4.0 out of 5 stars Nostalgic wartime memories...
This compilation has been available since 2002 and is an 18 track approx 54 minute selection. The sound quality is very good and the range of titles interesting. As with many Music Digital releases there are no liner notes but that does not detract from the music on offer.
Published on 17 Nov 2009 by C. FULLER

3.0 out of 5 stars Chilled out.
I went to a 40's event and really liked the music in the background so bought this. Its ok, but a bit of a fad buy for me that I've not really listened to since. Not having been around in the 1940's I have no idea if they are good songs or not. Sorry - probaly not that helpfull a review.
Published 12 months ago by Mrs. Helen Penniston

4.0 out of 5 stars Nostalgic wartime memories..., 17 Nov 2009
C. FULLER (Brixham, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Wartime Memories (Audio CD)
Tracks: Gracie Fields - Sing As We Go / The Andrews Sisters - Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy / Flanagan & Allen - We're Gonna Hang Out The Washing On The Siegfried Line / Nat Gonella - It's A Pair Of Wings For Me / George Formby - Mr. Wu's An Air Raid Warden Now / The Four Vagabonds - Comin' In On A Wing / Irving Berlin - This Is The Army, Mr Jones / Vera Lynn - All Alone In Vienna / Glenn Miller - She'll Always Remember / Tony Pastor - Obey Your Air Raid Warden / Ambrose - Ma, I Miss Your Apple Pie / Leslie Hutchinson - The Nearness Of You / Joe Loss - I'll Never Smile Again / Geraldo - Long Ago And Far Away / Lou Preager - Coming Home / Deanna Durbin - Beneath The Lights Of Home / Ivy Benson - The Home Coming Waltz / Vera Lynn - The White Cliffs Of Dover

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 20 Oct 2011
This review is from: Wartime Memories (Audio CD)
This cd was bought for a war time themed party. It had everyone singing and dancing and we all had a great time thankyou

3.0 out of 5 stars Chilled out., 8 April 2013
Mrs. Helen Penniston "Angelica" (Nottingham) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Songs for a 1940s Party, 9 Aug 2013
This review is from: Wartime Memories (Audio CD)
The songs on the CD are ideal for a great sing-along at any 1940s party creating a great wartime atmosphere

5.0 out of 5 stars good, 30 July 2013
This review is from: Wartime Memories (Audio CD)
I got a good service and it was a fast one too. I was pleased to of received my CD's as quick as I did. They were a good quality also. Good all round.

5.0 out of 5 stars Present, 14 April 2014
This review is from: Wartime Memories (Audio CD)
The love rating is for my mother. I purchased this for her CD player in her care home. The CD is regularly borrowed and played in the main lounge where all the residents will sing along to it.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good mixture, 4 Feb 2014
This review is from: Wartime Memories (Audio CD)
This is a good mixture of various artists and I hope my Mum who is in a Nursing Home enjoys listening to the old tunes

5.0 out of 5 stars Would recommend, 26 July 2013
This review is from: Wartime Memories (Audio CD)
Bought this for a 1940's themed party. Really good fun CD and had everyone singing along - even the youngsters!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars wartime cd, 1 Feb 2013
This review is from: Wartime Memories (Audio CD)
This was bought for an elderly friend as a birthday present and she enjoyed listening to it so much, it brought back happy memories. Great cd, great delivery and great seller. Many thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars wartime memories, 12 Jan 2013
T. I. Wratten (eastbourne) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wartime Memories (Audio CD)
this for me was the music of my childhood, and I intend to use one track at my funeral just to cheer them up

ARRAY(0xa476fdc8)

Wartime Memories
Wartime Memories by Various Artists (Audio CD - 2002)