5.0 out of 5 stars Killer album
All rock fans can point to a particular record and declare that it was the one that got them into the genre. In my case, it is a split between this meisterwerk and Ozzy's Bark at the Moon - or I wouldn't be here now doing this.

Published on 20 Mar 2007 by longdirtyhair

3.0 out of 5 stars sound-wise very good, but the song writing is not so good
A fair album by Accept, sound-wise very good, but the song writing is not so good.
Published 2 months ago by MR M HARRIGAN

5.0 out of 5 stars Killer album, 20 Mar 2007
This review is from: Metal Heart (Audio CD)

I still can't agree with critics who call it a commercial release. Better tunes and a more polished production are a bonus in my book, and for me this is their best album by a street. Admittedly, Screaming for Love Bite (which I think they inexplicably released as a single) is utter rubbish, but the rest of the album is pure quality.

The vacuous song titles do perhaps betray a longing to crack the American market, but songs like Wrong is Right, Dogs on Leads, and Too High to Get it Right, are still way too heavy for a serious stab at the Big Time. Melodically, this album has a few tunes which even the Scorpions would have loved to have written, but weren't heavy enough to do so.

The weaving of Beethoven on electric guitar into Metal Heart is genius, and the brilliant closing track, Bound to Fail has both a serious riff, and an epic, choral feel to it.

This album is just so easy to listen to - in the car, the kitchen, the bedroom. It fits anywhere. A great, great album, with some brilliant Rock tunes. Yes, I think you should own it.

4.0 out of 5 stars metal heart review, 14 Oct 2010
This review is from: Metal Heart (Audio CD)
This is an excellent album which was well packaged and worth the money however i was not impressed with Dodax' in that every time i order from them it takes approximately 3 weeks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Accept 'Metal Heart' [2002 remastered edition], 11 Oct 2013
This review is from: Metal Heart (Audio CD)
I love Accept. I love this album. And now I love this remaster! I got all of 4 CD's of this serie and I think this is the best remaster version

5.0 out of 5 stars 666, 26 Jan 2013
This review is from: Metal Heart (Audio CD)
i am really happy that finally accept especially that LP found place on my shelf, that's all i have to say

5.0 out of 5 stars Metal Heart, 10 Jan 2013
This review is from: Metal Heart (Audio CD)
An album full of Heavy Metal Classics. Brilliant musicianship with a neo-classical edge (listen to Metal Heart). Carefull when driving too "Up to the Limit".

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheesey 80's metal, 11 Feb 2009
This review is from: Metal Heart (Audio CD)
This album is great if you like cheesey 80's metal at it's spandex best! Great catchy metal rifts with some dodgy lyrics. I know I shouldn't really admit it but I love this album.

3.0 out of 5 stars sound-wise very good, but the song writing is not so good, 2 Oct 2014
MR M HARRIGAN (Royston, Hertfordshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic Speedmetal, 24 Oct 2013
This review is from: Metal Heart (Audio CD)
I've known this album any years ago, in fact I became an true heavy-metal fan when I heard ' Metal Heart ', particularly the solo...
It's one of the best heavy metal albums I've known, in my opinion.
Strong and catchy melodies.
A must in a collection.

Recommended !

3.0 out of 5 stars Teutonic shenanigans, 5 April 2008
D. J. H. Thorn "davethorn13" (Hull, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Metal Heart (Audio CD)
The Norse pomp with which Accept open this album suggests they would have preferred to have called themselves something like Thor. Working in English as a foreign language is likely to lead to songs that leave nothing to the imagination and that's the case here, but it's all done in great spirit. They have a vocalist who sounds as if he's being boiled in oil and backing vocals provided by what sounds like the recently buried. You get used to both after a while and the album tends to improve as it progresses. I especially like 'Teach Us To Survive' which has a modicum of subtlety and shows that they're not a one-trick band, though Accept's forte is rabble-rousing, something they showcase well on the two live bonuses. The title track suggests that they're not so good at trying more ambitious structures, and this is highlighted by the track that follows, the vibrant 'Midnight Mover.' Not the greatest hard rock album by any means, but, on the whole, quite entertaining.

Metal Heart
Metal Heart by Accept (Audio CD - 2004)