5.0 out of 5 stars Guaranteed to get the heart pumping
Although missing the slightly odd humour and delicious Zach Braff, the soundtrack to NBC's Scrubs is one not to be missed by fans of the show new to Channel 4 this year.
Published on 29 Dec 2002

3.0 out of 5 stars Scrubs CD
As a scrubs fan I was looking forward to listening to this CD. Although it contains some great tracks; I believe (and it is an opinion)there has been better songs covered on the show.
Published on 29 Oct 2009 by M. Graham

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Guaranteed to get the heart pumping, 29 Dec 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Scrubs OST (Audio CD)
Listing songs shown throughout episodes, the tracks reflect the rollercoaster ride of emotions that the characters experience. Particular favourites of mine being 'Good Life', which makes my heart melt everytime I hear it, and the outrageously catchy 'Good Time' by Leroy( which sadly I can't find the lyrics to anywhere!).
For those who haven't seen Scrubs (and I thoroughly recommend they do) the songs are just as good to hear without knowing from which episode they come from or to which character they relate to. I found it particularly interesting to hear such amazing tunes from artists I had never heard of, and am now scouring the internet for their albums.

4.0 out of 5 stars Scrubs Sounds, 8 Oct 2002
This review is from: Scrubs OST (Audio CD)
Being an avid fan of the medical spoof show Scrubs to receive the soundtrack was fabulous. The Scrubs soundtrack has caught the mood of the show perfectly.
Both opening and closing credit tracks are included. Superman by Lazlo Bane is a totally humbling banjo filled tune, which opens the show in style. With the lyrics "You've crossed the finish line, won the race but lost you mind, was it worth it after all?" this song is realistic one at that.
The whole album is an excellent mixture of genres. Each has tune has happily left its stamp on the CD, including a surprisingly mellow track - 'Fresh Feeling' by the Eels.
All the songs have captured the insanity and moral ridden theme of the show. Like Scrubs itself the soundtrack surprises you with a live version of Hallelujah by John Cale which I believe was in the Christmas episode of the comedy, and a respectable tune by The Shins which certainly reminds me of a 60's track thrown into the 21st Century.
Now I was going to complain that the CD doesn't include A Little Respect by Erasure that was played throughout an entire episode, BUT! When I play my CD on my computer the Ending credits is listed as 'A Little Respect'. Confused? So are the CDDB's! But despite this little glitch The Scrubs soundtrack by Hollywood Records is well worth the money (and the 7 weeks I waited to get it imported!).

5.0 out of 5 stars You owe it to yourself..., 18 Oct 2004
This review is from: Scrubs OST (Audio CD)
Brilliant... there are at least two tracks on here that move me to tears - in good way! Leaves me with a curioulsy elated feeling every time play it... you owe it to yourself to buy this CD. You'll end up buying the back catalogue of most of these artists but it has to be done...

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Music from a Great Show!, 28 Feb 2004
Uni Student - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Scrubs OST (Audio CD)
From the first time I watched Scrubs I was hooked in its theme tune "Superman" by Lazlo Bane. So I decided to purchase the soundtrack from Amazon.
The Amazon Service, as per usual, was excellent and I recieved it in only 2 days. The soundtrack contains some excellent songs including "Good Time" and "Have It All" along with many others, you may never have heard of but I can assure you will enjoy listening to them if you buy the soundtrack!
A definte buy with a small information book, and if you put the CD into you PC you can access some special features on the internet!

5.0 out of 5 stars MMMMMM......Scrubsy, 18 Oct 2008
I'll be honest - this won't be an unbiased review. I'm guessing that most people who will purchase/consider purchasing this will be fans of Scrubs, so I am reviewing it from this perspective. I am a Scrubs fanatic, and, like the rest of my kind, I know how impressive the soundtrack has been over the years. This CD is a good collection of those songs.

Obviously, the more well-known artists wouldn't have wanted their songs on this, as they are high-profile in their own right (eg/ Boston, Toto). However, Scrubs has always been a source of exciting new music for me (I don't know if the music is popular in the USA, but its certainly always been new to me). They way the songs are involved in and complement the storyline is one of the things that sets Scrubs apart from other top-class sitcoms - for me, it is unique in this respect.

So, if you recall the Scrubs songs from moments in the show, this CD is unlikely to disappoint. It would have been nice to have the following featured:

The Fray - How to Save a Life
The Coral - Dreaming of You (my personal favourite)
Men At Work - Land Down Under

but, as I said, the high-profile artists don't really feature on this album. For me, the personal highlights are:

Lazlo Bane - Superman
and
Guided By Voices - Hold on Hope

but there are so many great songs, and I love 'Fighting for My Love' and 'Overkill'. Listening to all of the songs brings back memories from the show and can bring me hours of joy. My least favourite song is Track 11, but only because I can't really remember where that was in the show, and even that is growing on me. It would have been nice if the CD was a bit longer, as there are other great songs from Scrubs, but the ones on the album are all top notch.

So, all in all, if you like Scrubs and remember the songs, you're likely to love this album. If you don't watch the show, then... it might still be worth a punt. Personally, I think the Scrubs soundtrack is fresh and original, and good music in its own right, but, of course, I find it hard to be unbiased. I won't go into detail on any of the songs, as I don't want to rob anyone of what should be a lovely experience, but I will say this.....THIS CD IS A MUST FOR EVERY SCRUBS FAN.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the soundtrack!, 28 Oct 2006
Absolutely one of the best soundtracks i have ever bought, you can link all of the songs to some part of the show and it just reminds you of all the funny moments with JD. Even if your not a scrubs fun there is some brilliant music on this CD.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good for a tv tie-in, 2 May 2007
Andrew Curtis (Radstock, England) - See all my reviews
I'm not normally a fan of american comedies, or their cd tie-ins. But Scrubs is the exception. The series itself makes considerable use of contemporary music, and whilst any disc like this is bound to be a little arbitrary in it's selection, this doesn't make a bad effort with it's choices. Many of the tracks have a similar feel, but the compilation doesn't overly suffer from the 'skip the track' factor that many of the type do. My personal favourite - 'Dracula from Houston', and the two Colin Hay numbers.

This disc only contains tracks from season 1, which is a shame as there is much good music in the next season also.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great selection..., 10 Mar 2006
Miss "crazyminx" (Coventry) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Scrubs OST (Audio CD)
If I had to describe this CD in one word it would be 'uplifting'. It's one of those great compilations that has something for every mood and will always leave you smiling.
It's also very representative of the TV programme. Like Scrubs, it has some very cheerful, fun moments - represented by the get-up-and-dance 'Dracula from Houston' and the sing-a-long 'All In My Head' - and it also has some more contemplative, sweet, soul-searching moments - represented by the heartbreakingly bittersweet 'Good Life' and the fantastic rock ballad 'Have It All'.
In addition, a couple of acoustic guitar style songs by the gentle-but-cool Colin Hay are featured, which is a treat as Colin has appeared on the show on a couple of occasions (notably on 'My Overkill', the first episode of season 2). Of course the series' theme tune is also included, the excellent 'Superman'.
All in all, although the music style is mostly light-ish rock, the album has something for everyone - fast songs, slow songs, happy songs, sad songs, and it also seems to have a message. This is probably summarised best by the great song 'Hold On Hope'. This CD, like the show, is all about trying to have a positive outlook and make the most of life. Buy it, you won't regret it, it'll get you up and smiling on even the worst days.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great soundtrack to a great TV show, 5 Sep 2006
P. A. Parker "Tom Parker" (UK, Leamington Spa) - See all my reviews
I am very bigs Scrubs fan myself but I hope I can review the soundtrack without to major a bias.

Anyone who watches the program will know that alot of the emotional parts and the funny parts are backgrounded by a very apt and often lend a great intereral backbone to the story.

When reading the names of the songs on the back of the CD I have to admit I didnt recognise a single one (apart from the often remade classic "Halleluja") but when listening to the music, you find that most of the songs are recognisiable from the show and often you can pinpoint what episode a certain track was from.

The overall mentality of the soundtrack is one of music to suit many moods. The first track "Superman" is a very fitting into song to Scrubs and while it takes a short time when listening to it to ajust to the fact that the song itself is noticably slower than the edit played at the start of all the episodes.

Two fantastic track come from the brilliant 'Shins'. The tracks "Fresh Feeling" and "New Slang" are perfect music to unwind to. Francis Dunnery has a beautiful track "Good Life" which, coupled with Colin Haye's "Beautiful World" and "Overkill", give that perfect thoughtful mood.

There are one or two dodgy tracks, eg. "All In My Head" which isnt really to my taste but on the whole it is a fantasic compilation.

My personal favorite is the song "Have It All" by Jeremy Kay which is the quintessential 'wake-up' song I think I have ever heard in my life.

Buy this CD some of the songs will soon become favorites.

3.0 out of 5 stars Scrubs CD, 29 Oct 2009
M. Graham "Bedevil" (Southwick) - See all my reviews

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Scrubs OST
Scrubs OST by Various (Audio CD - 2002)