on 21 February 2011
I bought this rainbow maker for my 3 year old niece who at present is house bound due to a serious illness.
Although we do not live close to one another my sister informs me that my niece is very ,very,pleased and longs for the sun to shine so she can watch it working.Would highly recommend.
on 29 January 2010
I had a Rainbow Maker for many years and it was broken , so I was very happy when I was able to find one at Amazon. It's a miracle, just stick it on the window and wait for the sun to shine. You have a room full of rainbows.Everyone should have one.Josephine.
on 11 January 2012
I was given a gift of this many years ago and it has been a delight. When it got too old and would not stick to window I bought this new one on Amazon. I love the rainbows it creates especially in Winter sunshine.
on 31 May 2014
Bought one of these several years ago which I unfortunately broke. Needed to buy a present for someone that was a bit different. Saw these on Amazon and ordered without hesitation. The suction cup on these is very strong once stuck onto a grease free window. They work best in a very sunny facing window. The effect is so relaxing as beads of rainbow lights travel round the walls of your room. Excellent present, especially if your stuck on something different to buy as a present. Going to buy one for myself soon.
on 31 January 2013
Long lasting. My granson has had it in his window for two years and it is still going strong. He loves it.
on 1 September 2012
I was very pleased when I brought this and I loved the rainbow patterns it made round my living room, when the sun shone on it. It was very pretty and theraputic. But it didn't last long, it ceased to work after just a few months! For the price charged it should have lasted a lot longer. Wasn't at all impressed. This is the first time that I have had to complain about a product.
on 24 July 2015
This is a very beautiful item. I have it permamently installed in my balcony glass, inside the balcony. It brings out the best of the sunny days. At spring, the first day this starts casting moving prismatic light dots in my living room is a great day, it's a promise that the sun is finally coming back after the dark winter.

Only get this if you have a room and a window that's open to the direction the sun is shining from. The RainbowMaker will fill the room with moving prismatic rays while the sun is shining.
on 3 July 2014
Great product - I bought one for mum years ago and it still works.
But this is a dodgy supplier, and I'm not the only reviewer whose rainbow maker didn't work...

The one that works (bought from a shop) still turns and produces delight after 4 years.
on 1 February 2016
Bought the rainbow maker as a gift for a sick friend Christmas. Visited friend today and discovered the rainbowmaker doesn't work,(the mechanism is broken and it doesn't turn the crystal) and never has. It was dispatched and sold by Amazon, tried to use returns only to discover it's a day late and there is NO means of contacting Amazon about the faulty goods. Very pricey for faulty goods and not impressed with lack of support.Kikkerland Acrylic RainbowMaker, Transparent
on 5 September 2015
Lovely product in principle, but I've had three of them and only one runs perfectly. Others tend to stop in a particular position and stay there until the sun is much stronger. This suggests that the standard of manufacture is not quite what it's supposed to be. Supplier swapped one for me very quickly and helpfully but the replacement was no better. I kept it, but probably should have sent it back. Still works only intermittently. Shame because it's an appealing product.