sept. 2011
This review is from: She's Out [DVD] [1995] (DVD)
Not seen this for 15 years. Just had to see it again. I was not disappointed. Anne mitchell is at her very best in this drama. It kept me on the edge of my seat from start to finish. Very convincing actors.Could not remember the ending but it was nothing less than spectacular.But as you would expect from the actors and writer. A brilliant purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars drama, 27 Sept. 2012
This review is from: She's Out [DVD] [1995] (DVD)
this was an ideal ending to an absorbing story. The central character is betrayed and yet loves her husband. Although she loves him she realises he has secrets.She is aware of his criminal past. This series is well worth watching.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 12 Feb. 2013
This review is from: She's Out [DVD] [1995] (DVD)
I brought the DVD release of "Widows" that was excellent viewing. Then to find this one that continues the story was great. This is a throughly enjoyable sequal and just as moody & threatening. The cast are brilliant.

She's Out [DVD] [1995]
She's Out [DVD] [1995] by Ann Mitchell (DVD - 2002)