5.0 out of 5 stars Nintendo 251 Memory Card
Finally a large and reliable memory card for the Gamecube. The Nintendo 251 memory card will last for ages, having the capacity to fit loads of saved games onto it, as opposed to the other official card from Nintendo that has a mere 59 blocks and could only store about 5-6 saved games.
Published on 24 Sep 2002

1.0 out of 5 stars This shows as a brand new card in a plastic ...
This shows as a brand new card in a plastic case this was not what I received, I feel I have been missold this product
Published 12 days ago by Derek McKenzie

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Nintendo 251 Memory Card, 24 Sep 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: GameCube 251 Slot Memory Card (GameCube) (Video Game)
The 251 card is excellent value for money by comparison. It is not as big as some of the other 3rd party cards on offer, but as it is an official card from Nintendo, so you know its will never fail, and you will not lose any of your precious saved games. This new official card renders the old Nintendo 59 memory card almost useless, offering over four time as much storage space at an almost identical price.
My only criticism is that this was not the card originally released with the Gamecube.
An essential purchase for the Nintendo Gamecube.

5.0 out of 5 stars Avoid third-party memory cards, 26 Sep 2005
This review is from: GameCube 251 Slot Memory Card (GameCube) (Video Game)
All I can say is only purchase official Nintendo memory cards. I was unfortunate enough to have a third party card, and lost all my data after about 20 hours gameplay. I wasn't too pleased when I had to repeat it all over again. The official cards never go wrong, but in my experience it is the norm for unofficial cards to become corrupted. If you want to spend less on an unofficial card, go ahead, but one day you will lose all your data and wish you had taken Nintendo's advice.
BTW. I believe the card with 1019 blocks of memory wasn't released in the UK as there was a problem with it. Best to go for the 251 block version.

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy 3rd party cards., 20 Nov 2003
Gary Rose "g_r7" (Essex) - See all my reviews
This review is from: GameCube 251 Slot Memory Card (GameCube) (Video Game)
Having got a 3rd party card when I got my 'Cube I wasn't happy when it lost all my data after only 2 days. I get the 59 page card (2 Stars because of how little memory it has) and then one of these the day it come out from amazon. Its the best card for the 'Cube as it now holds 20+ games with about 30 pages left on it(I have had a GameCube from day 1 and I have both Zelda Bonus disc(Majora's Mask takes a heck of a lot of memory). This is the ONLY memory card I would buy for the GameCube as its the best and its from Nintendo so you know your getting the best too. And I'm getting a second one as well 4 back up data and any more games, which should be a lot.
Great Work yet again from Nintendo!

5.0 out of 5 stars The only card worth considering, 26 Dec 2004
M. Dovey "sonofsanta" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: GameCube 251 Slot Memory Card (GameCube) (Video Game)
Long years of gaming have taught me the hard way: there's nothing like official merchandise. With a controller this seems more obvious (3rd party are never as comfy), but with a memory card it's just as important, if not more so. A memory card is an *essential* item; without it, you can't save games, so it's not a question of "if" you should buy one, nor even "when", just which one, and I can't emphasise it enough: get a Nintendo one. I've had a multitude of problems with 3rd party memory cards in the past, and losing a completed save game, or one you're playing through, can be heartbreaking, and put you off ever finishing a game.
The 2 Nintendo ones are the 59 block card and this 251 block card. You can go with the 59 if you wish, but you'll just end up needing another one too soon. I've had one of these for a couple of years now, since I got my Gamecube, and I've only just filled it up - 25 games later. Unless you're planning on devoting your earnings to your Gamecube like me, this is the only card you'll ever need.

5.0 out of 5 stars Save your mega memory munchers in piece of mind..., 23 Feb 2004
Anthony Hobson "antster1983" (North West England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: GameCube 251 Slot Memory Card (GameCube) (Video Game)
The GameCube Memory Card 251 from Nintendo is an essential for any GameCube owner, as it will store plenty of game saves, over four times as many as the Memory Card 59.
It's also necessary to purchase one for mega memory munching games such as Madden NFL 2004 (185 blocks of memory) The Sims: Bustin' Out (161 blocks), Hitman 2: Silent Assassin (59 blocks), V-Rally 3 (up to 158 blocks) and various other titles.
As these are official memory cards, they are more reliable than third-party memory cards, so you can rest with the peace of mind that your game saves are perfectly safe.
So much your money's worth that I have two! May have to buy another for the next crop of games...

5.0 out of 5 stars 251mb Memory Card., 11 April 2005
This review is from: GameCube 251 Slot Memory Card (GameCube) (Video Game)
This is the best memory card you can buy on the Gamecube. Buy one now and you will never need to buy a memory card again. I have 25 games and I can fit them all on the memory card. Buy it now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars just what you need, 9 Jun 2005
This review is from: GameCube 251 Slot Memory Card (GameCube) (Video Game)
This is just what you need for the cube. It has adequate space for around 20 of the standard cube games, and it can hold around 5 of the larger titles such as Harvest Moon or Animal Crossing. Although this is a great card I have found a better one but it is only available in America or Japan. It is a 1019 block official gamecube card and i dont know why nintendo did not release it in the U.K. But I plan to import and I advise others do to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Space, The Final Frontier, 3 Dec 2003
This review is from: GameCube 251 Slot Memory Card (GameCube) (Video Game)
As every proud gamecube owner should know you need a memory card to make any saves. For some reason Nintendo released a card with 51 blocks, this seems really pointless for big gamers, you will be able to save about 5 games on it at most, they eat it up like nothing I've ever seen before, especially if you have Mario Kart (ghosts take up 5 apiece) or Zelda.
So I got a 251 block memory card, I have 9 games and still over half of my space left (including 15 mario kart ghosts). It is very durable and comes with labels to put on it so you can write what games you have on the card. Also, it handily fits into the slot in the game cases so you can take it with you to a friend's without any risk of it getting damaged.

5.0 out of 5 stars Even more games to go, Please, 21 Sep 2002
This review is from: GameCube 251 Slot Memory Card (GameCube) (Video Game)
Well, just as your Memory card 56 was getting full, Nintendo take out the 251. The bliss!! Loads more space to carry your favorite saves to your mates! 4 times the capacity, and it works as fast and as good as the other card. Roll on the 64 MB compact flash card! even more gaming goodness!

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have accessory, 24 Jan 2004
This review is from: GameCube 251 Slot Memory Card (GameCube) (Video Game)
Its all well and good saying its great for storing more game saves on one card, which i admit is a bonus. But some games such as 'The Sims Bustin Out' takes a whopping 161 blocks to save, much more than just a standard memory card!! So if you're after that game then you need this card!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

GameCube 251 Slot Memory Card (GameCube)
7.29