on 19 May 2008
Perfect. I brought this for my 6 year old and he loves it. Full of tricks which are easy to learn and perform and highly entertaining
on 26 March 2005
I think that the Marvins Box of tricks is an excellent buy,and is very good value.I performed most of the tricks in front of my family today and they loved it.The instruction booklet is great and very easy to follow-a great product.Athough not very educational,it will provide hours of fun and will really boost ones self-confidence
11 comment|106 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 September 2011
My now 6 year old was very excited about the possibilities of what he could accomplish with his first magic set. We figured out a couple of tricks, but the remainder are a bit tough for him to fathom out. Perhaps more for 7 to 8 year olds. Needs lots of assistance to get going. But otherwise, fairly good value for money and it will grow on him. So not all is lost.
on 27 March 2011
The tricks are quite complex and difficult, my child is 7 and I had to help her on every single trick! The foam rabbits ripped very easily and used once for a trick!
on 22 November 2009
This product is not as good a quality as expected. I was going to give it to my grandson for Christmas,but it may be 'recycled' to the charity shop! I found cheaper and better quality versions in the supermarket.
on 13 July 2009
I bought this for my daughters birthday and she absolutely loves it. She is only 5 so does not exactly do the tricks as per the instructions but nevrtheless she has had many happy hours playing with this. Would definately recommend this and feel it is very reasonably priced for what it contains.
on 8 August 2015
Excellent first magic set. My 5 year old granddaughter may be under the age but she has managed 4 or five tricks already. Some are difficult because of the size of her hands, but using the excellent DVD it's clear to her, although her first comment was " Granddad, that's cheating!" To which the obvious reply was, "No it's not, it's MAGIC" seemed to work.

Good quality tricks that the grown ups wanted to know how it was done. Well worth the money
on 29 May 2010
I got this for my daughter on her 7th birthday & she absolutely loves it. After just half hour of sitting together I helped her learn enough tricks for a mini show that wowed her dad, cousins & grandparents! Her little 3yr old brother is amazed & wants one for his birthday too. It's great value as there are still so many tricks to learn, we started with the easiest ones. A real hit.
on 10 July 2011
Bought this for my 7 year old granddaughter and she is thrilled with it. Has even entertained a boy in A&E when waiting there with her sister and he excitedly told his Mum "That girl's Magic!" Some of the tricks are quite difficult to learn at her age but others she has aquired the skills for quite quickly. Should provide entertainment for years to come.
on 11 September 2010
A good little magic set probably better for an older child - my six year old was vey excited about it but has found most of the tricks difficult to do, the adults have enjoyed practising them on her behalf though.