Shop now Shop Clothing clo_fly_aw15_NA_shoes Shop All Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop Amazon Fire TV Shop now Shop Fire HD 6 Shop Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Shop now

on 31 March 2002
After a few weeks of listening to this cd I can say that there aren't really any stand out tracks, infact they all kind of merge into each other. This album is full of songs that just seem to be ..well.. not very interesting. If you listen to Orange or Worry you get everything you could ever want from a rock / punk / indie / in fact anything album - the stuff here just tends to be very unmemorable. Shame cos I'm sure live these tracks will be great .
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
I'm a big fan of this album. I wasn't too impressed at first as I didn't think it compared to Orange. But it does, and it's totally different. For me, the experimentation in this album is to drop the experiments and go back to basics - and it's great
on 12 April 2002
Just as Jon Spencer should be cleaning up critically and commercially, his pioneering vision of punk-fuelled blues now exonerated more than ever by the popularity of the White Stripes / Hives et al, he goes and records a decidedly average album. DAMN!
Proper arrangements, refined riffs, a conscious attempt to sing in tune - LADIES AND GENTLEMEN IT JUST WON'T DO!
Where previous albums 'Orange' and, in particular, 'Now I got Worry', glanced at the rule book, tore it up and spat it out, 'Plastic Fang', pays respect to tradition and musicality, resulting in an album that sounds like a slightly more enthusiastic Rolling Stones, late eighties, when they truly had run out of ideas. OH MERCY!
It seems the Blues Explosion's increasing competence as musicians has led to their ultimate undoing - they've learnt how to play properly so now they no longer need to resort to their warped imaginations to work out what should happen next. WAIL!
Curious buyers should invest in 'Now I got Worry' and 'Orange' immediately and by-pass 'Plastic Fang'. BLUES IMPLOSION!!!!!!