4.0 out of 5 stars Surprised How Unique!!!
Published on 15 Oct. 2002 by I. Greaves

3.0 out of 5 stars Rhythm-And-Blues of Love's Ups & Downs
Published on 30 Aug. 2009 by gone

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprised How Unique!!!, 15 Oct. 2002
I. Greaves "greavesi" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: All I Have (Audio CD)
Honestly, these kind of voices do not come around too often! In the dense market that is female r 'n' b singers at the moment, this lady stands out from the rest with her soft yet meaningful vocals which hold a passion only found in recent years from greats such as Mary J. Blige and Whitney. Although the range may not quite be there yet there is not one song out of the 12 featured which lets her down. From the opening heartfelf "Why Don't We Fall In Love?" right through to the beautiful outro the album does not falter and there's some classic tracks during the course. Next single "Talkin to me", "Can't Let Go", the Mary J. inspired "Need You Tonight" and the stunning title track can't be ignored. If you appreciate soul/r'n'b then you need this album in your collection.

4.0 out of 5 stars At first I thought 'Oh here we go again....', 30 Aug. 2002
This review is from: All I Have (Audio CD)
It would be safe to say that single female R&B singers have been flooding the market recently hence it is fair to say that when I first read about Amerie I was hardly enthusiastic. However I was completely wrong. I bought the album cautiously but I loved it instantly. Its predominantly midtempo with a few uptempo songs and they all have good strong beats. The best songs are 'Why Dont We Fall In Love', 'I Just Died', 'Talkin To Me' and 'Nothing Like Loving You' yet all the songs are good (something quite rare in itself). Many say that she sounds like Mary J in her early days- the fact that one of Mary's producers also co-produced this album may account for this.
Overall this is a refreshing album fom a new talent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Here we go again...., 9 Sept. 2002
This review is from: All I Have (Audio CD)
is what I thought when I read that the music world was to be braced by yet another young female R&B singer. I couldn't see what Amerie, complete with an English Degree, could offer over the new influx of R&B singers (Ashanti, Tweet etc.). However I was wrong. All the songs have their merits (the only other album where I like all the songs is 'Aaliyah') which is a bonus. The majority of them are midtempo affairs which a good background beat accompanied by Amerie's sweet vocals. If you've Heard Why Dont We Fall In Love and like it then you'll love all the other songs on this album. In all this is just a great well polished album. A must have for any R&B fan.
P.S If you think that she sounds like Mary J Blige in the early days then it could have something to do with the fact that many of the songs are produced and written by Mary J's earlier producer.

5.0 out of 5 stars STUNNING!!!!!, 6 April 2005
This review is from: All I Have (Audio CD)
Not only is Amerie Rogers stunning she also has an amazing, infectious voice coupled with the beautiful melodies created by music genius Rich Harrison.
1.Why don't we fall in love (10/10)Her first single short but sassy with saxophones and Ameries sweet voice.
2.Talkin' to me (10/10)The guitar track in this song just hooks you and her voice is sassy.
3.Nothing like loving you (10/10)A slower number with Amerie using her lower range.
4.Can't let go (9/10)A soulful number with guitars and heavy percussion.
5.Need you tonight (9/10)Funkier than the others with rockier vibe.
6.Got to be there (10/10)A more poppy/r'n'b sound an album highlight.
7.I just died (9/10)Heavy hip hop beat with her breathless voice over the top sounds different to other r'n'b ballads.
8.Hatin' on you (8/10)Doesn't quite have the same effect as the others but still a good song.
9.Float (10/10)Probably the best track! Again with heavy beats mixed with tingling piano and her vocals on full display.
10.Show me (9/10)A mellow track with a kinda water effect to it.
11.All i have (10/10)A beautiful ballad over the heavy beats a great way to end the album.
12.Outro/I'm Reminded (9/10)Pounding beat and quite atmospheric.
If you like R'n'B buy this album Amerie is one of the best urban artists out there.

3.0 out of 5 stars Rhythm-And-Blues of Love's Ups & Downs, 30 Aug. 2009
This review is from: All I Have (+Bonus) (Audio CD)
This is Amerie's Japan Import with bonus songs, diverse artwork, enhanced video, lyrics to all [including extra tracks], and obi-strip. The contents are the real beauty as they enhance the music listening experience. The entire album is a laid back to mid-tempo style focusing on the album's title throughout, "All I Have" and Why Don't We Fall In Love? For those who are struggling with single-hood, or the questions of love this is a fabulous sure to satisfy rhythm-and-blues album. This Import adds the featured artist Ludacris plus a mix and video definitely hot!

Every song touches the feelings of love being so hard to understand. This has an array of issues very easily relate-able and most definitely "unique" on its presentation as it does not bash men, trash the other woman, or have negativity. It has positive vibes throughout spotlighting romance, love, and even referring to God's love.

The first bonus track "Why Don't We Fall In Love (Main Mix Featuring Ludacris)" [3:31] has Ludacris introducing the song with fabulous rhymes typical of his "signature" style. Amerie's vocals show inflections of going with the words as she sighs and says, "Why don't we, don't we/Why don't we, why don't we, why don't we fall in love?/... It's the only thing that matters to me/... Willing to swallow each and every ounce of my pride, my pride/". Ludacris' rap is on the lyrical booklet making it thus a rapper's/hip-hop's dream to rap along.

The second bonus track is, "Why Don't We Fall In love (Richcraft Remix) [3:36] presenting Amerie's sound without the rap and with added instruments. Not quite the tech-no/trance disco madness but more of a laid back R&B mix to bring the style "only" slightly altered. The vocals are conserved, the music is similar, and the beats maintain their direction. It's got a bit of retro 80s if you listen "extremely" carefully.

The beats are catchy, singable, and not filler throw away music like many R&B and pop artists that release "sexually" charged lyrics or non-meaningful writing songs. This has thought provoking writing, relate-able messages, and good life-lessons too. There's bounce, energy at times, and even funk in a blues way.

From track to track there's the questions of love. "Why Don't We Fall In Love" centering on the frustrations of love not quite coming the way imagined--something many singles and even couples can come across. Also very soothing and sensual is "Talkin' To Me" for it's references of how sometimes love can be a denial as the eyes cross paths and they say it all. The video is so nice, I recommend any interested person to view it --on this enhanced portion. There's a track toward the end that blesses and thanks God for being there, for not having to deal with the sadness alone but rather as a sign of good things to come. Uplifting and "in love" attitudes are also marked in songs like, "Need You Tonight" to name one.

Trying to let go of someone you fall deep with can be a "very" frustrating thing to go through. This album brings "Nothing Like Loving You" and "Can't Let Go" as just 2 to mention--that present how the "dream" is *so* nice thus asking: why does it have to say good-bye? In my life, off topic, I've had so many intense love romances yet they drift with no answers as I am left with the same questions, but what happened? This is that kind of album--letting you know you are not alone. There's the ups, the downs, the highs, the lows, but in the end it's all good because as the title states, "All I Have" --you've given it your best; it's all you have. That last kiss, that last embrace, that last memory, is really "all you have" to take, to learn, and to know it's a beautiful thing in the long run!

5.0 out of 5 stars INCREDIBLE ALBUM, 2 Oct. 2009
This review is from: All I Have (Audio CD)
I bought this album numerous years ago and still to this day, you can truly appreciate how incredible this album is. To this very day, this album remains the best of Amerie's career. It is very hard for Amerie to top this album, it is that good and definitely showcases her as a great talent within music.

'Why Don't We Fall In Love?' has always been one of my favourite songs of hers, ever since I heard it back then. It definitely made the album for me, but alongside that there are a selection of other songs that also stand their own ground on this album.

I find it hard to believe that she is still so underrated within music.

If you appreciate good R&B, then this is the album for you (if you don't have it already).

4.0 out of 5 stars A classic R&B album that never gets old!!, 31 Oct. 2014
This review is from: All I Have (Audio CD)
To me this album is amazing I love it so much! Every single song is just sensational and Amerie's voice is beautiful. Talkin' to me and All I have are my faves on the album. Let me just say this ok ..this album will never get old it's a classic and it always will be.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sooooo happy with my CD, 10 April 2015
Really happy with the CD... perfect condition (Just like brand new) Thank you

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb debut!, 26 Jan. 2003
This review is from: All I Have (Audio CD)
As with the other reviewers, I was hardly excited at the prospect of a new R'n'B diva on the scene, given the current climate with artists such as J.Lo and Ashanti churning out rehashes of old favourites. However, upon hearing Amerie's "Why don't we fall in love?", it took me back to the first time I heard Mary J's "What's the 411?", and felt compelled to buy the album - I was not disappointed! The album has tune after tune, with gems such as "There for Me" and "I Float" transporting the listener to the days of one's first love. The lyrics are slightly one-dimensional, but the production more than makes up for this minor shortcoming, with innovative samples, such as the "There for Me" intro and the impressive piano frill on "I Float". A must have for all true R'n'B fans who yearn for the days of way back when, and also for those who have been weaned on the lukewarm offerings of today's R'n'B stars - this is what it's about! A classic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 28 Nov. 2003
This review is from: All I Have (Audio CD)
I thoroughly enjoyed this album. Amerie has style and class with all her songs meaningful and strong. A must have for anyone who has good taste in music.

All I Have
All I Have by Amerie (Audio CD - 2002)