5.0 out of 5 stars Lord of the Trance, 2 July 2002
This review is from: In My Memory (Audio CD)
Being a long-term trance aficionado, DJ Tiesto has been my saviour amongst a sea of terrible pop trance. The likes of Ian Van Dahl and Fragma have entered the Top Ten with their cheese of the month and given trance a bad name. But for those of you who have followed Tiesto's work or seen him play live, it is difficult to name anyone else who has mastered the art of trance. So onto In My Memory, the long-awaited artist album from the man. The biggie trance tunes are now well-known, with Flight 643, Lethal Industry and Surburban Train taking their rightful place in the middle of the tracklisting. Opener Magik Journey reflects Tiesto's typical DJ sets, moving from ambient, to hard-hitting trance, ending with classical ambience - a journey indeed. In My Memory is destined to be a classic in the months to come, Obsession will undoubtedly get you moving and the more downtempo tunes are on par with the best work by Chicane. And don't forget the CD of remixes, featuring retuning by some of the best names in trance. Top marks have to go to Airwave with their reworking of In My Memory. So, while the kids carry on buying the sickly pop trance, I will be down the front at Tiesto's next gig!

5.0 out of 5 stars Music with Intelligence, 2 Dec. 2002
M. Wilcox "elvendil" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: In My Memory (Audio CD)
Now here's something that surprised me. This is the dance equivillent of an Opera. I mean that in as good a way as can be...
This is an album that follows a theme and tells an emotional journey. It is very very clever, it has real thought behind it and it has real feeling too.
Tiesto is a well renowned DJ for his mixing, most will recognise him from his 'In Search of Sunrise' remix of the brilliant track by Delerium, 'Silence'. Well, he's not just a remix master, but a great song writer too. Get this album if you want dance with a lot more depth and thought than your usual compilation stuff...

4.0 out of 5 stars DJ TiŽsto - His music stays in my memory, 19 Jan. 2003
This review is from: In My Memory (Audio CD)
I have only given CD 4 out of 5 stars because of the second CD of remixes, which doesn't live up to expectations. The first CD, all produced by TiŽsto is brilliant, but I feel that the second CD lets it down. Every track on the first CD is superb, melodic, warm trance, my favourite is Suburban Train but the tracks on the second tend to get a little boring. If you are a fan of DJ TiÍsto like myself then its certainly worth buying.

5.0 out of 5 stars A No1 Album from the No1 DJ, 2 May 2004
This review is from: In My Memory (Audio CD)
This is Tiesto's first album and includes all of his dance floor hits including the massive Surburban Train and Lethal Industry. Aswell as hard progressive trance from these tracks there are also calmer moments where Tiesto's amazing talent can be seen with progressive trance. Songs such as Magik Journey, Battleship Grey and Close to you might not get you dancing but i guarantee you shall feel uplifted by the end of any of them, wheather its the great string sound of magik journey or the beautifully floaty vocals by Jan Johnston on Close to you these tracks just get to you and you shall be repeatedly replaying them for many years to come.
Tiesto is the master and cannot be challenged for the No1 crown that he has earnt. BUY IT!!!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars In my memory oh yes it is, 10 Jan. 2005
This review is from: In My Memory (Audio CD)
Got this album a time ago and never got around to bless TIESTO again with a another outstanding album.
In my memory gives it away a mean that song alone is cool.First song best intro ive ever heard magik journey a fairly hard trance at start into the sweet gracefull sounds of battleship grey.Dallas 4pm very funky with likes of lethal industry and dont forget flight643.Obession nice deep proggessive tunes and then to finish some wicked remixes of the songs and urban train,surburban train and one last thing LOVES ON FIRE WOW.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant CD from a brilliant DJ!!, 13 May 2004
This review is from: In My Memory (Audio CD)
What can I say about this cd aside from fantastic!!I don't think there is one bad track on this album,although my favourite is the title track In My Memory a beautiful track with haunting lyrics.Tiesto is one of my fave DJs and if his new cd Just Be is as good as this one is I shall be one happy bunny!!
Buy this album now you won't be disappointed it's perfect from start to finish..

4.0 out of 5 stars Battleship Grey? More "summer breeze", 12 Dec. 2002
R. Wallace "DrK" (London) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: In My Memory (Audio CD)
You know I could be very wrong, but I really think that within DJ Tiesto's soul resides a musician, who although is writing and mixing the best trance music around these days -has so much more scope to write songs that belong to no classification (such as BT, Hybrid). The title track of this CD with the etheral voice of Kirsty Hawkshaw is absolutely fantastic! It sounds like Dido's third album might, if she turns away from the pop star idolitary! This is not trance, it is beautifully crafted music! Jan Johnston's contribution "close to you" is almost equally enthralling - in fact if he wrote a CD with his style and their voices - we would have a true classic in our midst! That aside, if pure trance is your cup of tea, this CD will not disappoint! Highlights include the opening "Magik journey" and of course the club classic "Urban Train". Tiesto is still relatively unknown, but he is teaching a few of his contemporaries this..........if you want to churn out the same old stuff CD after CD you will fade to oblivion - if you want to reach the top of the pile you produce more CD's such as this! End of the day it is not genres such as "trance" that make you, it is your music!! Listen to Battleship Grey and judge for yourselves! Beautiful. his best CD to date.

4.0 out of 5 stars Finally..., 30 Jun. 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: In My Memory (Audio CD)
The long awaited new CD from Dutch Trance mater Tiesto, it includes some new material, along with some tunes that show just how long this ablumn has been in the making,with some (eg Flight 643) already engrained as essential tunes in their own rights. Great for trance lovers and Tiesto fans, others may not enjoy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars The original, 6 July 2013
This review is from: In My Memory (Audio CD)
Had the when it first came out and lent it to a friend and never got it back so purchased it again. A brilliant example of how good Tiesto was in early days before he went all international stardom.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tiesto trancer!!, 18 April 2004
This review is from: In My Memory (Audio CD)
I have been a fan of this fella for sum time now, his outings with Corsten, remain favourites of mine. I really have been so into this album for ages, I just keep playing it! I have to say i didn't really no if he could make a album brimming with quality(his peers have more or less failed, Timo Maas spring's to mind) but he has. From the opening track to the last (actually the same song, with a near identical mix) it blasts, warms and soothes your ears, to such an extent that the hairs on your neck will stand up to pay attention!!!

In My Memory
In My Memory by Tiesto (Audio CD - 2002)