5.0 out of 5 stars Tragedy makes me Happy*, 7 Nov 2002
Ms. L. Cdaligan "LauraRedWitch" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Assembly (Audio CD)
Ill give this album 5 stars, not because I feel it is one of the most profound albums ive ever heard etc but because it pure and simply makes me happy... I can't get enough of it, it's fun (yay fun Goth!) once I got over some of the darn funny lyrics and gave in trying to pretend that I dont like 8o's euro pop sounding male vocals... which ofcourse I do...I fell in love with pretty much all of the songs. Its a great album to put on when you're getting ready to go out and Rock at the weekends (infact it's a great album to go running to but i guess that isn't good rock and roll credentials eh?!) Standout tracks for me are 'Automatic Lover' which just puts you in the mood to shake your ass for the whole album:), 'Super Drive'... wow a beautiful, happy tune about a french girl (and yes the lyrics really do go "He put on his shirt knowing he's pert".) 'Let you down'... dump your bloke in style with this great disco rock anthem!!! and 'Flickerlight'... is absolutely excellent... even though the line "if you like to check him check him" sounds FAR too scarily like "if you like to chicken chicken"... but hey to a song like that even chicken would be good!! All in all its excellent, an album that will get you up bopping in your best PVC and wishing you too were up on stage singing 'chicken chicken'...

5.0 out of 5 stars Even better than ['mju:zik] !!!, 6 Mar 2002
This review is from: Assembly (Audio CD)
Obviously with T.O.T's new electropop-metal direction now well established, this wasn't as much of a shock as the first time I heard ['mju:zik]. Indeed this album is really just a continuation and further refinement of the new style. It's an improvement though, which when you consider my rating for the previous album is saying something and I'm pretty sure that 'Album of the Year' status beckons (and it's barely March!).
As ever, Liv Kristine Espanees voice is simply beautiful and crushes any negative feelings you might have about Raymond's slightly strange vocal contributions. She is truly one of those singers who makes anything sound gorgeous and frankly (as some of the lyrics are...tainted by accentual problems - see 'Glimmerlight', and no it doesn't say 'Do you like to CHICKEN, CHICKEN!) this is a good thing otherwise T.O.T. could possibly be consigned to the loweer echelons and written off as a hopeless euro-popmetal joke.
Of course some people will rue the day they took off their black clothes and stopped being Metal-Goth's with an 'All About Eve' fixation, but personally I think it was the best move they ever
made.

Assembly
Assembly by Theatre of Tragedy (Audio CD - 2002)
Click for more info