5.0 out of 5 stars A refreshing change
What a refreshing album to have appeared in the charts. When my sister lent me the album to listen to I thought it was a relatively un-known artist who she'd had the good fortune to discover. But then I walked into my local music shop and there it was sitting at number 12 in the charts!
Norah Jones has a wonderfully mellow voice, and the songs that she has chosen...
Published on 25 Jun 2002 by cheryl-anne

2.0 out of 5 stars Wallpaper music
I'm afraid I expected more in the way of jazz singing than what is on offer here. Norah seems to rely on a sultry heavy breathing style which is ok for a number or two, but it all blends into a syrupy sameness after a couple of tracks. Even my wife said can we not listen to something less boring!
Published 21 months ago by Benledi

‹ Previous | 115 16 17 18 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Norah Jones - a Star in the Making, 5 Nov 2003
This review is from: Come Away With Me (Audio CD)
Norah Jones is a star waiting in the wings. She is a very gifted artist whose voice is one you always remember. A slow smoothe style, a bit like choclate melting in the mouth.
The Come Away With Me debut album is excellent. Every track is superb although I do have my favourites: Don't Know Why I Didn't Come, Cold Cold Heart, Turn Me On, One Flight Down to name but four. A fabulous first effort by Norah. I say well done to her because this album donesn't fall into any specific genre. It's a varied style throughout all the tracks.
For anyone who appreciates good music, Come Away With me is a must-have album. Norah is going to be a big big star, I just know it. I shall remain a big fan.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 29 Aug 2014
Lovely

4.0 out of 5 stars Special, 12 Nov 2003
Allan Cowley (Glasgow, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Come Away With Me (Audio CD)
This is one of those albums that escapes from the limitations of being included in a certain genre. Whatever your usual musical preferences are, Come Away With Me is a must have album. Ms Jones can not only write beautiful music but can add a deeply passionate vocal to it.
This album has already been classified as part jazz, part country and part soul. All this is true. It just shows that true quality is hard to pin down to one area of music.
If you are in love, have been in love, want to be in love or simply have a heart, this is for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars one flight down, 13 Aug 2002
This review is from: Come Away With Me (Audio CD)
This song is sheer genius. A down tempo melody alongside the totally original and warming voice of Norah herself. The lyrics are peotry in motion and are powerful enough to bring a tear to anyones eye.The song is a metaphor like most of the songs on the album but is definitely my favourite due to the beautiful melody created and encompassing emotion of the song as a whole.
excellent!

Good

3.0 out of 5 stars Why so long?, 28 Mar 2003
andrew jacob (london United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Come Away With Me (Audio CD)
This was a relaxing CD and with its hit single success and numerous plays eventually made it with spectacular recognition. Given that it must have been released over 9 months ago it is hard to know whether it took that long for listeners to get to know a new artist or the DJs had to be "drawn to water".
Probably unlikely to retain the fascination that Cassidy received so belatedly

5.0 out of 5 stars Suprisingly amazing, 6 July 2009
This review is from: Come Away With Me (MP3 Download)
I don't usually listen to this sort of music, I prefer R&B and soul. However, I found this album suprisingly amazing and I've almost worn my copy out. My favourite tract is the last one, it is so beautiful.

I have recently found a new song that is just a beautiful by Marcus Smith, its called Where Have U Gone (Unplugged) and it is unbelievable. If you have not heard it you must!

5.0 out of 5 stars blows you away........., 8 Sep 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Come Away With Me (Audio CD)
A truly amazing voice and fantastic album! I heard just a little of "come away with me" and went hunting the shops for the album!! I listened to the rest of the album and was blown away by the talent. All of the songs have meaning, depth and enjoyable to listen to. This cd is a must have in everybody's collection. Trust me on this one, just buy it!

‹ Previous | 115 16 17 18 | Next ›

Come Away With Me
Come Away With Me by Norah Jones (Audio CD - 2002)