5.0 out of 5 stars Yay for Potter and EA games
I was bought the first game for xmas, then the following year got this... the graphics are so much better - it completely blows the socks off the first one.
Published on 8 Mar 2004 by Suzi Thorne

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a bad game, but needs improvement
I bought this games I am a bit of a Potter fan. I was very impressed by the graphics, which are excellent. What annoys me about this game is that the loading screens are frequent, annoying, and take a long time to disappear. If you die the game usually displays a loading screen for about 20 seconds, which infuriates me. Also some of the missions are somewhat tedious and...
Published on 16 Dec 2003 by Jamie

5.0 out of 5 stars Yay for Potter and EA games, 8 Mar 2004
This review is from: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (PS2) (Video Game)
The castle's much bigger, the grounds are interesting, there are loads of extra mini games and lots of flying. The big-bad at the end is really easy to beat, once you've worked out how, but there are some really difficult bits.
Enjoyed it so much, I've just ordered the PS2 version of the first game as it is set in this Hogwarts rather than the first one. Can't wait for the 3rd game.
On the downside... I had no life with this game until I completed it, much to the boyfriend's disgust as it was his PS2!

5.0 out of 5 stars Not bad for my first game!, 18 Mar 2003
This review is from: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (PS2) (Video Game)
As a Harry Potter fan it seemed fitting that my first ever play station game should be one of his.
I bought it so that I could join the PS2 experience.
Since then my boyfriend has complained that I send more time with Harry than I do him.
As it's my first game I'm not much of a reviewer but here's what I think anyway:
Graphics: ****
Playability: ****
Adictablilty:*****
Soundtrack: ****
My only negative is that it can take quite some time to load the different zones - very anoying if you want to go back and forth between them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant game so much is better than the last, 20 Nov 2002
This review is from: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (PS2) (Video Game)
I Think this is a brilliant game. graffics are outstanding and the way the have set out the "days" make much more sense. it has actually stuck quite closly to the actual storyline. Night time adventures are made more fun by prowling prefects and ghosts that "steal" your bertie botts beans (lets hope they dont take the good flavors). Character development is a lot better but you still tend to find hermione annoying (or is that just me?). Any Potter fan should play this game. and for the arachniphobics out there, aragog isnt that bad.
The only problem with this game is the lack of particular things. Myself i found shouting "wheres Dobby!?!" as he doesn't come into the game at the begining. Theres a definitive lack of the proffessor we love to laugh at, Lockart, and for all those who like snape there is such a lack of him.
With the main adventure and lots of mini advetures to do i think anyone would enjoy this game. and it will certainly keep you entertained and enticed for a few hours a day. and i believe people will keep re-playing the game too. I'm going to shut up now though before i revel too much about whats in the game, Have Fun!

5.0 out of 5 stars Massive Improvement, 10 Nov 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (PS2) (Video Game)
The first thing i thought when i loaded up this game was 'wow'. the visuals are stunning, and the sound is even better. i was unsure whether to buy the game or not, as the 1st installment of the series was aimed too much at young children. however, i'm glad i did, as not only have the developers made the game challenging for more experienced gamers, they have also kept the fun, and the magical experience of the game in. the PSone version is a completely differnet game, and made easier for the young children.
the game follows both the book and the film almost perfectly. there's new spells to be learnt, more people to see, a much wider game area, and there is even time to explore the massive castle between lessons.
the game is 5 times bigger, badder, and better than the Philosophers Stone, and goes into much more depth, including side stories, and a whole new improved quidditch game. finnaly you get to do more than just fly through hoops and tap the X button, there is more skill involved now, and harder opponants.
where the first game was for die-hard fans only, this one is a must for all gamers. even if you have never read the books, or saw the films, still buy the game, it follows the story beautifully. it is so magical, you will really believe that you are harry at some moments, it is that good.
you also wont be able to complete this game in a couple of hours, unlike the first one. it takes a good solid week with non-stop playing to tackle this, and it will be the best week of your life.
order now! it is quite easily the best game to wipe its feet on Playstations doormat, and rightly so.

5.0 out of 5 stars Harry Potter The Chamber of Secrets, 18 Feb 2003
This review is from: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (PS2) (Video Game)
This second game is far better than the first. I love the fact you can do mini quests for your friends and return items to the notice board for extra points and wizard cards. The main quests keep me on the edge of my seat as I do battle with the whopping willow tree, imps, spiders and other such nasties. You can freely move round the grounds and school during the day swapping wizard cards and using your spells to collect beans. But moving around at night is a different story, trying to avoid the prefects and nasties but it just adds to the fun. Being able to fly around the grounds in search of mini quest items is great fun as some of the items you are looking for are on the school roof. This is a brill game for Harry Potter fans.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good game with a few faults., 13 Dec 2002
M. Thornton (Swansea, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (PS2) (Video Game)
I bought this game with some trepidation after reading poor reviews of the first. I am pleased to say I am really enjoying it! As a relatively experienced gamer I was afraid it would be too easy but it isn't - it's just about right for the non-obsessive gamer. The controls are easy to master and the game itself is challenging without being impossible; also you are given enough guidance that you don't have to spend hours searching for the right door/portal/secret passage. The game loosely follows the plot of the novel and once you get to Hogwarts it works in a day/night format: during the day you play Quidditch and follow challenges set by the teachers to learn new spells. At night you sneak about avoiding the prefects to complete certain tasks. It's quite addictive: even though I've read the book from cover to cover I still found myself trying to get to the next day/night to find out what happens next. The vocals are good - not the movie actors but similar voices - and the music also helps to make it atmospheric. The graphics are excellent and you can do lots of exploring and find secret passages etc. around the castle without having to worry about running out of time.
The most annoying thing about this game is the long load times, both between certain scenes and when saving and reloading games. It's also a little repetitive in places: for example in the spell tasks where you always seem to be fighting the same monster ie the ugly statue thing with wings. Once you get the hang of how to defeat it it's relatively easy on the next few tasks. Sneaking past the prefects is also a pain - it's fun to start with but after about the third night it gets boring.
Overall I really liked this game and would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a fun, engaging game that does not require hours and hours of painstaking work to complete but equally is not over in half an hour. I'm very much looking forward to the next one!

4.0 out of 5 stars Is it the game for you?, 1 Nov 2003
This review is from: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (PS2) (Video Game)
Well, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets is not the most exciting game you will ever play. Its definitly not the most complex. If you want a game the will last for ever this is not for you.
Saying that, my daughter loved it, my wife loved it and I loved it. Its very easy to get into. There are loads of extra things to find away from the central plot (all hidden away somewhere). I would say that in places it got just a little repetative, but all in all I think it is well worth the money, just don't expect too much.

4.0 out of 5 stars WARNING!: This game will take over your life!, 21 Jan 2003
This review is from: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (PS2) (Video Game)
I wasn't too keen on the idea of a Harry Potter game. I love the books, the movies were good...but movie-to-game conversions are not always up to scratch. But, with this game I was pleasantly suprised...gasp!!!...A game, based on a movie, that's fun to play...
...Fantastic visuals, easy to master control system, incredible level size and detail, great spells to learn and a collection of superb mini games crammed into one game.
During the game you take part in the Quidditch cup. This has been cleverly recreated into the form of a racing game where you have to beat the other seekers whilst avoiding flying Bludgers (that's balls to non-Potter fans).
You start at the Weasley's house and you then head to Diagon Alley where you take part in a variety of challenges. Then it's off to Hogwarts where the real action begins.
This game follows the same storyline of the book, but even if you do know the conclusion to the book, there is plenty to keep you busy.
Your missions are set to you by students or teachers and these take plave either at Night or during the Day. Night time missions are tricky, there are prefects patrolling around the school who will capture you if you are spotted. Daytime missions are slightly harder but you don't have the Prefects ruining your fun.
It isn't all good though. The game has long loading times, when you are in the middle of a mission the loading screen annoys you by popping up for about 20 seconds. The camera also plays up a bit during the game, making it hard to get the desired angle. That's about the only bad parts of this game.
I really enjoyed this game and would recommend it to anyone of any age.
Well worth not eating or sleeping for!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 15 Nov 2003
CATHERINE (HAVANT, HAMPSHIRE United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (PS2) (Video Game)
This game is excellent! I got it free when I bought my Playstation 2 and I thought it would be a boring kids game. It is not. It is fantastic! I am a big Harry Potter fan so I am not sure how someone who is not into the books would rate it. If you liked the books you will LOVE this game. Buy it NOW! There is lots of variety in the tasks you have to complete.
The only complaint I had was the frequent loading and long loading times which tended to interrupt the flow of the game and spoil it by reminding me that I wasn't really at Hogwarts after all. Having said this I really did feel that I was at Hogwarts when I was playing the game which was amazing. The whole school was extremely accurately reproduced with a pretty much fully interactive environment.
I think it has very good re-play value as well as there are loads of wizard cards to collect and extra ways to earn housepoints.
You get to play a really really realistic game of Quidditch as well.
I also noticed that Dobby the house elf was missing which was a shame but I didn't really feel that it detracted from the game too much.
Overall, a good game with lots of little games within it and a great mix of different types of gameplay. I was addicted to it immediately and could not stop playing it until I had finished!

4.0 out of 5 stars An unexpected pleasure, 13 May 2003
This review is from: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (PS2) (Video Game)
I bought this on a whim - being a bit sick of the first person shooter gorefests that I was playing. I'm a 25 year old hardened gamer but I'm glad I got this. The Chamber of Secrets is magical escapism and I found it nice and relaxing. Harry can't die (only faint) so that immediately takes the pressure off allowing you to take your time and enjoy exploring the environment.
It doesn't get 5 stars because, as people have already mentioned, the loading times do get on your nerves a bit. But other than that this is a cracker!

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (PS2)
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (PS2) by Electronic Arts (PlayStation2)
27.53