4.0 out of 5 stars Hohner Big River
Solid Instrument by top make, tone tends to be towards crisp rather than mellow but gives a strong
vibrant responce.
I would like to test it against a special 20 to see which I prefer.
Published on 31 Mar 2011 by J. Shorthouse

3.0 out of 5 stars Good beginners Harmonica
The Hohner Big River is a quality instrument. Feels good and solid in the hand, very attractive thanks to the designs on the steel cover plates. They are nice and old fashioned looking and pretty cool!
Published on 10 May 2011 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Good beginners Harmonica, 10 May 2011
This review is from: Hohner Big River - Key of C (Electronics)
The sound is quite loud and strong. A few of the notes are quite easy to bend, even for a beginner like me. My only quibble is that a couple of the notes on the high end are weak and don't really sound properly. I'm going to try and rectify this myself by gently bending the reeds in question.
I'd recommend this to beginners or even advanced players as a good cheap way of getting into Harmonica, or as a back-up to more expensive instruments. If you can get one with strong notes all the way up the scale then I'd give it five stars. As it is I have to reduce the stars to three because of the trouble with a couple of notes.

4.0 out of 5 stars Hohner Big River, 31 Mar 2011
vibrant responce.
I would like to test it against a special 20 to see which I prefer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bright and Bluesy, 2 Dec 2010
This review is from: Hohner Big River - Key of C (Electronics)
It has a bright and bluesy sound, and looks the part. It is loud, and therefore good for busking, and is very affordable. If your wondering weather to by a silver star or this, for the money, this is definately worth it. It's in c, and can play a g blues. Make sure you take this into account when buying it, you may want to buy an f harmonica, and therefore have the flat 7th you need for a c blues.

3.0 out of 5 stars The Beginner's Mouth Organ., 23 April 2013
This review is from: Hohner Big River - Key of C (Electronics)
The item is sturdy and comes in an attractive casing and generally I like the sound of the instrument though there does seem to be a problem at the top of the register which is somewhat unsettling at times.

4.0 out of 5 stars quite a pleasant sound, 13 Feb 2011
This review is from: Hohner Big River - Key of C (Electronics)
The last time I tried to play an instrument was about 40 yrs ago in primary school recorder classes, I was encouraged to give "the harp" a go after trying out my niece's over Christmas.

Well, Stevie Wonder ain't exactly quakeing in his boots but "she who does the dishes" says it don't sound toooooooo bad when I practice so that alone should say a lot about the quality of this harmonica....and it comes in a box!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good harp., 24 Aug 2012
This review is from: Hohner Big River - Key of C (Electronics)
This is a very good harmonica at a really good price. I started off with a Special 20 and have tried other harps such as the Suzuki Bluesmaster and they are also very good. However, the Big River plays just as well as any and is significantly cheaper. The build quality and tone are excellent in my opinion, and it is part of the MS (modular system) harmonica range produced by Hohner which includes the Blues Harp, Cross Harp and Pro Harp which are a lot more expensive. The Big River has a plastic comb which I like and I would recommend this harp to anyone regardless of playing ability. I have bought three in different keys and I am happy with them all. Try one, you won't be disappointed and at the price it's a better buy than any other in the MS range.

4.0 out of 5 stars Big river, 10 Sep 2011
This review is from: Hohner Big River - Key of C (Electronics)
I'm just starting to play and getting on well with this item.
Good make,sound and price.
Delived quickly.
Would recommend to anyone

4.0 out of 5 stars Big River, 17 May 2014
This review is from: Hohner Big River - Key of C (Electronics)
Well-known brand. Mid-sized harmonica, grooves to hold by your finger. Sound is shrill, but still melodic. Numbering for ease of play! I'd say they are okay if a few people are in a group playing for fun. I don't think they'd be good for bluesy songs.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, 5 April 2014
This review is from: Hohner Big River - Key of C (Electronics)
I started to play a mouth organ when I was fourteen, more than fifty years ago. I bought this to start again and I'm impressed with the quality at a very reasonable price. Good tone and easy to play.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hohner Big River -Key of C, 5 April 2014
This review is from: Hohner Big River - Key of C (Electronics)
It was a birthday a surprise birthday gift for my friend, and he was thrilled with it. can easily create a tune.

Hohner Big River - Key of C