Format: Audio CD|Change

on 17 September 2005
I first saw Spirit - Stallion of The Cimmaron, when it was released back in 2002. I brought the soundtrack weeks later, and i still listen to it now in 2005! its that good!
Bryan adams was the perfect selection to sing and contribute, i would definatly recommend his other works, if you liked him in this!
what i liek the MOST about Spirit soundtrack, is that you have some beautiful lyrics, and beautiful tunes. The music is very uplifting and relaxing, other tracks are heavy rock (Get off my back, you can't take me) which i think would be ideal for parties. The soundtrack also boasts very romantic music, with tracks such as Don't let go, nothing i've ever known. THe soundtrack also has a very sad song called Sound The Bugle, which WILL make you cry!
In other films that i have seen, i can always relate any character to any song from this soundtrack!
The songs have beautiful lyrics, and really brings out The West to the listener:
Under the starry skies - where eagles have flown
this place is paradise - its the place i call home.
I ALWAYS listen to this soundtrack at home, with lots of cups of tea, and would definatly reccomend it to ANYONE at ANY age!
on 8 December 2002
I received this CD as a gift before seeing the film and thought it was great - "You can't take me" and "Get off my back" especially - real rockers! After seeing the film I realised just how emotive the album is, each song I heard afterwards I remembered parts of the film associated with them.
For a while after seeing the film and listening to the CD I was making may journeys by train and listening to the faster 'chase'-style tracks going through fields and past trees was a truely wonderful feeling - I was actually enjoying my journey!
People who have not listened to much Bryan Adams' music before should listen to this. Those put off by the duet with Mel C will certainly be interested once again by his beautiful duet with Sarah McLachlan - possibly the best I've heard.
To understand the passion behind this CD - get the DVD!
on 28 May 2002
Very soundtracky but that's to be expected with it being a sondtrack and everything! I like to think that eventhough he's singing through the guise of an animated horse there is still the element of Bryan within the lyrics that gives the album a more personal, human touch.
'Don't let go'(with Sarah McLachlan) is very pretty and even my mum who has had to put up with my obsession with Bryan for over a decade, and is utterly sick and tired of the man, was actually quite complimentary about it!
on 17 May 2002
You can't go wrong with a Bryan Adams can you? When I bought this album the other week I didn't have a clue what to expect, but there was one thing I knew - If it had B.A. singing and writing most of the songs there's only one thing you can expect, quality.
Most songs don't really resemble anything that B.A. has released before, but that's a good thing, you don't want the same all of the time, you want an improved and matured side, which you get with this album.
The songs 'You can't take me' and 'Get Off My Back' are truly great rockers which would be stand-out tracks on any album of his, and songs such as 'Here I am' and 'I Will Always Return' rate as good as any balard he has sung or wrote.
Of course this is not just a B.A. album, Hanz Zimmer is a renouned and quality composer which is a sign of B.A.'s maturity within the industry if he is collaborating with someone of this callibre.
Being a soundtrack album makes no difference in this case, it should be treated as a B.A. album to any fan, simply it's a great album - very chilling without being too soft. It actually reminds me od Jon Bon Jovi's soundtrack album 'Blaze of Glory' for the film Young Guns 2, ok an animated film might not be the image of a rock star, but who cares as long as the music's good? I don't.
Great album - Can't wait for the next one!
on 14 May 2007
One of the first things that strikes you when you watch the film, apart from the inventive storyline, and the fact that all of the "animal speak" is done as voiceovers (which works brilliantly =0D) is the music behind the film. As a general rule, I am a soundtrack lover who thinks Bryan Adams is amazing, and therefore you'd be forgiven for thinking that I'm biased. However, I can honestly say that there isn't a single bad track on it. It isn't a get-up-and-go type album; about two-thirds of the songs on it are quite downbeat (in an uplifting way) such as "I Will Always Return", "Sound the Bugle" and "Nothing I've Ever Known", but it is certainly an album that has stuck with me ever since the first time I saw the film, four years ago. It has an extraordinarily high replayability value, and I know I will listen to it a good many more times before I'm through!

To conclude: A laid back, quality album. If you like Bryan Adams, chances are you'll like this
on 29 July 2002
I've never heard Bryan Adams before but when I went to see the film - Spirit, i just had to buy the soundtrack! I didn't even know who was singing the whole way through!
Some of the highlights on this album are Here I am, Get Off my back, and I will awlays return, However there is not a single bad song on the album - a real masterpiece!
on 10 June 2002
I brought the album simply because i'm a mad BA fan....once again i wasn't dissapointed. The lyrics and sound are both excellent, Adams and Zimmer make a great team and when they work together you will get nothing but a great performance. Ok, though the lyrics are a bit cliched, so are all pop and love lyrics, but Bryan's distinctive voice makes all his songs different as he has one of the most emotional and moving voices which fantastically emphasises the feelings of SPIRIT.
If your a BA fan then this album is a must, if you're a horse lover this album is a must, and if your a general music fan who loves their music to be sung with emotion then this is the album for you. I can't wait to see the movie.
on 12 November 2002
I have always been a fan of both BA and Hans Zimmer, I absolutely loved his musical work for both Gladiator and The Lion King. I first saw this movie 2 weeks ago when I bought it for my little sister, and I ablsolutely loved it! The music went well with the animation on the screen. One of my favourites on this album has to be "Brothers under the sun" which moves me to tears every time I hear it.
And "sound the bugle" is also a moving tune. I play the movie in my head when I hear it, when Spirit is transported north to pull the train up the mountain. I have to say that this was money well spent, and bryan's distinctive voice makes these songs instantly recognisable. This is truly a fantastic piece of work, go out and buy it today!
on 23 July 2003
BRYAN ADAMS HAS JUST THE VOICE FOR THIS HE MAKES THE SOFTEST WORDS IN HIS SONGS TOUCH YOUR HEART AND IT MAKES A TEAR COME TO MY EYE WHEN I LISTEN TO SOME OF THE SONGS AS THEY ARE SO MOVING AND WHEN YOU WATCH THE FILM IF YOU HAVENT ALREADY THEN YOU UNDERSTAND THE SONGS EVEN BETTER,BUT WITHOUT THE FILM THIS SOUND TRACK IS ONE OF THE BEST THAT I HAVE EVER PURCHASED AND I AM A TRUE BRYAN ADAMS FAN OVER THE YEARS BUT THIS IS AWESOME MUSIC AND THE LYRICS ARE BRILLIANT,WOULD RECOMMEND TO ALL AGES AS THIS IS BRILLIANT AND I LISTEN TO IT ALL THE TIME IN MY CAR,ITS THE BEST.KEEP ON STRUMMING YOUR STUFF BRYAN....
on 30 November 2012
This is one of my all-time favorite soundtracks, partially because 'Spirit Stallion of the Cimarron' evokes many childhood memories for me, but more predominantly because its an incredibly well-done score. What is interesting and quite unique about the animation is that rather than just using instrumentals to provoke feelings it uses lyrics - the voice of Bryan Adams, to be precise, and the effect of this is very powerful. I wasn't particularly big on his music beforehand, but this soundtrack really made me appreciate the power and emotion to his voice.

The themes to the songs are very varied...'You Can't Take Me' and 'Get Off Of My Back' are quite rocky, effectively conveying Spirit's frustration at his capture and desperation to be free, whereas the more romantic tunes like 'Nothing I've Ever Known' express his feelings for the horse Rain. There are also very sorrowful, thought-provoking melodies, such as 'Brothers Under the Sun' and 'Sound the Bugle'. The music very much humanizes Spirit as a character, making the audience feel even more for him through times of suffering. Adams' vocals are assisted by the stunning instrumentals of Hans Zimmer, who has as usual outdone himself. I would say that this score is in league with that of The Lion King...which is a pretty bold statement to make, but I believe it's true! From the action-packed, fast-paced 'Run Free' to the light-hearted and delicate 'Rain', he never fails to deliver appropriate and unique music. It effectively captures both the motion and emotion of the horses. I've owned this soundtrack for a good 10 years now and still listen to it to this day...it won't disappoint!