4.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money, but (nitpicky, nitpicky)...
For those who missed Transvision Vamp's few stellar moments in the late 80's / early 90's will find this compilation excellent. It will make them wonder why this band - with a penchant for groovy melody, sexy singer with good voice and combination of brooding bass lines with electric/acoustic guitars - stopped short of world domination.
This compilation is a...
Published on 20 Mar 2006 by Borjan Komarica

3.0 out of 5 stars Ladies first
Published 14 months ago by Geert van Gelder

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money, but (nitpicky, nitpicky)..., 20 Mar 2006
Borjan Komarica (Zagreb, Croatia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Baby I Don't Care - The Collection (Audio CD)
This compilation is a collection of every good track (that was or should've been a hit) they ever published with - of course - few omissions from the "Velveteen" album which ranks among TOP 3 of my favourite albums of the 80's (along ABC's "Lexicon Of Love" and Propaganda's "A Secret Wish"). Those tracks are: "Pay The Ghosts", "Falling For A Goldmine" and "Down on you".
Also, "Trash City" and "Psyhosonic Cindy" from the first album ("Pop-Art") are missing, which is a travesty.
Thankfully, shoud've-been-hit "Sister Moon" is included as well as "Kiss Their Sons".
Finally, all three stand-out tracks from their last album ("Little Magnets...") are here. Too bad that album missed the mark by softening their sound (which was ultimately their doom)...
BTW, I was probably too harsh for deducing one star for the ommisions of the five songs mentioned - but hey! I own all the albums and know what gems are missing. Heck, I'm gonna put it right now in the CD player!
Believe me, you won't find another album with so many excellent songs

5.0 out of 5 stars blast from the past, 23 Sep 2002
This review is from: Baby I Don't Care - The Collection (Audio CD)
oh the bleached hair and the pouting pale pink lips, i'd forgotten how good dearest wendy sounded until i dusted off my old tapes. Definatley worth getting on CD even if just for nostalgia!

5.0 out of 5 stars grrrrrrreat, 22 April 2014
This review is from: Baby I Don't Care - The Collection (Audio CD)
got this cd for my hubbys birthday, he love tranvision vamp, since I listened to the cd I love um to, they sound brilliant and on top of that its in perfect nik and arrived in double quick time im impressed thanks to amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars bang, 7 April 2014
Victor Preston "gvb" (birmingham, west mids United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Baby I Don't Care - The Collection (Audio CD)
sex on a stick with a cool punk attitude.
a handful of great singles before they exploded.
Costello was waiting with a limp bunch of songs.
his true intention was never revealed.
come back Wendy we need some bang in the charts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Baby I Don't Care - The Collection, 30 Mar 2014
This review is from: Baby I Don't Care - The Collection (Audio CD)
Great collection of singles for a great boppy guitar band of the eighties. Very enjoyable revisiting this bands music. Thanks

4.0 out of 5 stars Memories, 4 July 2013
childhood memories were re-awoken when listen to this album, was good all them years ago and is still good now

5.0 out of 5 stars Memories flooded back!, 2 Jun 2013
great album! great voice, great guitar riffs & memories, this album is a must! Buy this album if you need a memory jolt!

4.0 out of 5 stars oooooh wendy james, 14 May 2013
This review is from: Baby I Don't Care - The Collection (Audio CD)
This album would be 5 stars if it was a double cd .All their 12' singles should be on a seperate disc as if this collection featured trash city,psychosonic cindy,sex kick and pay the ghosts then I'd give this a whopping 5 stars ....oh and velveteen on the collection is not as good as the album version either (anyone spot the difference on velveteen ?).
As I recall Wendy James loved bands like blondie,siouxsie and the banshees,the clash and the stranglers and you could tell straight away after 'I want your love' reached number 5 they were gonna be good but didn't last as long as I'd thought for even though ' baby i don't care' reached higher the following year making number 3.
The primitives tried to go the same way but not in the same league as THEIR only good song was 'crash' and the lead singer was so boring to watch on stage too.
I see the Vamps twice live in London, once when the Pop art tour and then when they did their Velveteen tour which was fantastic I may add.
It's a shame they had to split so early as I reckon they should have tried for a 4 th album to see if they could be as good as their first two albums
And now you can buy the recently released 2 disc editions of POP ART and VELVETEEN which includes b- sides and 12' versions of songs still being unfair by not doing their 3rd album LITTLE MAGNETS Vs THE BUBBLE OF BABBLE as a 2 disc edition

3.0 out of 5 stars Ladies first, 5 May 2013
This review is from: Baby I Don't Care - The Collection (Audio CD)
Perhaps Wendy James (singer) is not the best voice in Ronk'n'Roll or even in punk, but together with this band she managed to produce some stunning music, some hard and harsh, some quite sensitive. Next to the two smash-hits "I Want Your Love" and "Baby I Don't Care" there's lots of good stuff on this album, like "Velveteen" and "Bad Valentine". This band deserved more then they got.

5.0 out of 5 stars All of their hits and more., 4 Oct 2012
All of their hits and more.

The first 4 tracks on the album get the most play on my ipod but it's worth getting the whole album.

I like the late 80's / early 90's punk/pop sound of Transvision Vamp's most sucessful hits and Wendy James had a very pleasing if slightly funky vocal talent.

One or two tracks drift into an almost sentimental rock n' roll (eg, Landslide of Love) which I do enjoy, but my favourites are those first four tracks with Revolution Baby taking 1st place!

The music still sounds good and although some will regard it as dated (with references in a couple of tracks to very 1980's issues), this is a must buy for any former fan and anyone who enjoys electric guitars and a cool female vocal lead.

Baby I Don't Care - The Collection
Baby I Don't Care - The Collection by Transvision Vamp (Audio CD - 2002)