Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop Cyber Monday Deals Week in Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Amazon Fire TV Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Voyage Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

Format: DVDChange

on 14 August 2003
If you're looking for a workout which is easy to do with fast results: look no further. This workout is easy to follow and very fast paced. If you don't like one move, don't worry - each exercise is only done for about 30 seconds before Billy goes on to the next one. Before you know it the workout is over.
Tae bo burns up to an amazing 800 calories an hour, more than any other workout available today. It's also fun to do - the people on the tape are all of different abilities, some are not very fit and others are super-fit. They even get the moves wrong sometimes - not like most other workouts where everyone is super slim and get everything right the first time.
Highly recommended - you'll start with this one and want to buy more.......
on 28 August 2008
Billy Blank Tae Bo is easy to follow - pretty much all his DVDs are variations on a theme. You will either like the countdown style of repeat exercises and shouty instructions, or you'll hate them. The music is minimal, mostly "motivating" beats, but the enthusiasm is infectious and actually quite good for keeping you going. This is a good DVD to try out if you are new to tae bo - It has a single 35 min workout and an 8 minute "turbo" workout, more improtantly its one of the older ones so the DVD is quite cheap, meaning you've not wasted £££. I am at mid-range level and found it effective, it does work up a sweat and feel like a good workout in the 35 min one. Give it a try and see if it's for you, if so there are lots of other DVDs in this range.
on 9 March 2006
ABSOLUTLY FANTASTIC, all the exercise's are very well explained, he reminds you about your breathing, and holding your tummy in, I found this a really good fun (and hard working) exercise, much better than your average exercise dvd's.
I did this and after 1 month I could really see the difference in my shape, much more toned, everybody I knew commented how good I lucked.
I HIGHLY reccomend this, and all of Billy Blanks Tae bo dvd's as it really is superb.
on 21 January 2012
After having bought the tae bo basic workout dvd 1 and using it very frequently, I began to find the exercises a tad monotonous and had lost the excitement factor to the workouts,even though billy blanks does a great job motivating in the dvd 1 for the lazy at heart souls (like me!).

After reading reviews ,I skipped dvd 2 and went straight to 3 for my new challenge and boy did I get a challenge!
A nice step up from the dvd 1, this involved a bit more coordination and was at a much faster pace(ie. very few breaks in between each exercise rep and faster reps). Worked the tummy and leg areas more than dvd 1(for those who felt the legs were a bit neglected by dvd 1), with some killer squats towards the end of the workout - perfect to tone up those thigh muscles and abs.
I did struggle to keep up but not so much that I felt discouraged.I actually felt excited about the challenge of getting up there with the mush fitter & hardbodied crowd than on the 1st workout dvd. With a little more practice, the moves can be mastered and performed correctly (I'm just not there yet after 1 workout). Time also flies by during the workout. Feels more like 15mins than 30 - always a good thing!

Highly recommended for those that wish to step up a level in their fitness in preparation for the advanced series. Havent yet tried the 8 minute workout. Much recommended. I cant get enough of tae bo.
VINE VOICEon 15 July 2014
I'm a long time Billy Blank's fan having bought Tae-Bo 1 back when the only medium was VHS. It was singly responsible for my shedding 2 dress sizes (from a 10 to a 6) in 4 months. Now I'm over 10 years older, without 'youth' on my side and wanting to lose weight, it's much harder, and I feel with my old #1 workout I have too much muscle memory - it's tiring, but doesn't seem to be eliciting the same results. So I bought this to see if there was something new within it.

The workout follows the same format as #1 - a warm up, followed by the workout and a cool down. Whilst there are some new moves within the warm up and workout, many are the same but performed in a different direction.

There seems to be a larger focus on the quadriceps, many of the exercises especially towards the end really seem to focus, without focusing, on this muscle group. To be honest, it was too much for me. I know how to push through the burn, but even so...major cramps and my muscles basically just baling out. So perhaps these are for the more advanced rather than someone returning to regular exercise. Of course, Billy is very supportive and encouraging throughout and constantly advises to take water when you need it, and only do what you can reasonably manage - good advice.

My only criticism of #3 is that I felt some of the moves were somewhat uneven, and I'm sure one move isn't even repeated on the other side at all. So I was a bit disappointed. All in all, in comparison #1 is still the best over all workout.
on 19 May 2012
The quality isn't great and it is a bit thrown together without specific planning of a dvd but I love it!
The actual workout is only about 30 mins long and an 8 min 'daily' workout' but I usually do both and work up a good sweat. It gets into the workout straight away, no annoying intros, talking about breathing, how this workout will change your life etc. Plus there isn't too muchh jumping so it isn't too hard on your shins or knees.
The workout is hard enough to make you sweat but not repetitive enough for you to give in. Each movement doesn't last long. The counting and motivational talking actually helps although I thought it would be annoying. It let's you know how long you have left of each step.
Like others have said some moves are carried out on one side but not the other and a major one for me - it is not mirrored! he says 'left side' where it is your right. I just follow him and do it the opposite.
There is a variety of body shapes and abilities of the people. I like the way the camera pans round and goes to people that aren't doing the move aswell. Billy helps them but it is usually something that I am doing too, like not going low enough in the lunges etc. He also reminds you to drink water, at a point I usually want water. He pauses for a second which is long enough to have a sip without feeling like you are missing to much or cheating (or is different from Jillian Michaels who insists you can't break for more than 5 seconds).
The lunges at the end are challenging enough to burn but also to push yourself.
I usually do the extra 8 minutes at the end too because it contains pushups and stretching that the main workout doesn't contain. I just wish the main workout contained more stretching.
on 17 April 2013
this level 3 it works very as it says what u put is it what you take out i really enjoyed myself. i try looking for the level 4 but i could not found it, but i would really enjoy to have the all set of 5.
on 5 July 2010
this dvd is great im so pleased with it iv used lots of dvds and havent seen these results,id definately recommend it im going to buy more from this guy!
on 27 July 2014
This is a really great workout
I cant complain as he keeps up the pace and keeps you involved too!
on 8 October 2013
really great item got the collection now has i been looking for these dvd for awhile so am really happy