5.0 out of 5 stars Watch Out Lara there's a new Tomb Raider in Town!!!
Indiana Jones is back and ready for some more whip swinging action on the Xbox, Ps2 and Pc, but is it worth the cash?? Well Find out now! (Review of the Xbox version)
Published on 27 April 2003

3.0 out of 5 stars Indy! INDY!!
Published on 3 July 2003 by Micky Skinner

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Watch Out Lara there's a new Tomb Raider in Town!!!, 27 April 2003
This review is from: Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb (Xbox) (Video Game)
The first thing which will struck you other then the Beautiful graphics is the Superb face animation and voice of Indiana Jones, it has to be the closet thing i've seen and heard to Harrison Ford then meeting the Man himself, this doesn't just add a Polish to the game but it makes it feel more real and you'll truly believe that your Indiana, a great touch to a already unbelievable game.
The Graphics are lovely, if your not swinging in the Abandoned Forest Tombs in Ceylon with Lush forest areas and So many year old vines taking over the place, your Fighting Nazi's in the Sandy towns of Istanbul. It's this difference of levels that make it such an adventure, just like the films. The Enemies are also realistic and do not stand out like a Bright Yellow ball on Snow, instead they merge into the environment like there meant to be there, another polished aspect of the game.
While we are on the subject of enemy Al let me assure you that there not push-overs. Indiana will have his work cut-out with these clever little Buggers, you can't hide from these bad guys like me assure you, as they do anything to see blood from our Hero. If you climb up a ladder thinking your safe from evil hands you might be surprised to read that they climb up after you!! They also pack a punch and you'll have to hit them at least 10 times and shoot them three or more times to make them stay down.Obviously this is quite unrealistic but it makes you sit at the edge of your seat because your health has nearly drained and there's four or more Bad Guys sprinting towards you!
The controls are a pain at first, and the size of the Xbox controller doesn't help, but after half and hour of play you'll be pleased to know that you wouldn't want it anyother way. Indiana Jones, Jumps with the B button and Performs and variety of Operations with the Y button, this often is Pulling Levers, Picking up Objects etc. While in Combat the X and A buttons lets Indiana Punch, Jab and Kick and he can also use a variety of weapons that include Swords, Grenades and Guns to get rid of his enemy. The main weapon of choice and one you can't actually finish the game without is his Whip. This lets you swing on objects to get over holes in the ground or Shark invested water, and the game often tells you when you must use the whip by showing a command button in the top-right hadnc corner of the screen.
In all there are about 10 levels which range from all over the globe. Indiana Jones must search for three hidden pieces of a mirror that is very important and in the wrong hands all hell can be let loose, each level last's about 4 hours and the whole game is HUGE! In the levels Indiana must solve a number of puzzles, climb up Abandoned tombs, swing on chains and vines, Kill a giant Croc and swim in Shark invested water, some of the levels are also on tracks where you are put into a first-person view and must defeat the enemy just like 007 Nightfire. The list goes on and on. It truly is a masterpiece. There are also many hidden Artifacts that must be found thus making alot of replay value.
Even the guide book is fantastic with maps, and cut out pieces of Newspaper articles just like Indiana's Journal. Even the instructions are written as though Indiana had written them himself. Brilliant.
In all Indiana Jones is without a doubt better then Lara's first outing on the PSONE: it's got style, it's highly polished and enjoyable and it's got his famous Whip in it. I highly Recommend it. :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Just good but nothing special !!, 5 Dec 2003
This review is from: Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb (Xbox) (Video Game)
I bought this game after reading the customers reviews here at amazon because I thought it was well rated and looked interesting.
Overall I must say that the graphics, playabibity, storyline and differents moves of this game are good (I will not say "excellente" though). It is a typical Indiana Jones story like the films and you will enjoy it for this (you will love to use the whip...).
But I must be objective and honest with you : Dispite its many levels (most of them short) this game is very easy to complete and might bore you at times. It might be an exciting challenge for the very young gamers only.
If you consider to buy it, I advise you to select the game on "hard play" and maybe only you will find this game a challenge (if it is challenge you are after).
I would rate this game 8 out of 10.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what the doctor ordered, 1 Aug 2003
This review is from: Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb (Xbox) (Video Game)
Absolutely Excellent!! I am so happy with this game that I suggest that everyone who enjoys the films should go out and buy a copy, Today! You really feal a part of the story and the designers have hit every nail on the head. The way the character moves, talks, fights and whips is exactly as it is in the films. The environments are very well thought out and can be very real. I am about half way through and am enjoying every minute. There is so much to do and see, this is certainy the best adventure game this year. If you like the genre, the character and good fast action then this is the game for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Total Indy, 21 May 2003
This review is from: Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb (Xbox) (Video Game)
I bought this game knowing nothing about it, but being a huge fan of the Indiana Jones films. I have played a lot of movie spin-off games and nearly all are weak, so you think I would have learned my lesson!
However, Emperor's Tomb is brilliantly thought out and feels exactly like the films. It's easy to get into, especially if you've played any Tomb Raider, but adds that special Indy touch. Fighting enemies can be done with guns, but you can pick up chairs, boxes or bits of wood from the scenery to spice things up. Hand-to-hand is also fun and the Indy character even punches like Harrison Ford in the films - has to be seen, really.
The real icing on the cake is the whip. Just like the films, it can be used to swing across chasms, tame bad guys and flick weapons out of their hands. It's all so easy as well, thanks to the useful training level at the start. All of the moves are introduced gradually and the difficulty curve of the game slides up to allow the moves to become natural.
It's worth mentioning the bad guys, who are very cleverly programmed. They don't just plod backwards and forwards in a fixed pattern - it's creepy how well they plan a route to catch you! It all adds to the film atmosphere.
There are downsides. Graphically it looks more like a PS2 game than XBox and, as is often the case in these types of games, the camera angle gets a bit twitchy in tight spaces. Also, the menu at the start is clumsy and the music gets repetitive (although it can be switched off).
However, all in all, this gets the top marks from me, because it's fun, engrossing and doesn't feel like a lazy cash-in. Perhaps all games based on movies will be this good one day?

4.0 out of 5 stars A great game but......., 25 Jun 2003
This review is from: Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb (Xbox) (Video Game)
I've recently bought an xbox and this is the third game I've played on it (the others being Halo and House of the Dead). I am a big Indie fan and played the last Indiana game (The Infernal Machine) on my PC. That was a great game and I was really looking forward to playing this latest game on a dedicated games console (As with most PC games there were always issues and glitches with the gameplay).
First off I must say that the actual gameplay and graphics are excellent and you do get a great sense of atmosphere - indeed I've just come back from a visit to Prague - and guess what - one of the levels is based there!
But I found that there were some glitches with the music - and also when fighting enemies the view would sometimes change to first person which could be a distracting/confusing.
The puzzles are quite easy, but some of the fights are quite hard, especially if you are low on health - make it more exciting though!
All in all a great game, let down by some minor defects. Definately worth playing if you like this type of gameplay.

3.0 out of 5 stars Indy! INDY!!, 3 July 2003
This review is from: Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb (Xbox) (Video Game)
This game is BRILLIANT! Don't get me wrong, I really do love it, but I'll go into the reasons it only gets 3 stars later. Let me talk about the pluses first. I love Indiana Jones (and Harrison Ford) and this game is superb in its portrayal of him; the voice is excellent; the movement and fighting style is spot on (just like the movies), his use of the whip and the sound of his revolver is just like controlling him in the film, even picking up his hat after a fight, just great!
Now, I only purchased this game last night and am only 4 scenes in on level 1, but already I can tell this game is good, the first bad guy I encountered kicked my ass toe-to-toe, I resorted to shooting him (a'la, Raiders style, which was funny!) just to move on and the proceeding ivory hunters are no push over either. I've never played an Indy game before so I can't compare, but it reminded me of Tomb Raider with regard to camera style and environment (saying that, I've only played bits of TR I and TR II on my mates PS1 ages ago). I always really enjoyed Tomb Raider and The Angel of Darkness for PS2 has just been released, well this game is Lara for the Xbox, I can't wait to get home tonight to continue it.
The reason I gave it 3 stars is due to the glitches experienced the first time there was any heavy action. When defeating the first 2 ivory hunters the music playing started to go into a jerky loop which then affected the look of the graphics. I ended up restarting my console, but later, on scene 4 the music jerked slightly again but did rectify itself. I assumed I had a faulty disk, but after reading reviews here and at amazon.com noted I'm not the only one to experience this. Frankly, for a game of this quality, released by Lucas Arts and on a console as powerful as the Xbox, I find these kinds of errors unacceptable. If I had paid the RRP.£PRICE I would really want to know why this game was released slightly imperfect when it really didn't need to be.
THIS IS THE ONLY THING WRONG! Buy this game, you WILL love it, I DO!
Don't think me too harsh with this 3 star rating, as I said, I'm giving it because I think it could have been perfect and isn't, not because it is a bad game!
THIS GAME ROCKS! IT ROCKS!

5.0 out of 5 stars Indy's back!!, 22 May 2003
This review is from: Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb (Xbox) (Video Game)
Being a big fan of The Collective's previous Xbox title Buffy The Vampire Slayer, I was very pleased to hear they were tackling another world saving hero for their latest game. Indiana Jones & The Emperor's Tomb is the title, and as far as I'm concerned the game doesn't disappoint!
Using basically the same engine as for Buffy, the combat scenes are very well played out and mixed with a very challenging array of puzzles and whip swinging action! The game comprises of 10 massive levels and should keep you busy for quite some time. One of the best features is the way you can use a whole variety of background objects as weapons during a fight, such as table legs, chairs, liquor bottles etc. You can also use your trusty whip, various guns and knives and even acid bottle on one boss fight! It certainly adds some variety to the combat scenes.
The Indy character is really well drawn and, although not voiced by Harrison Ford himself, still sounds a lot like our hero. The music is instantly recognisable to Indy fans too, adding even more to the movie atmosphere!
Overall I would highly recommend this game. I'm hoping Indy will become the huge franchise that Tomb Raider is on the Playstation. A sequel please!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Fame and Glory?, 6 April 2003
This review is from: Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb (Xbox) (Video Game)
Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb is a good game. It is very similar to Buffy as it is made by the same company but it still has a distinctive feel. The mere addition of a whip that has many function including swinging between platforms, through glass windows and flicking weapons off enemies makes this game seriously addictive. The puzzles in the game are not frustrating and very simple and roaming around wandering what to do next is practically non existent here.
The graphics are nice, not amazing but provide the gamer with good eye candy like views from castles which stretch into the horizon. The controls are responsive making the fighting extremely satisfying and very 'movie-like'.
It only gets 4 stars because the music although very good does have a tendency to skip occasionally which is not acceptible really these days and there is the occasional slow down although this is quite rare.
Overall though this is a good game which most will enjoy.

3.0 out of 5 stars Very Good only for fans, 4 Mar 2004
This review is from: Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb (Xbox) (Video Game)
I bought this game because I am a big time fan of Indy. The main character looks like Indy and even sounds like him,the music is exactly the same as in the movies and you even get the famous whip!
The game though is like playing another Tomb Raider title but without Lara and without really good puzzles. The controls are easy to learn, and the character motion is very good especially when fighting. The graphics on the other hand are looking outdated, but still the locations look nice and they give you a pretty good feel of the era.
The levels are quite linear, meaning there aren't many ways to go. There is only one way and after a while it gets a little bit of a bore. Sure there are some puzzles envolved but they are pretty easy to figure out.
The whole expirience though feels like Indy. I just wish it had better graphics and a little bit more hard puzzles to solve
If you are a Indy fan buy it. Its fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars good game., 17 Dec 2012
This review is from: Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb (Xbox) (Video Game)
this is a xmax present but im sure my grandson will be delighted.plus it arrived well in time.he has the lego version which is quite funny.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb (Xbox)