on 28 September 2005
Warcraft is one of the forerunners of the large real time strategy genre and is certainly one of the better offerings in terms of playability and longevity. As one of the oldest it appears dated in terms of graphics, but this doesn't detract from the game play. The main aim is to play as orc or human and destroy the opposing side in a series of scenarios, gathering resources in order to build bigger, better and faster. Its major failing as far as I am concerned is that it gets too hard and therefore dull. If you don't act quickly enough at the start of a level you can be overwhelmed and even if you are quick the struggle can be extremely long and tedious, particularly when you have to destroy every enemy unit and building.
The other alternative is to use the available cheats, which leaves a bit of a bad taste in the mouth once you are over 8 years old.
I would recommend Age of Empires II as the better game, being more balanced, easier to multiplay and has more variety. But at the end of the day Warcraft will always be a fiver well spent.
on 29 March 2002
Warcraft is a 6 year old PC game, with out dated graphics and a sequal, soon with a threqual. But it's still brilliant. play as either orcs, the green-skinned freaks or Humans, which are, well humans. Warcraft is a stratagy, each race with different buildings, and with different units. Orcs have Temples and Necrolytes, where as humans have Churches and Clerics. The technology is is sort of medevil, because humans have peasants and footmen(and about 20 other different units). There is also alot of magic, with the human congerers and orc warlocks useing powerfull spells like rain of fire and raise the dead. This game is brilliant. If you like statagy, get this game (and its sequal).
on 25 August 2015
Great game it is just a shame I never got to play it. I received a World of Warcraft trading card game pack and not this CD ROM. I don't want to send it back though because the air ambulance is a very good charity and I give to this charity whenever I see them.
on 29 October 2014
i would not install on my computer. It is really not worth buying. You may as well watch a walkthrough on Youtube.
on 29 April 2013
great i would recomend this product to a friend, as it was on time and as described. . . :)
on 14 November 2010
If you have Windows 7 (probably Windows Vista too) it won't work, so don't bother buying this. I bought this only to find it does not work because it is imcompatible even when my comptuer meets all the specifications it says on the back of the case, which is disapointing.
I wanted this game because people make such a big deal out of World of Warcraft (which I don't play) so I did my research and saw this was the first game in the series and decided to buy it. If Blizzard think they are going to get me to play WoW or any other of their games then they should at least make it so it works on my up to date computer.