5.0 out of 5 stars Probably the greatest platform game ever made…
You’ll probably want an acceptable reason why I have rated Super Mario Sunshine a 5 star game and here it is. It’s Mario, he’s back and is better than ever…nuff said. Perhaps that wasn’t worthy enough to make this a helpful review, so to those who aren’t familiar with Mario games (may god help you) and need more than the above passage...
Published on 6 Jan 2004 by Tom Robinson

3.0 out of 5 stars A nice little holiday, but you wouldn't want to live there
Ah, 'Super Mario Sunshine', one of the little gaming gems that Nintendo promised for years, and the game considered to be the sequel to the Nintendo 64 game 'Super Mario 64'. I was there on the launch day of the Nintendo64, the geek that I am, and bought 'Super Mario 64' there and then. And I loved it. 'Super Mario Sunshine', then, had a lot to live up to. I bought it,...
Published on 11 April 2003 by phil_kendall

‹ Previous | 1 2 38 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars More than you could hope for, 9 Oct 2002
This review is from: Super Mario Sunshine (Video Game)
Just imagine all the bits about Mario 64 that you thought could have been improved, multiply it by 100, and you still haven't achieved the game which is Super Mario Sunshine.
First the obvious stuff. The graphics are by far and away better in every respect. Yes, some of the detail you might have expected is not there, but this is essentially a cartoon. Mario is introduced in glorious primary colours, and that is where he belongs. Introduce more detail and more colours, and you end up with something which is trying to be photo-realistic, and this is something Mario should never be.
The sound is brilliant, and if you have a surround sound TV, every sound is positioned exactly where it belongs, and you will always see the entity making the sound, where you expected it to be.
Now the important stuff - Gameplay. It took me 5 days of play (including having a life outside of Nintendo - yes it can be achieved!!), and I only have 37 Shines (the things you get by achieving various (more difficult than you might expect for Nintendo), objectives. In Nintendo speak, these are now Episodes in an ever expanding story.
Call me sad (I am 31!!), but my life now revolves around making it through the working day so I can get my next few stars before my wife gets in and acquires full ownership of the TV!
Buy this game, ruin your marriage, and give Mario what he deserves - a well earned holiday..... Exceptional.....

4.0 out of 5 stars fab game for kids and adults who love a bit of a gaming night, 13 July 2014
This review is from: Super Mario Sunshine (Video Game)
fab game for kids and adults who love a bit of a gaming night :) I would say yes to this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yaaaaaay, 17 Mar 2013
This review is from: Super Mario Sunshine (Video Game)
been looking for the game since I found my gamecube back out and my origional copy wasn't working! Playing it all day now!

5.0 out of 5 stars very good game?, 7 Jun 2012
This review is from: Super Mario Sunshine (Video Game)
I recommend this game is very good if you like other mario games. Mario goes to delfino plaza but is wrongly accused of spreading goo but it was actually shadow mario... The controls are very simple, and using F.L.U.D.D is easy too. If you played super mario 64, you'll realise it's similar. But the final battle is way different to other games... theres loads of bullet bills and bowser JR calles peach mamma peach. (you fight bowser in a bath tub) Do you like cut scenes? if you do there's loads in this game. The worlds are 1. bianco hills 2. ricco harbour 3. gelato beach 4. noki bay 5. sirena beach 6. pianta village 7. corona mountain. lots huh? I hope this useful 1 more thing... F.L.U.D.D is that water pump thingimajiggy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 27 May 2012
This review is from: Super Mario Sunshine (Video Game)
Prompt delivery as promised. According to my 9 yrs son, the game is in excellent condition, in fact this is now his favourite game. He can't play it enough (which isn't really a good thing!!).

4.0 out of 5 stars he's like a kid again, 2 May 2012
This review is from: Super Mario Sunshine (Video Game)
when the game arrived in the post, my other half's face lit up like a child at Christmas. He plays the game quite a lot, always finds quirky little things to show me and my kids love watching him play. Its a very family friendly game, unlike COD which I don't let my partner play around the kids. It's happy, young, innocent fun and makes my fella very happy :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad but..., 25 Feb 2012
This review is from: Super Mario Sunshine (Video Game)
I was missing this game in my collection, but after buying it I feel like this game is just that: some (minor) part of your Mario collection.
Overall there is a lack of polish in this game compared to other Mario games, even Mario 64 is a much more mature game.
The water pump annoys me every time and it was a poor (and sad) idea by the Mario team.
However, if you have played every single Mario, from every generation, you know there is something unique and special in every Mario game and this one is no exception. In essence it is pretty much a Mario game, and a good one, but not awesome.

4.0 out of 5 stars supermario, 10 Jan 2012
This review is from: Super Mario Sunshine (Video Game)
brought this game for my 7 year old son for christmas apart from mario super bros its his favorate game so he was over the moon to get this as a replacement copy as his was not working all the way through. Arrived in time for christmas and so far working well.

5.0 out of 5 stars 2nd Best Mario Game, 9 Sep 2011
This review is from: Super Mario Sunshine (Video Game)
Well At First I thought It Was Going To Be A Good Game But I Was Wrong It Was An Awsome Mario Game So When I First Played This Game It Was A Bit Boring At The Start But Later On In The Game It Gets Better Well Its Nearly As Good As Super Mario Galaxy 2 This Game Its Great Go and Have Fun With The Game

4.0 out of 5 stars Mario's still shining, 2 Sep 2011
This review is from: Super Mario Sunshine (Video Game)
Really good game hours of fun to be had, I lost most of my Gamecube games when I traded in to get hold of a Wii and regretted it ever since. Absoloutely fantastic game well worth getting hold of an old Cube controller and memory card so you can play the old titles, this is the first of many I will be getting.

‹ Previous | 1 2 38 | Next ›

Super Mario Sunshine
Super Mario Sunshine by Nintendo (GameCube)
Used & New from: £11.93