5.0 out of 5 stars If you can connect via DVI, this is a must buy!
I recently got a 19" flat panel Philips TFT monitor. I expected it to be much easier on my eyes when surfing the net and working with MS Office documents. It wasn't. It was actually worse than my old 17" CRT. This was due to fonts all appearing out of focus.
Published on 16 July 2004

3.0 out of 5 stars Very thick, hard and hard to tighten.
Published on 5 Dec 2009 by Buyer M

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars If you can connect via DVI, this is a must buy!, 16 July 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Belkin DVI Flat Panel Replacement Cable (Electronics)
Despite trying different screen resolutions, refresh rates, DPI and font smoothing settings, I was still very unhappy with the display. This cable sorted everything out for me.
After much research into what cable would connect between my video card (an nVidia 5950) and the monitor, I selected this Belkin cable. You have to be very careful in your research as there are a number of DVI standards at the moment (DVI-D, DVI-I DVI-A, dual link, single link etc.) and you *must* get the correct cable for it to work.
Once I received my cable it installed in less than 1 minute. Having booted up my PC, I was amazed at the colour quality on my desktop picture. The issue I had with fonts was completely gone and browsing the net and all office work is now a pleasure. I have also noticed a small difference in gameplay with better graphics quality.
I thoroughly recommend this cable. It has made me completely change my views about how good TFT monitors are compared with CRTs.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good DVI-D cable, 8 Nov 2006
68Dastardly (Manchester, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Belkin DVI Flat Panel Replacement Cable (Electronics)
Firstly thanks to another Amazon reviewer ("a software user") who pointed out the need to ensure you are aware of the differences in digital video connections i.e. the different ports on your PC / Graphics card. I would like to 2nd this and encourage all to know what they need as I recently bought a Samsung SyncMaster940BW 19 inch Widescreen LCD (not bought from Amazon, although I would give this monitor 95% a good quality unit / image) and Samsung supplied a DVI-I cable, which when connected to my NVIDIA graphics card gave an error; it needed the DVI-D Belkin cable that I had bought from Amazon.

I always buy Belkin cables as my employer uses them and personally they are a quality manufacturer who you can rely on to deliver good signals / data / images / etc.

I like this cable. I like the digital image that I see through my monitor but I do not like that it is 3M. I would like a 1M option, which is my only concern.

Are you looking for a DVI-D to DVI-D monitor cable, buy this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing difference, 4 Aug 2005
This review is from: Belkin DVI Flat Panel Replacement Cable (Electronics)
I brought this cable out of hope that it would help the awful display problems I was having with my TFT monitor. But the difference is amazing - not only has it solved the problems I had but the display is now much brighter, colours more stunning. I cant believe it's the same TFT screen. Well worth the money -only wish I had brought one earlier.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect compatibility and Performance, 21 Dec 2005
This review is from: Belkin DVI Flat Panel Replacement Cable (Electronics)
Bought this originally to connect my 9800Pro and now have my x850xt graphics card connected to my IIyama dvi-d monitor. Excellent belkin performance and quality. Highly reccomended

5.0 out of 5 stars The best DVI cable I have ever used!, 30 Nov 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Belkin DVI Flat Panel Replacement Cable (Electronics)
I bought this cable as a last resort following resolution problems I was having using two other much more expensive cables. This cable is the business. This cable has changed my monitor's life - buy one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Top quality cable!!, 4 Feb 2004
This review is from: Belkin DVI Flat Panel Replacement Cable (Electronics)
Belkin produce probably the best cables and this is a great cable at a fantastic price. It always pays to get quality cables when you have splashed out on the monitor and graphics card.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed, 9 April 2009
A. McKenzie (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Belkin DVI Flat Panel Replacement Cable (Electronics)
Works perfectly. I bought this to replace the VGA-DVI connecter I used to use (which became loose and caused ghosting on my screen). This new cable has works a charm.
It is important to check exactly what cable you need though, I researched DVI cable types before I searched for the cable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good cable - no problems, 12 Jan 2011
This review is from: Belkin DVI Flat Panel Replacement Cable (Electronics)
I bought this 3m dual-link cable to connect an ATI 5770 G-card to a 2560 x 1600 30" Dell monitor.

At the time of writing this cable appears to be the cheapest 3m dual-link connector available. (Note: there's a cheaper 3m DVI-HDMI cable which claims to be dual link - but many G-cards don't support dual-link over HDMI - including the HD5770 - so check you specs before buying)

I was slightly concerned about potential problems with running 2560 x 1600 over 3m - but these concerns turned out to be unfounded. It works perfectly. No noise or sparkles.

To correct some of the other silly reviews on here:

1) The cable is not excessively stiff, nor are the connectors significantly bigger than the standard white ends found on most standard single-link cables.

2) I had no trouble using the knurled thumb-screws to tighten the connector up.

OK the thumb screws do have a smaller diameter than those found on a standard white connector - so this makes them a little more difficult to tighten - but, if you're the type who likes to screw everything together real tight - it's no problem to use a small screw driver to do it.

So this one gets 5 stars from me.

3.0 out of 5 stars Very thick, hard and hard to tighten., 5 Dec 2009
This review is from: Belkin DVI Flat Panel Replacement Cable (Electronics)
The cable is very thick and hard. It is hard to manage the cable. Also pins(screws) are very thin and hard to tighten. You might need screw driver to tighten. You can find something better than this. Also picture shown by Amazon is different from what I got. All the cable is black (including the connector). I got the one Divot Man posted. (you can see the thin screw) If you are the person who want softer(thinner) cables don't get this one.

Definitely there are better, easier one you can find.

PS. Picture quality, build quality is up to high-standard. Just NOT easy to handle.

5.0 out of 5 stars DVI cable, 13 Nov 2013
This review is from: Belkin DVI Flat Panel Replacement Cable (Electronics)
Great cable, perfect for the price.

There's nothing really to add, I've had no issues after using it for like a year.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›